SAU Community

Should I Get A Non-turbo R33/34 Or Others If I Am P Plate Driver?

Kevin84

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't bother with a non-turbo skyline. I would agree with '32line' and recommend a non-turbo supra. It's probably not worth risking getting caught driving a turbo skyline illegally plus you may encounter possible insurance problems.

ive got a r34 gt-four..

i love driving it! basically the only r34 where i live on red Ps, and i get noticed by every1 i know straight away lol.

had it for about a year now, got it last year december.

still on red Ps but once i get my full licence im selling it.

Personally i wouldnt bother with the non turbo skyline. Like a few others have mentioned, just get some to get you around than when you get your opens you will get that dream turbo powered car.

Get an r32 rb25de and slot an rb30 bottom end under it, then extractors, cam regrinds, head work, high comp pistons, solid lifters, valve springs. Strip off extra weight i.e. a/c, HICAS, interior, sound deadening etc. Add coil overs, locked diff, GT-R brakes, GT-R rims with street slicks, fixed back light weight seats etc. and you're set, a tough street/track machine that would take down most stock turbos.

You could pass it off as a 2ltr and race it in the 2ltr NA classes.

Edited by BAMR33

I am holding the P licence and looking for a sport car. I really like R33/34 but I can't drive turbo. Should I just get a non-turbo R33/34 or go for some car else such as integra/celica? What do you guys think?

The R33 and R34 are relatively heavy, especially for the 2.5L engine that's hauling them.

If its your first car I'd suggest buying something you're willing and can afford to break. If you want to drive a sports car like a sports car, you're going to bend stuff.

If you can afford to go to an R34 but you want fast, I'd say get an Autech S15. Lighter, shorter, more nimble, RWD, slightly better power / weight, but the chassis itself has been reinforced so it should handle better.

Otherwise, the DC2 Integra Type-R is probably one of the most enjoyable driver's cars you can get. They've retained value very well, but they're a lively drive and quick car. And, unlike the current DC5, its a proper Type-R.

If you don't mind delving into hot hatchery, consider a RenaultSport Clio. Little weight, and a very willing engine, and lots of grip. When I test drove one, I almost bought one.

Get a Mitsi-Mirage with the FTO engine conversion. Light n quick :worship:

Also leaves room to add crap live the..ummm. is it a VAFC ?? APEXi fuel computer/Mivec controller ?

Mirage on Ps won't attract much attention

yeh and get numba plates [ top bloke ] while u at it.

yeh and get numba plates [ top bloke ] while u at it.

LOL

I'm glad I got my P plates before the laws kicked in,

I'll be even more glad when I get off them in feb.

If you really want a skyline, get a skyline! I had an N/A R33 before my GT-T and it was a good car