SAU Community

Newbies

Hey my name is james. I recently got a v35 300gt from sports auto group sydney. Oh yeah my car was hit and run two days after getting it. So its currently getting a new door skin . . .

bummer goodluck!

How did you find them guys at the sports auto group?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings people, I'm Peter,

I recently purchased Rob Hickey's 350GT that was co-incidently advertised for sale on this forum. I have found the forum very useful in my research both before and since making the purchase. Considering the deteriorating state of roads in this part of the world, I am concerned about the long term welfare of the car. Can only hope for the better, but hope is all there is likely to be. To add to that, insects are in plague proportions at present; ah! I'll get to drive it one day :-(

• 2 weeks later...

This is the only one I am aware of..

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/346667-servicing-your-v35-list-of-whats-needed/

for the V35, but most items would be the same.

some of the V36 owners might need to get together and put together a V36 list.. :)

Thanks for that Sonicii, I was just wondering because cars are similar it would use same fluids and such, but i saw on a website in america for my car, that the power steering fluid is Dextron 6, but i dont even noe if that exists, but deft right on the face that more knowledgeable V36 owners should create a maitenance page for the noobies :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just thought I'd pop in and say hi.
I used to be active on the forums when I owned my previous cars (MR2 turbo, Supra, 300ZX TT) but I've just bought a more 'sensible' daily driver so I'm back.

Here she is. I payed the deposit yesterday! WIll be getting complied/registered over the next few weeks.

1508507_10152028878774300_1199507687_n.j

2003. Leather/woodgrain interior. "30,000km" on the clock (I'm skeptical but I wouldn't be surprised if it's legit because it's immaculate, not a mark on the interior)

It has a few mods like coilovers, exhaust, stereo, xenons, aftermarket airbox and a few other little goodies (think I saw an aftermarket sway bar or something too).
I think I'll lose the xenons during compliance but hopefully they let me keep them and reinstall them. They look sick.

Planning to keep the car pretty clean/standard but I've got a few parts from my MR2 (currently parting it out) which I can bring across (headunit etc.)

I was also thinking that because the V35 has 17s I could maybe put my MR2's wheels on it.

How would these sit?

SSR SP1
17x8 +29
17x9 +38

Hey guys, just thought I'd pop in and say hi.

I used to be active on the forums when I owned my previous cars (MR2 turbo, Supra, 300ZX TT) but I've just bought a more 'sensible' daily driver so I'm back.

Here she is. I payed the deposit yesterday! WIll be getting complied/registered over the next few weeks.

1508507_10152028878774300_1199507687_n.j

2003. Leather/woodgrain interior. "30,000km" on the clock (I'm skeptical but I wouldn't be surprised if it's legit because it's immaculate, not a mark on the interior)

It has a few mods like coilovers, exhaust, stereo, xenons, aftermarket airbox and a few other little goodies (think I saw an aftermarket sway bar or something too).

I think I'll lose the xenons during compliance but hopefully they let me keep them and reinstall them. They look sick.

Planning to keep the car pretty clean/standard but I've got a few parts from my MR2 (currently parting it out) which I can bring across (headunit etc.)

I was also thinking that because the V35 has 17s I could maybe put my MR2's wheels on it.

How would these sit?

SSR SP1

17x8 +29

17x9 +38

She looks great mate! Very clean and you chose the best colour imo.

Is that a carbon fiber rear diffuser I spy? =) I've always been partial to carbon fiber..

I think you will find the MR2 wheels will sit too far in the wheel well for the rear. From memory the stock 17" offset is +30 front and +33 rear. +15 to +20 sits a-lot cleaner.

Hey Jezza, welcome Im sure youl find plenty of useful stuff here.

A good complier can certify whether the odometer has been modified/ tampered. Mine had 14.5k on it but it was less than 20months old. It was certified as true. If it looks immaculate it could be original. But given the extras I would suggest the whole car has been refitted.

Surprised you got 17's- most 2003 coupes have 18". I would not bother with your MR2. The V has massive wheel arches which are part of the appeal. They can accommodate much bigger but even fact opt incl 19". So all up to you.

Sorry man I cant tell if its a 250gt or 350gt- that might explain the wheels!

Also make sure you compliers keep the wiring and exnons ( which they should anyway). As its relatively easy to out back in place after compliance. Cheers

Thanks for the replies guys. I thought that would be the case. I was just hoping to save some coin and not have to buy wheels haha. It's all good though :) I will rock the stockies for a few months! They don't look too bad.

I was surprised with the 17s too but I would say that the owner has purchased them after running aftermarket wheels. I could tell because there were spacers at the front (weird, but they'll come off for compliance) and marks where the wheels has hit the guard (actually rusting slightly which I will have to fix). That was a definite indication that they'd be running wider wheels up the front.

I'm really excited to get the car. Detailing is a hobby of mine so the paint should come up brilliant with a good polish/wax.

Looking forward to speaking to you guys more and checking out all of your Skylines :) Halfway through the gallery thread now and there's some mint examples in there!

P.s. This is what I want yes? Or is there a better option?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Infinity-G35-Coupe-Bumper-Side-Turn-Signal-Light-/130478122088?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e611a2468

Edited by jezza boii

Are they all a good fit? I'll definitely go for the cheaper option in that case.

No rush on postage coz I won't have the car for another 2 weeks at least.

Any other little mods I can do while I'm at it? Nothing expensive coz I've already broken the bank by buying the car in the first place lol

Edit: Can't find any other indicators overseas. What do I search for? I've tried G35, V35, indicators, crystal, clear and a bunch of other keywords..

Edited by jezza boii

hello to all V36 owners out there,

previously a long time skyline owner and have taken a break for the past 2 years (went down the EVO path) now soon to be back to ye' ol' skyline.

looking at the v36 sedan Type SP 3.5L 2008.

Is there any known common issues with these cars?

i've read up something about the cam sensor failing being common

is there any difference between the 06-09 models?

would you v36 owners be kind enough to list down any issues you had with your car.

Thanks