New Motor Mag. 422kw Maloo. Wtf

R33GOD

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once its released how long untill some dumb ass 18year old takes his daddys out for a spin and kills himself and proberly others. I love fast cars and power, but cars like this are jsut stupid for the roads and rules these days. Specially with shit braking and steering setups holden use...

my 2 cents

• 9 months later...

442kw what a BEAST! that thing would sound awesome love the sound of v8s, i like both imports and v8s, i own a r33 nissan skyline very happy with it in a few years i hope to have enough cash to buy a vz maloo.

well this thread seems to have attracted every single illiterate person on this forum - what a nightmare trying to read it all!

trikdoutvl has actually said something worthwhile for once, I've noticed that car enthusiasts and banner wavers are two disparate groups.

For example, among my mates the consensus is that the 2JZ is a superior motor all up to any of the RB series, yet most of us drive various turbo Nissans because we like them, and prefer them to Supras etc- at the same time some of my other mates drive turbo Fords, V8 Holdens, even rotaries.

I refuse to associate with people who are one eyed about a particular make or model, even other Skyline owners, they shit me up the wall, much like Ford/Holden fans who seriously claim that the other brand is 'shit' for no reason other than that they prefer the other.

That said, I can't see any point in having 300+rwkw in a ute, I've seen it in action in a XR6T ute, bloody thing couldn't get traction at all at full noise! Not my idea of fun. It also really depends on whether you just want something thats going to do a wicked quick quarter, which seems to be an obsession of many people out here, honestly who'd get a kick out of driving a 300rwkw VL Turbo on the street with a high stall and a Powerglide for example, but for some people 1/4 times mean everything.

I don't really know why this thread is still going though, what a shitfight, and it sounds like many of you have never driven some of the other cars that you're bagging out.

Ok, so I read the first page and then got too lazy to read on with any more bitching... so thought I'd my 2c

Honestly, I dont even guage my judgement of cars on performance anymore. Pretty much every make out there has got some form of 300+kw beast. So pretty much it comes down to looks, reliability and whether or not you wanna be driving around in something that 10 million other people are driving around in.

When I bought my skyline (its 10 years old) I had it up in the air and had a good look at everything. It was dry as a bone and bushes etc all in great nick. All still original too. How many original 10 year old commodores are like that? None that I have seen. My parents drive around in a VT (same year model as my line) and it has had the best possible life. Serviced frequently since new, never been thrashed and it still pisses oil from every place possible. Not to mention the depreciation on those things!!!

I have worked on Fords, Holdens, Mercs, Porsche, and every other shitbox going around.... And It's always the Jap cars that kick ass with build quality and value for money. I've changed more rear main oil seals on 911's and Boxsters than I have on Jap cars combined. And the porsche's have been done WELL before 100k.

Well thats my rant and opinion lol. Everyone is entitled to one and noone should bag out someone else for having it!

I refuse to associate with people who are one eyed about a particular make or model, even other Skyline owners, they shit me up the wall, much like Ford/Holden fans who seriously claim that the other brand is 'shit' for no reason other than that they prefer the other.

That said, I can't see any point in having 300+rwkw in a ute, I've seen it in action in a XR6T ute, bloody thing couldn't get traction at all at full noise! Not my idea of fun. It also really depends on whether you just want something thats going to do a wicked quick quarter, which seems to be an obsession of many people out here, honestly who'd get a kick out of driving a 300rwkw VL Turbo on the street with a high stall and a Powerglide for example, but for some people 1/4 times mean everything.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the first bit, but not so much the second bit. As far as I know, Falcon ute's still have leaf spring rear end, which in my opinion, not so good for traction. My best mate has a 270rwkw VY SS manual and that's not too out of control for the street, and doesnt roast the tyres in every gear, spins them up pretty easily in first and second if your going hard, but it's not got the best rubber on the back.

I gather people are just jealous of the possibility of 422kw big cube Holdens which are/have...

-close to legal/legal

-reliable

-factory style driveability

-factory style NVH

-modern build

-modern comforts, modern ergonomics

-warranty

-dealer backup

versus 10 year old ~200kw skylines which are noisy, rough, often backyarder tuned with accompanying driveability, have significant systems non-functional or disabled, feel like they belong in the 90s, etc.

Less cubes, more cams and turbos as it happens, do not maketh the modern car.

Ironic that coming from someone who owns a HR31, the ones i've driven feel extremely 80s moreso than 90s hahaha.

Just to refresh everyone this is in reference to the TWR modified Maloo, its like taking your brand new HSV to (insert big name tuning house here) and saying that you want a '400kw package', this ISN'T a factory HSV or Holden.

Gregors, thats why I mentioned in my post that I was referring to utes specifically - there's several hi-po ones around here, and they are all wheelspin city.

My best mate has a 240rwkw VX which i've driven numerous times, and its a lot more work to see other traffic, work the clutch and tractor like gearbox, for a commodore they do handle quite nice and smooth and banging it down into first at 50km/h and dropping the clutch always brings a big grin, but they are a pain in the arse to drive around town imo. I can't speak for the later models, but they feel even more boatlike than the old VN!

Me personally, i wish my car was more like a mates Cefiro - no sound deadening (weight reduction), straight through exhaust and suspension so hard you can barely make the car move when you jump on it! but thats just my preference for harsh cars I guess.

