SAU Community

Yahoo Japan

Red7 Racing

Well Yahoo have gone and turned away more customer's with their bizzare policies. They no longer accept foreign credit cards to sign up for new auction accounts and old auction accounts can not change to foreign credit cards either.

Making it harder on Aussies.

Well Yahoo have gone and turned away more customer's with their bizzare policies. They no longer accept foreign credit cards to sign up for new auction accounts and old auction accounts can not change to foreign credit cards either.

Making it harder on Aussies.

but 90% of the auctions dont ship international, so even if you sign up, what is the point?

i may not mind using my credit cards and account to buy stuff for other people on line but ill be asking for a brokering fee and postage of course...

wonder if that appeals to anyone...

i may not mind using my credit cards and account to buy stuff for other people on line but ill be asking for a brokering fee and postage of course...

wonder if that appeals to anyone...

not exactly revolutionary... you'll have to match or better rates that other ex-pats offer... and rinkya. the margins are so low these days its usually not worth the headaches.

not exactly revolutionary... you'll have to match or better rates that other ex-pats offer... and rinkya. the margins are so low these days its usually not worth the headaches.

that and when the retarded AUD does shit like this it sure doesnt help either...

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/currency/conve...;amt=1&t=5d

LOL at the current rate being well off the bottom of the graph!

still if you do some research and make some contacts you can see how much margin rinkya, nengun and greenline have and can undercut them.

Edited by Streeter

Is a personal import from japan into Australia permissible for any car.

Or put another wa,y will DOTRS in Canberra issue an import certificate for any car, eg diesal/petrol.

Can I stay in Japan but send the vehicle to oz ,or must I arrive before the vehicle?

• 4 weeks later...

I am sure the link with ebay will fall to bits due to people without money to pay for items winning them. It is the main problem I have had dealing with Australians. It is easy to spot an overseas buyer as they usually have a lot of bad feedback with cancellations. My record is clean so far but I had a number of "headaches" from SAU members who seemed to think that I was running a layby scheme under the bonnet of their cars.

It is interesting that a number of auctions now specifically say "if you are foreign or can't speak Japanese don't bid"

Had to sign up to get the info... :banana:

Import Monsters fee – Minimum 2500yen, then 25% of the purchase price up to a maximum of 25000yen. So even if you bid 500000yen, the maximum fee you will pay is 25000yen

its good... if you dont like money! LOL

I guess they have a lot of ppl to pay so that kind of operation would cost a lot to run, not hard to undercut them by a fair margin though.

Edited by Streeter

Well here it is... my first ever bilingual auction!

I am not sure how I can find it through eBay but it had a seperate part for an English description.

http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l5001090

yea looks orite i guess, but you had to type that out in English didnt you? so it doesn't translate plain Japaneses text :banana:

unless most sellers actually start shipping internationally its still crap.

yea looks orite i guess, but you had to type that out in English didnt you? so it doesn't translate plain Japaneses text :(

unless most sellers actually start shipping internationally its still crap.

Actually it does have the option to translate the text automatically, but obviously that is limited by the quality of the translation software.

Hehe, if anyone has seen your car Streeter they will know you really should charge more... :banana:

post-662-1198256122_thumb.jpg

Edited by Laurence