SAU Community

New Motor Mag. 422kw Maloo. Wtf

R33GOD

It sucks the trend by manufacturers nowadays is heavier and more powerful.

Oh shoot it weighs 200kg more than the old one, um, lets give it 50kw more, yeah, they wont notice the weight then.

Lets hope they follow ferrari, who have stated they're aim is no longer power but weight savings to increase performance.

But the average billybob that wants a HSV only wants power for fully sick skids so who cares how slow it really is, as long as hes happy.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ROFL Holden + Research... Right.. They just copied information and designs from other cars, HOLDENS new BMW inspired VE.. Really Holden's are shithouse they are poorly built and wow lets all put a BIGGER engine in when we want to make powe.. f**k the technology of the time we need bigger. Soon it will be OMFG ITS A 500HP COMMONWHORE WITH A f**kING 9 LITRE v8... I cannot remember the last time ive seen a STOCK holden pull any less then 14 on the 1/4. Lets sink 5k into it and get a 13 or 13.5 shall we? Stock GTRS for the same money (With Better Tech and Handling.. Oh f**k it its a better car) runs 12's sink 5k into it and get 12.3's. The only thing that holdens are is Cheap bogan powerhouses that for 70k u can have the TOP of the line model thats not really that great anyway. You are just paying for the HSV bullshit. When ever i see the "HSV I just want one" i say f**k OFF no i dont..

EDIT- and before you say What do you know you most likely have not even driven said cars, I have driven the GTS, Clubsport and the new Maloo.. Why? Because I WAS going to buy one until i found out how disappointing they were to drive. I went and drove a 310awkw 32gtr and it was a hands down win, thus i have purchased that instead. Oh and it didnt cost me no where near as much.

The only thing that holdens are is Cheap bogan powerhouses that for 70k u can have the TOP of the line model thats not really that great anyway

That is probably the most pathetic string of words I have seen in my life :banana: You just took everything out of this thread and completely blew it out of the water. Mate you are running down HSV like there is no tomorrow yet YOU WERE GENUINELY INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE? :) $5K into one you can run 12s and there is proof of it. An Edit, High Ratio Diff Gears & a shot of NOS will get you there very easily. For 5K you can also buy a bolt on supercharger kit, and with the right set up will run 12s all day.

I went and drove a 310awkw 32gtr and it was a hands down win, thus i have purchased that instead. Oh and it didnt cost me no where near as much.

No shit my friend? You're comparing a 310awkw GTR to a standard HSV from the factory? The car is minimum 14 years old, of course its going to be cheaper. It may have been a hands down win in one way but also, good luck fitting a family of five in there. People buy different cars for different reasons, who come from different backgrounds & tastes. For such a large, heavy 4 door car, I can't see a problem with them.

Go and do your research before you come on here and post utter crap because you have formed an opinion in your head & FYI not everyone may share the same interests as you.

Have a nice day ;)

I tend to see alot of Holden owners as banner wavers... it is as though they think its un-Australian to be driving imports/jap cars.

A lot of people I meet are Jap Cars and anything else is just a bogan commodore or ford. Its tragic. Any true car enthusiast wouldn't care what other people drive and be happy that other people share the same interest as you, whether it be a Nissan, Toyota, Holden or Ford badge. And you only have to look at Summernats to get the other side of the coin. People can't except imports either. No one will ever bring it together... Just gotta accept there are people everywhere who are like it and nothing will change..

For such a large, heavy 4 door car, I can't see a problem with them.

Exactly.

The bloody things weigh over 1800Kg, and can pull a 13 from factory.

That's quite fast for something that's essentially built from a family car. Commodores get such a bad wrap.

They're really not that bad.

It may have been a hands down win in one way but also, good luck fitting a family of five in there. People buy different cars for different reasons, who come from different backgrounds & tastes. For such a large, heavy 4 door car, I can't see a problem with them.

I would have thought that the kind of person who puts their family of 5 into the car then goes and does 13 sec. quarters would be the exact type of person to keep out of high performance cars.

I would have thought that the kind of person who puts their family of 5 into the car then goes and does 13 sec. quarters would be the exact type of person to keep out of high performance cars.

Wash your mouth out with soap!

My old 1977 volvo station wagon with a 308 conversion ran 13.9@101mph with two baby seats and a pram in the boot,and it was a most agreeable family car. I miss it so much.

A 422kw UTE ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cmon it's a UTE ! ITS GOT 422 #$%@n kws.

POWER MORE POWER!!!

No need for luck... theres 5 seats there for a reason!

