SAU Community

R34 Gtr's Official Weight

Hi guys, i have been reading some infos and have come across different weights to the r34gtr. From 1540kgs , to 1660 kgs. Does anyone know which is the real weight on that car? In addition, the carbon fibre bonnet on the vspec2, how much weight savings does that take off ?

So if lets say a normal vspec is 1560kgs, a vspec2 would probably be 20kg's lighter?

Thanks

Hi guys, i have been reading some infos and have come across different weights to the r34gtr. From 1540kgs , to 1660 kgs. Does anyone know which is the real weight on that car? In addition, the carbon fibre bonnet on the vspec2, how much weight savings does that take off ?

So if lets say a normal vspec is 1560kgs, a vspec2 would probably be 20kg's lighter?

Thanks

Carbon bonnet is like 3kg lighter. Don't forget the GTR bonnet is already aluminium and weighs very little.

Thanks for the input guys, i forgot that the GTR bonnet is already aluminium. If its carbon vs the normal gtst bonnet that maybe its 20kg lighter. I didnt say its from a highly credible website, just from reading different sites that i have come across. Just giving rough bracket of measure that I have come across

1540kg , taken from the Nissan owners manual ( its in Japanese) , this will be for the base series II model , add a little more for V-spec II , NUR and a bit more again for M-spec. Serries I cars maybe a couple of kilos less.

may i ask why we need to add a little bit more for the vspecII? Doesnt the cf bonnet actually reduces more weight?

Like sewid pointed out the weight diff in the bonnet is very minor on the other hand the V-spec, V-spec II and M-spec have extra front lower lip , rear c/f defuser and a few other things that will add about 20 kg on the the top of the standard GTR, add a few more things on the M-spec + bigger battery that will add another 15 kg .

Like sewid pointed out the weight diff in the bonnet is very minor on the other hand the V-spec, V-spec II and M-spec have extra front lower lip , rear c/f defuser and a few other things that will add about 20 kg on the the top of the standard GTR, add a few more things on the M-spec + bigger battery that will add another 15 kg .

Yep. The V-Spec's weigh a bit more because of extra bits. That rear diffuser might be carbon but it still weighs a fair whack especially when you include the large number of steel brackets and big bolts needed to keep it on the car.

1540kg , taken from the Nissan owners manual ( its in Japanese) , this will be for the base series II model , add a little more for V-spec II , NUR and a bit more again for M-spec. Serries I cars maybe a couple of kilos less.

:)

Correct

http://evilzaw.tripod.com/gtr.html

M Spec..correct

http://www.japanesesportcars.com/skyline/s...4_gtr_mspec.php

• 5 years later...

I can confirm this for you, my GTR is a 1999 R34, i have coilovers and a exhaust on it with a set of NUR spec NTo3+M rims, and i had to weigh it for blue slip, it came it at 1640KG with a 3/4 tank of fuel.