Given the different demographics which these cars tend to attract, it brings it more into mind why Holden and Ford have chosen the routes they have - thse cars are being marketed towards the middle age crisis types and grown up hoons with families, as well as the bogan element who's always going to shell out for the big banger car in their particular marque.

That said there are some older guys who drive imports, but I daresay they'd make up the minority.

these threads always seem to turn into a massive gathering of the retards anyway, its like debating which tuning house is better.

Ironic that coming from someone who owns a HR31, the ones i've driven feel extremely 80s moreso than 90s hahaha.

I don't see any irony there. I harbour no animosity to more modern cars because I drive a noisey old banger (from 1988, developed in 1985, which if anything owes a lot to the early 80s); but some people hate that their sainted skylines just can't and don't do things as easy as more modern, more developed machines.

Its just like the fact that our C34 Stagea "family wagon" would leave the "pinnacle-of-nissans-sports-sedans-of-its-time" HR31 for dead, thats progress baby, and then an NM35 Axis would crap on the old stag from a great height.

I was actually having a dig at your previous post stating that "...feel like they belong in the 90s, etc."

My R32 feels like a mid to late 90's car in terms of interior and design, sure its modified, only the dash fascia on the speedo and tacho remind me of the old man's Y60 Patrol.

I think the hatred for aussie cars is a reaction to the subset of small minded people that drive them, the same kind of people that would pelt a rotor with beer bottles for showing up at summernats, the same people that boo skaife and richards off the bathurst podium.

I quite like a lot of what both holden and ford are offering now, but I still hate those people.

Just to refresh everyone this is in reference to the TWR modified Maloo, its like taking your brand new HSV to (insert big name tuning house here) and saying that you want a '400kw package', this ISN'T a factory HSV or Holden.

Gregors, thats why I mentioned in my post that I was referring to utes specifically - there's several hi-po ones around here, and they are all wheelspin city.

My best mate has a 240rwkw VX which i've driven numerous times, and its a lot more work to see other traffic, work the clutch and tractor like gearbox, for a commodore they do handle quite nice and smooth and banging it down into first at 50km/h and dropping the clutch always brings a big grin, but they are a pain in the arse to drive around town imo. I can't speak for the later models, but they feel even more boatlike than the old VN!

Me personally, i wish my car was more like a mates Cefiro - no sound deadening (weight reduction), straight through exhaust and suspension so hard you can barely make the car move when you jump on it! but thats just my preference for harsh cars I guess.

Given the different demographics which these cars tend to attract, it brings it more into mind why Holden and Ford have chosen the routes they have - thse cars are being marketed towards the middle age crisis types and grown up hoons with families, as well as the bogan element who's always going to shell out for the big banger car in their particular marque.

That said there are some older guys who drive imports, but I daresay they'd make up the minority.

these threads always seem to turn into a massive gathering of the retards anyway, its like debating which tuning house is better.

I guess thats the difference between you and other people.

You would rather drive around in what I believe is a piece of shit with absolutely no creature comforts at all with no history of the car what so ever. Been there, done that. Maybe you will grow out of your ignorance one day and realise why people buy cars such as the Commodore.

Have fun being hektic!

I believe is a piece of shit

Well that's just it isn't it. We all have our own opinions. You drive what you want, i'll drive what i want. (well, to be precise, i'll save up for what i want to drive, then age to get my opens, then i shall drive it)

Edited by sneakey pete

I guess thats the difference between you and other people.

You would rather drive around in what I believe is a piece of shit with absolutely no creature comforts at all with no history of the car what so ever. Been there, done that. Maybe you will grow out of your ignorance one day and realise why people buy cars such as the Commodore.

Have fun being hektic!

What do you define as 'creature comforts'? My Skyline has power windows, mirrors, climate control, CD player and ABS as well as AWD, theres nothing that a VX SS has which mine dosen't apart from an electronically adjustable drivers seat (bearing in mind that my Skyline is a 12/89 vs a 9/01 Holden). Funny how the mate that owns it bought a HR31 GTS because he disliked the SS for the same reasons I did. Have you ever driven one? I'm purely drawing from my own experiences here rather than making baseless statements with the source being motoring magazines or other forum posts.

Also, I don't know if you've ever tried doing work to an LS1 motor, but we found they were an absolute PAIN in the arse to work on, especially with changing plugs and leads. Even my 5 litre is annoying compared to an RB motor.

Being a Commodore owner for several years I can also see the advantages in them, namely cheap and plentiful parts, more mechanics and tuners know how to deal with them, and the fact that unless very modified, any average Joe can hop in and drive one without too much hassle. They also tend to be easier to sell.

The seats and interior would also be on par. Granted that the SS has an electronic dash, but mine has a Microtech one which has all and more functions apart from electronic speedo.

Could you please explain where my ignorance lies? I pointed out that different cars are marketed towards different demographics (well grey imports aren't really 'marketed', they are more of an enthusiast thing to start out with.) in an attempt to convey to everyone else in this thread exactly what this TWR Maloo in particular and on broader terms the current HSV/FPV lineup are all about, not to mention they aren't being sold towards people who like harsh to drive, loud and tempermental cars.

If i were to be 'hektik', perhaps I'd be found in say a VL SL Turbo painted Absinthe yellow with a truck intercooler and stock wheels painted silver?

If you believe Skylines to be 'pieces of shit', and you do indeed drive a Porsche as indicated in your signature, perhaps you might like to GTFO and sign up to a Porsche specific forum which might more suit your interests. Unless of course you're purely here to troll.