SAU Community

New Motor Mag. 422kw Maloo. Wtf

R33GOD

The CV8 isnt even good enough to compare to the r34 gtr.

I got that wheels magazine with the R34 GTR V-Spec N1 vs HSV GTS Coupe.

HSV has more power, HSV has more torque.

The hsv is slower 0 -100 and slower across the quarter mile.

All they do is make the car heavier, put in a massive engine and thats it.

So what do you think Nissan have done with the latest GTR? What does it weigh again? I also seem to recall that they bumped displacement up over the 350Z even though they have two turbos hanging off it and a gearbox that allows for flat shifting. So ....

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this is SKYLINESaustralia, but isn't it meant to be a web site for car enthusiasts? Who appreciate a wide variety of cars and don't just think skylines are the be-all-and-end-all of cars?

The new holdens and fords are great bang for bucks, especially the V8 holdens/HSV's and the turbocharged Fords/FPV's. Just deal with and accept it. Skylines aren't the only great performance cars (some may argue they aren't even that great).

w00000t

we turned into holdensvfordsAustralia.......AGAIN!!!!!

bloody v6 in holdens is used as a base platform for many other GM cars - kudos to Holden Oz who designed and built the thing

Ford Oz is with current tech using OHV Cams instead of ealry 1900's single cam pushrod stuff like holden uses (blame the yanks) - kudos to Ford Oz

Nissan decided to build a 150k supercar, bumping displacement up of one of the worlds best engines, adding not one, but TWO turbs of the side, using a gearbox that allows launch control and flat shifting and wipes the smile of every porsche driver, and gives a bigger smile to every nissan aficionado

THE END

i win.....

I know this is SKYLINESaustralia, but isn't it meant to be a web site for car enthusiasts? Who appreciate a wide variety of cars and don't just think skylines are the be-all-and-end-all of cars?

NO! :laughing-smiley-014:

yes you may be right but... top end cars that you stated handle superb have a price tag of over 150k. a holden or ford with that much power at a lower price tag for the average joe.... your asking for trouble.

enough said.

lol, i would bet most skyline owners are "average joe's" and lots of them drive cars that go fast, but have cheap brake and suspension bits on them.

yes you may be right but... top end cars that you stated handle superb have a price tag of over 150k. a holden or ford with that much power at a lower price tag for the average joe.... your asking for trouble.

enough said.

You're also then assuming Average Joe wouldn't be as good a driver as the rich that can afford such cars as an SL55, which wouldn't be the case for all.

Car companies don't have a liability to keep people alive. I can see what you're saying though, as 422kw is enough for anyone in a Ute, but at the end of the day, people who would buy this already done, are most likely going to be the people who would of done it anyway using an aftermarket shop.

May as well have it done if you can from the factory and keep the warranty in tact etc :D

Havn't read this topic for a couple of days now because of the sh*t fight it caused mentioning someone in my family had a monaro, my god its not a nissan and im on a nissan forum.

I'm glad some people replied that actually like cars for what they are, cars. Not because of the badge on it or the fact that they have probably never driven the car being mentioned.

none of u lot are car enthusisits are u, ure all just banner wavers u jump up n down raving wats better holden nissan ra ra ra ra,, how hard is it to appreciate both cars for the awsome beats the are, n both cars have there good n bad sides..... n ppl who modify there holdens love there cars just as much as u skyline owners do, so why is it so hard to apprectate that fact... u should all be greatful we live in a day n age where were lucky enough to choose wat we want........ so every grow up

Very well said.

The biggest thing I got from flicking thru the stats list on that article (was way more interested in the new GTR & Lambo) was how SLOW both vehicles were in the 1/4

Got traction???? Didn't think so...........

The only relevant thing is USABLE power, anything above that is just a wank

Guest trikdoutvl

thank god some1 sees things the same as me

a nissan is a apple a holden is a bannana

theres no comparasant

do any of u anit holden ppl think that holden built there commodores thinking ahh those bloody skylines lets put a v6 auto with soft susspension thatll take care of then peskie skylines.... NO they diddnt they just make nice comfie car to cruse in with the family so stop comparing them we all know a skyline will be better then a holden performace wise but do u really needa say it out loud to make urself more confident in ur cars, we all know wats wat were not stupid so theres no need to say it......... compairing holden v nissan is DUMB. theres no comparisant wats better a bannana or a apple?????? see my point any1????

