2008 F1 Season

wolverine

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will Button have another hack year? LOL, the guy seemed to be over it last year, and even though his year was much worse then Webbers, Webber is always soundign hungry for a result and disappointed when the pace or relaibility wasnt there. Button didnt seem to care.

But most of all will be the new pairings. Jr v Alonso and Heiki vs Louise

Will Button have another hack year? LOL, the guy seemed to be over it last year, and even though his year was much worse then Webbers, Webber is always soundign hungry for a result and disappointed when the pace or relaibility wasnt there. Button didnt seem to care.

But most of all will be the new pairings. Jr v Alonso and Heiki vs Louise

Who's Jr?

Don't get it why Alonso wants to go back to Renault now. >_<

What was the news about Alonso? Anybody refresh my memory? :dry:

Jr is Nelson Piquet Jr, possibly one of the most over rated drivers on the grid this year (imho) Alonso wanted him as a team mate so that he wouldn't have any competition (a la Lewis) and got Renault to get rid of Hiekki to accommodate him.

Alonso is back a Renault because he wants Flavio to stroke his Ego and blow smoke up his arse about how good he is.

If the Honda management goes totally hands off and lets Ross Brawn do his job, then I can see Honda making great steps forward this year, as long as the car isn't totally shithouse like last years, and they can get a good test/development driver into the team.

Alonso is back a Renault because he wants Flavio to stroke his Ego and blow smoke up his arse about how good he is.

not forgetting that he won 2 GP drivers championships there

but obviously that's history anyway

No traction control is certainly going to mix the field I think. Finally we get to see who are drivers and who just rely on electronics to drive the car for them.

God... the front of the new F2008 is horrible, its like it gets worse and worse every year. You'd think with all the money they have there would be a more elegant solution to attaching a wing to the nose. The intakes and bargeboards do look nice tho, but the new MP4-23 gets released today... cant wait

I think the single lap pace of drivers will not change much, even without TC. Sure there may be a few errors here and there when the pressure is on. But they are all talented guys and i dont see it being a great leveller between the quicker and weaker teams. Especially after an off season of testing

Where i see it making a big difference is over the race distance. I think some will pick it up quicker then others and be able to get their tyres to wear better. So it may mean that pit strategies are a little less flexible now because drivers will be torching tyres when they are trying to bridge a gap

Bring on testing and Honda once again being pace setters :D Only to... :yes:

I think the single lap pace of drivers will not change much, even without TC. Sure there may be a few errors here and there when the pressure is on. But they are all talented guys and i dont see it being a great leveller between the quicker and weaker teams. Especially after an off season of testing

Where i see it making a big difference is over the race distance. I think some will pick it up quicker then others and be able to get their tyres to wear better. So it may mean that pit strategies are a little less flexible now because drivers will be torching tyres when they are trying to bridge a gap

While what you have said will be true for the guys who have real talent, I do think that it will be a leveller for the rest of the field.....over the years that the cars have had TC the amount of times it cuts in during a corner when they show incar footage staggered me. Now that the driver will have to step up and actually control an F1 car around a corner whilst maintaining tyres etc I think we will see the talent seperated from the rest.