SAU Community

Fuel Consumption Comparison

R34GT-T

I have a bog stock R34 GT-t and im only getting 350klm from a tank on highway cycle without thrashing the car either.

what do you guys get from a tank? state your mods and driving habits!

do you have a suggestion to improve mine or is this just how it is?

Maintenance can play a big part in fuel economy.. Do all your fluids, plugs, o2 sensor, oil/fuel filter etc. If that doesn't work get some sort of engine management happening (even piggyback) and get your A/F ratios tuned etc.

My r34's mostly stock, and it gets about 420-430 before the fuel light comes on, with a mostly suburban driving and a bit of highway and a bit of 'spirited' driving. But what you have to remember is that the fuel light seems to come on really early in r34's, mine came on last time I filled up just before I turned into the petrol station and when i filled up all i could get in there was 50.5lts, meaning there was still 14.5ltrs in there! (65ltr tank) So maybe your fuel consumption isn't as bad as you think it is?

Do you run your air con constantly? Cause this could possibly make it use a bit more too.

I'd just get a full service and gap your plugs etc etc and see how that goes if you still think its using too much.

I get just under 400ks to a tank in my car, mix of highway, traffic and abit of thrashing.

rb20, power fc, forgies, cam, t66, then all the normal stuff cooler exhaust blah blah. 226rwkw@15

Edited by sherman89

r33 auto pod filter fmic 3 1/2 exaust 508 ks so far still waiting for the light to come on . mixture of country drive gawler to victor and back and the rest city driving . im rapt so far

a update i gave in and filled the car at 520 ks cause i thought if the fuel light dosent work im going to get stuck on the side of the road lol . but surprisingly it only took 52 litres to do 520 ks so there was about 10 litres of fuel left in the tank so that works out at 10 litre per hundred ks that was a 200ks of country driving with a bit of boost in the overtaking lanes and the rest surban driving im pretty happy with that :-)

Edited by mid life crisis

Mine's mostly city driving, range from 13-14.5L/100km depending on conditions, driving style, tyre pressures, etc. Still going to change o2 sensor and see if that improves it a bit more, it's not excessive atm, but with the way it is driven most of the time I think it could be a bit better. Oh and it's a bog stock manual R33 GTST.

My R33 GTR gets about 16L/100km if driven with some hard driving and some normal driving (ie. more normal gentle acceleration than thrashing).

Or 20L/100km if driven hard more often, the acceleration makes a huge difference for me, the more you stay off boost the less fuel that is used :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

On freeway drives i get about 550 - 600 before i need to fill up thats driving pretty conservative though, city driving im still gettin around 500 but depends on how much spirited driving i get up to. I got 3 inch, Front mount, CAI Pod and boost controller.

Other than that though the car seems pretty good on petrol, my driving is its downfall for economy.

Edited by skyzaman