SAU Community

commodors vs skylines

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by OverDriver

Man..

I went for a drive in my NA skyline and my mate had a '98 vectra and still i started to slowly pull away at around 105 :D

There either prety good cars or mines slow as..

I can confirm your car is 'slow as'. Because out of the factory brand new they are 'slow as'. It isn't a gtst, even they are slowish.

I raced a modified VS Senator last night (well it sounded modified and had a huge exhaust). It was virtually neck and neck the whole way, but by the time we backed off I had started to very slightly pull ahead. Nothing to write home about, but I had 2 passengers and he had none! I would have thought that the V8's torque would have reeled me in but apparently not.

Oh, and due to the really awful launch I did I decided I really need some pineapples. (that's not my excuse for not doing any better, because his launch was as bad as mine :D)

The weight and gearing worked against the Senator JimX. And as for '98 Vectras, a V6 Manual can keep with a 200SX (i've seen it done).And all LX Torana-onwards Holdens do single-spinners as it's the way the BorgWarner diff operates. My old UC Trana did it, a mate's VH did it. VTs, VXs, and VYs do it.

I saw my first R34 4 Door yesterday.

Damn they look really nice. It had no spoiler on the back and was a dark silver grey. It also had a nice set of wheels.

Definately nicer looking than say a Commodore and I think the Commodore do look nice so thats saying some thing.

They built a GT-R (4wd, ATESSA, etc) with RB26DE, i know a guy who lived in Japan and knows the dude who runs Autech and got taken for a run in the car. I dunno if it did the round of shows, i know it was his daily driver for a fair while. He reckoned it was a better drive than the TT GT-Rs

Ja i saw it. And the car i am talking bout was a GT-R (4 door shell loaded with the pumped guards/spoiler, etc) and NA RB26. GT-R interior as well.

I'll e-mail my mate and get the link to the car. I KNOW the car, it was the bloke's private road car... He built one with 4WD and the GT-R guards, one with the guards but without the 4WD system as well...

I don't think we're talking about the same car Rezz