I dunno about an R33 but an R32 you need more than luck to fit five people in there :D

Its about being practical when needed, but also when you want to have a bit of fun you still can :D..

I vote Yidz for Prime Minister

Just trying to keep it real haha :D

Edited by Yidz

Its about being practical when needed, but also when you want to have a bit of fun you still can :(..

I get that, personally though, if i wanted to have fun, i'd have a v6 commo tow car to take well set up 32GTR to the track for a bit of fun, good track cars can be had for nothing from jap.

also, rev210, station wagons>utes all day long, ultimate sleeper there man.

A 422 kw ute is all good but i bet i'll never see a tradesman throwing his wheel barrow and mixer in the back along with all the associated tools and driving off to the muddy constuction site . In-fact i bet owners of such a ute would be to scared to whack a dirty MXer in the back. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a ute in the first place.

It's a dead set bonafide wank mobile if you ask me !

A 422 kw ute is all good but i bet i'll never see a tradesman throwing his wheel barrow and mixer in the back along with all the associated tools and driving off to the muddy constuction site . In-fact i bet owners of such a ute would be to scared to whack a dirty MXer in the back. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a ute in the first place.

History shows this isn't the case at all.

It goes back to the 1 tonner days. Plenty of hoon tradies worked them up made them look like show cars and then threw crap in the purpose built trays. Many quick ones around back then. A friend of mine used to go down the drags in his beautiful XD 460cube work ute running 10's in road trim, though admittedly not with the wheel barrow. Although I reckon he would have if the scruteneers allowed it.

The theory is good 422kw, bags of cement, lumber and donuts. :)

Pfft mate i love my car and wouldn't sell it for anything, not because its a skyline but because its my car and it means a lot to me. Its probably a lot more modified then yours and i probably know a lot more about them then you so don't give me smart ass comments like that! It's just im not the type of person that says ohh a Ferrrari Modena is a crap car because my skyline does a 1/4 mile time quicker then it by 0.3 seconds and has 20 more HP then it or some crap.

And what are u comparing anyway a 4 door SS commodore to a 2 door AWD GTR? Yeah fair enough the GTR will out handle it hands down. Lets flip the coin however, how about comparing a 4 door skyline to a 2 door Monaro, i can gaurantee the monaro will outhandle it. So if your going to give out such great advise how about you specify what your talking about instead of being a smart ass b*tch.

Last I heard, Monaros dont handle any better than an SS. Two less doors means very little as they weigh just about the same, maybe 15 KG difference max.

But in all honesty, if you want to compare Skylines to Commodores, compare GTRs to HSV GTS and compare SS to GTS-T.

Its all about being a true blue bogan aussie :thumbsup:

Its all about being a true blue bogan aussie :P

:laughing-smiley-014:

But in all honesty, if you want to compare Skylines to Commodores, compare GTRs to HSV GTS and compare SS to GTS-T.

No no no... HSV is like the tuning company for Holden so it'll be like comparing a HSV GTS to like a Nismo tuned GTR, then GTR to SS and standard Holden with the GTS-t.

Its all about being a true blue bogan aussie :P

Or to individual tastes, and the fact that if you only need two seats and are not fussed about "track like handling", a ute is a lot more practical :D

wow... this thread brought out all the f**kwits.

What even funnier than some peoples posts are the cars in their profiles.

people with $8K AUTO R32 GTST's (who obviously believe their cars are worth $18K the damn dreamers), going on about how bad these new holdens handle.

Couple of facts you blinkered up knobs..

1.) LS1 weighs less than RB20/25

2.) LS1 produces more power than RB20/25

3.) LS1 produces more Torque than RB20/25

4.) LS1 uses LESS fuel to produce that power than RB20/25

5.) LS1 is a more compact design, which sits further back in the engine bay giving better weight distribution than RB20/25

6.) LS1 has a better emmision rating than RB20/25

7.) LS1 costs LESS than an RB25 (the boat anchor RB20 is probably cheaper than LS1 - yay for the skylines)

Did you know that suspension has come a LOOOOONG way since 1989 when your nugget was made?

Did you know that, Just like TEIN for your skyline, there are other companies that can "upgrade" Holden suspension?

I personally DON'T like Holdens. I would not buy one.

They are too big for my liking.

I can however, appreciate them.

f**k some of you clowns are narrow minded.

and it's mainly the newer members.

There is a place for people like you.

It's called NS.com or Boostcruising.com - f**k off over there.

Wow.. the RB uses DOHC and 24 valves blah blah...

Holden uses dinosour technology.

still.

they sell more than anything nissan make.

they make more power than anything nissan make (up until the R35 GTR)

Get the f**k over yourselves.