SAU Community

Software :)

thanks for the feedback.

I spoke to him this morning about the alternate comments on the way the fuel economy gauge would work.

The good news is that we will be able to make and selectable option when ordered. This way you can see the information the way you prefer.

The bad news it will cost you double

NAH.............LOL :D

Just kidding.

It will be a selectable option but there should not be any extra cost.

Cheers

Andy

His plans are that there will be 2 discs;

Disc 1, will install and produce a unique code that will show on the screen.

That number gets sent to the developer and within 24 hours a the final disc will be ready to download.

Disc 2 is a unique version with the serial number produced from disc 1, encripted in the 2nd disc.

that is the theory, waiting to see the final product.

Cheers

Andy

Hmm good luck with that, I still don't see how that would stop it getting used in other cars, unless there is some unique ID stored in the car computer somewhere but I don't see why they would bother?

Sorry... I mean, "Awesome, there is no way in the world that won't stop piracy, do we get the update tomorrow?!" :D

Exactly what I was thinking.

That method doesnt make sense at all. There will be a torrent of both cds available... simple

The only thing they can do to protect themselves is do one massive groupbuy... which im sure we can make happen, if only they agree.

Hmm good luck with that, I still don't see how that would stop it getting used in other cars, unless there is some unique ID stored in the car computer somewhere but I don't see why they would bother?

Yeh, I sorta agree. Installing a unique ID in the car with the 1st disc and outputting that code on the screen to be supplied & encrypted into the software for 2nd disc, alone would not be enough to prevent duplicate installs.

The 1st disc would have to contain instructions that direct the software to create a unique ID based on something that is unique to each car... maybe a serial number of the ROM or some other part of the internal car comp? We can only guess :D

As for the reason why they bother... simple - $$$ The more downloads/registrations they get, the fatter their bank account gets. If we made copies available for free, well...

- TZ!

Exactly what I was thinking.

That method doesnt make sense at all. There will be a torrent of both cds available... simple

The only thing they can do to protect themselves is do one massive groupbuy... which im sure we can make happen, if only they agree.

or if they're open to someone setting themselves up as a distibutor.

thanks for the feedback.

I spoke to him this morning about the alternate comments on the way the fuel economy gauge would work.

The good news is that we will be able to make and selectable option when ordered. This way you can see the information the way you prefer.

The bad news it will cost you double

NAH.............LOL :)

Just kidding.

Cheers

Andy

Wow - ask and you shall receive ;)

Top stuff :D

- TZ!

Had a thought (I know... rare) while on the freeway today.

I have no issue with the L/100 switch, but what if the numbers on the side were lower L/100 at the top with the higher L/100 on the bottom?

The leaf could then go from red (bottom = poor economy) to green (top = good economy).

Would make more sense and display in a way that we can instantly relate to.

Edited by iamhe77

hey guys i cant be bothered reading 20 pages, im just wondering what the cost of converting is now from jap to eng?

maybe you should be bothered reading 20 pages.

I don't think that price has been specified as yet...

maybe you should be bothered reading 20 pages.

I don't think that price has been specified as yet...

can't be bothered... ahhh that is so nice...!

We might not be bothered responding to your questions...

:P

lol

Edited by Stephen Thorpe

has the forums format changed for anyone? i cant seem to view more than a few pages now, 4 max...:S im trying to get to page 20 but its just a whole list of replies in this topic and i have to select one reply by one.

has the forums format changed for anyone? i cant seem to view more than a few pages now, 4 max...:S im trying to get to page 20 but its just a whole list of replies in this topic and i have to select one reply by one.

Sounds like you accidentally switched your "Display Mode" to "Outline". Change back to "Standard" view and you should be right... if my guess is correct.

In the Top right-hand corner of this thread you should see "Options" pull-down menu. Click on this and select Display Modes ---> Switch to: Standard.

- TZ!