SAU Community

My New Car...

danieltangtc

I finally got around to selling my r34gtt

Now the proud owner of my 2006 mazda rx8 6 speed manual. Colour is winning blue.

1.3 L Renesis multiside port engine

100% stock

Bought it off Australian motors as used demo.

Good price too :banana:

I've always owned and driven skylines

Even though it may not be a skyline, its still a nice jap car :down:

Im thinking of changing the wheels to either gold rims or black rims with chrome lip.

What do you guys think is better?

post-14703-1198855418_thumb.jpg

Edited by danieltangtc

The stock wheels are 18x8 5x114.3 stud pattern, but with an unfortunate +50 offset most wheels you see on skylines won't fit. Best bet is to speak to a tyre shop such as Adelaide Tyrepower on Curry St or Wheelworx. They will tell you what is available and will fit :banana:

The stock wheels are 18x8 5x114.3 stud pattern, but with an unfortunate +50 offset most wheels you see on skylines won't fit. Best bet is to speak to a tyre shop such as Adelaide Tyrepower on Curry St or Wheelworx. They will tell you what is available and will fit :down:

def a +1 for goin into adelaide tyrepower. Troy's not back until next week (i think), but Brenton (32_4door) from here works there, hav a word with him. Nothing is impossible :banana:

Nice purchase! Love the RX8 - some nice shadow chrome wheels would go nicely on it. How is it compared to the R34 GTT?

Hi bro,

the rx8 is slow ass compared to the r34. r34 has the bullet slingshot effect when the turbo kicks in. rx8 acceleration is very linear. Makes me surprise that wheel magazine managed a 0-100 time of 6.5 or somrthing in a stock rx8. Also rx8 can rev up to 9Krpm quite comfortably. The power of the rx8 is in the 8K rpm and beyond range. At low revs, a corolla would own it!

Handling wise, rx8 feels more balanced and the car makes taking corners at high speed vv easy (you think you are going much slower)

Apparently, you can turbo an rx8, and even make it a tri-rotary. theres been a small handful of ppl in Au and quite a lot of ppl in US that have done that.

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO. THis is a turbocharged 3 rotary rx8 (stock is just 2 rotary) made by petit racing in the USA.

I think the laws in SA are abit too strict. SAPOL wouldnt like it if i turboed an NA car. I mean, they are giving turbo car drivers shit (look at skylines) for mucking ard with their turbos.' haha

Hi bro,

the rx8 is slow ass compared to the r34. r34 has the bullet slingshot effect when the turbo kicks in. rx8 acceleration is very linear. Makes me surprise that wheel magazine managed a 0-100 time of 6.5 or somrthing in a stock rx8. Also rx8 can rev up to 9Krpm quite comfortably. The power of the rx8 is in the 8K rpm and beyond range. At low revs, a corolla would own it!

Handling wise, rx8 feels more balanced and the car makes taking corners at high speed vv easy (you think you are going much slower)

Apparently, you can turbo an rx8, and even make it a tri-rotary. theres been a small handful of ppl in Au and quite a lot of ppl in US that have done that.

CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO. THis is a turbocharged 3 rotary rx8 (stock is just 2 rotary) made by petit racing in the USA.

I think the laws in SA are abit too strict. SAPOL wouldnt like it if i turboed an NA car. I mean, they are giving turbo car drivers shit (look at skylines) for mucking ard with their turbos.' haha

and yes, I forgot to add, the car is vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv thirsty, Im so surprised! It drinks more petrol than the r34 even though its only a 1.3~~!!!! I dun mind if its drinking under high revs. BUt I keep the car so slow, and its still drinking!!!

I thought you can't turbocharge them as the intake and exhaust timing overlaps as part of the Renesis technology.

See post below

just tell SAPOL you bought a Mazda RX-8 "Extreme" :)

Turbo RX8

oh all you need now is a kit

MazdaRx8.jpg

and yes, I forgot to add, the car is vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv thirsty, Im so surprised! It drinks more petrol than the r34 even though its only a 1.3~~!!!! I dun mind if its drinking under high revs. BUt I keep the car so slow, and its still drinking!!!

turbocharging it would make it more efficient, therefore with the same fuel usage that your getting atm, you will have more power to show for it. Its not a bad idea at all, as for legalities, most cops wont pull over an RX8 anyway lol, only if your doing something wrong. That said, theres no reason why it couldnt be made regancy approved!

+1 for regency approved how about putting some R33 callipers on it :devil: then it will stop with all that power

The Extreme RX-8 looks the part too, with 19-inch wheels and tyres, a high performance racing brake package,

maybe try find out what they used

nice buy mate, that veilside kit is awesome. Never really like veilside stuff but that looks so subtelly tuff. Put it on your list of things to get :blink:

I reckon a nice set of gold rims with a chrome lip would look tuff as mate, nice set of 5 spokers would look tuff.

Happy modding :devil:

Edited by skylineguy19