The biggest thing I got from flicking thru the stats list on that article (was way more interested in the new GTR & Lambo) was how SLOW both vehicles were in the 1/4

422kw an i think i read a 0-100 time of 5.8 seconds? nothing to write home about... it would sound awesome tho

As opposed to a WRX / EVO etc that are quick to 100km/h or whose quarter mile time is flattered with acceleration to 60km/h because of AWD traction, but are dogs with no pull after 120km/h through to 240km/h.

They are just different sorts of cars, thats all. The cars that you are saying are SLOW would be rockets from 100km/h to 250+ km/h. Personally i would rather a car with the grunt to push it through the air at high speed so is a ball of fun when i go to the track. Rather then a car with flattering times because of traction.

Anyway, just something to think about :)

Just had to make sure that you let everyone know that the ute article wasn't significant to you? Feel bigger that you read the GTR & Lambo articles with more interest? Hope so :thumbsup: ...

No power is usable on the street and where it is usable (the track) im sure the tyre selection would make this a hell of a lot more "usable". Obviously with that much power in any car with that much torque its going to have issues getting traction?? :P

Obviously Holden have done their research and decided that the more feasible option is to use a Chev motor and it is churning out the numbers so whats the problem? Why build something yourself when you have something thats proven?

Not only that, but the engine is from GM and what is Holden apart of again? GM.

Makes sense really. If they have the engines available, why not?

I'm guessing its 422kw at the engine? If so thats only just over 400rwhp yeah?

I think its great these new cars are coming out with more power, better suspension, brakes etc.

Gives me more incentive to modify my car and show em what an 11 year old Toyota can do :P

I'm guessing its 422kw at the engine? If so thats only just over 400rwhp yeah?

I think its great these new cars are coming out with more power, better suspension, brakes etc.

Gives me more incentive to modify my car and show em what an 11 year old Toyota can do :huh:

Thats exactly right :/ Think of it as healthy competition! :whistling:

But who gives a Fcuk if they use a Chev engine? Obviously you do?

Wow Nissan use a Nissan engine. That must make them automatically a better car?

Obviously Holden have done their research and decided that the more feasible option is to use a Chev motor and it is churning out the numbers so whats the problem? Why build something yourself when you have something thats proven?

ROFL Holden + Research... Right.. They just copied information and designs from other cars, HOLDENS new BMW inspired VE.. Really Holden's are shithouse they are poorly built and wow lets all put a BIGGER engine in when we want to make powe.. f**k the technology of the time we need bigger. Soon it will be OMFG ITS A 500HP COMMONWHORE WITH A f**kING 9 LITRE v8... I cannot remember the last time ive seen a STOCK holden pull any less then 14 on the 1/4. Lets sink 5k into it and get a 13 or 13.5 shall we? Stock GTRS for the same money (With Better Tech and Handling.. Oh f**k it its a better car) runs 12's sink 5k into it and get 12.3's. The only thing that holdens are is Cheap bogan powerhouses that for 70k u can have the TOP of the line model thats not really that great anyway. You are just paying for the HSV bullshit. When ever i see the "HSV I just want one" i say f**k OFF no i dont..

EDIT- and before you say What do you know you most likely have not even driven said cars, I have driven the GTS, Clubsport and the new Maloo.. Why? Because I WAS going to buy one until i found out how disappointing they were to drive. I went and drove a 310awkw 32gtr and it was a hands down win, thus i have purchased that instead. Oh and it didnt cost me no where near as much.

Edited by Skyrin3

and here I was telling a mate that holden and ford fans wear blinkers...seems I needed to add Nissan to that as well!

Facts are that all these cars are made for different purposes which is why I tell anyone thats asks for advise on buying a car to buy one for what they are going to use it for.

Going back to the original point of this thread....as long as this 'modified' ute meets ADR's and various state laws then there is no reason why it shouldn't be sold off of the showroom floor. Whether or not you agree with these laws is beside the point....if your car is modded outside of these then you have every right to be defected for it.

Of course what you have to ask the law makers is why cars such as the Type R integra were sold when they didn't meet these rules and yet they crack down on people who mod their cars SAFELY in exactly the same way...