SAU Community

Why Do People Remove The Rear Spoilers Of Gtr's?

menace

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spoilers and kits no longer make it a GTR because everyone in a GTST puts GTR bits on their rides. What makes it a GTR is the ATESSA and RB26 combo. Besides as i said i can do what i want with it its mine. If your unhappy go petition the rudd govt to ban removal of spoilers.

As an actual owner of an R32 GTR I can say that all that matters is performance to me.

If the wing works for downforce and thats what you want/need then keep it. If some other type of wing works better change it. If extra downforce isn't needed then you don't need the extra weight so take it off.

Practicallity is king.

taking a factory wing off a hyundai exel is not rice it's the opposite. They shouldn't have one and without it the car may actually go up a steep hill with the aircon on.

My present bunky R32 gtr has no wing, I can't be bothered putting one on till I acutally need it.

Edited by rev210

As an actual owner of an R32 GTR I can say that all that matters is performance to me.

If the wing works for downforce and thats what you want/need then keep it. If some other type of wing works better change it. If extra downforce isn't needed then you don't need the extra weight so take it off.

Practicallity is king.

taking a factory wing of an hyundai exel is not rice it's the opposite.

My present bunky R32 gtr has no wing, I can't be bothered putting one on till I acutally need it.

As the owner of an imaginary GT-R, err that is the imaginary owner of a GT-R. Um, something. GT-R.

Anyway as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted the amount of downforce the rear wing generates is negligible. Compared to the kerb weight of the lard arse things the amount the wing weighs is neglidible. So removing it or not removing it is simply down the to aesthetic preferences of the owner. Real or imagined.

Edited by djr81

^^ Guess you could say Nissan did whats called "Mapping", where they reasearch and figured out everything to go on the car. eg. The way they designed and put the spoiler on for a purpose = downforce, then they made the Nismo bodykit with the lipspoiler for the bonnet and boot to reduce drag and create more downforce and 2 vents on the front bar to feed more air to the intercooler.

They improved on the spoiler on the R33 GTR so you can manualy adjust the level you want and the R34 GTR its pre-set where it automaticaly moves down once you hit over 100km/h.

Taking the spoiler off is just for looks and does not really do anything unit you start flying down the freeways / turning corners at high speeds.

everyones entitled to their own opinion..

but mine is that a GTS is a car that can be modified cosmetically and structurally, being a sports car with no pedigree and used most commonly for drift.

a GTR is a race legend and should be left in stock form to retain pride of what the car has done in it's time. if i owned a GTR i wouldn't touch or modify anything except boost and tune.

my2c!@

Edited by dmr

Dude all the race GT-Rs where modified to win those races.

Group A GT-Rs in japan had about 650hp when they retired the formula after 1993.

So making them faster is closer to showing pride in their accomplishments. And if you owned a GT-R you'd still have the bug to modify it.

What we should be doing is stealing back our GT-R badges off all those losers that put them on non

GT-Rs. :P I might carry a screwdriver just for this.

WHO'S WITH ME?

Ok, we're speaking GT-R's here... I think all GTRs stock are already aggressive as, with the exception of probably some nice rims and an exhaust, they are tough-looking straight from the factory - no need to modify anything.

As the owner of an imaginary GT-R, err that is the imaginary owner of a GT-R. Um, something. GT-R.

Anyway as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted the amount of downforce the rear wing generates is negligible. Compared to the kerb weight of the lard arse things the amount the wing weighs is neglidible. So removing it or not removing it is simply down the to aesthetic preferences of the owner. Real or imagined.

The verdict is: "Practicality is king"

By virtue of agreement among both Imaginary and real GTR owners :huh:

lol its ok to take a wing off but its not cool to have the holes left behind when the wings taken off.... if ur gonna take it off get ur boot bogged n resprayed so theres no holes....

wing off wing on its still a skyline so its all good IMO

Agreed. Im not a spoiler fan, but still have mine on cauze i cant afford welding up the holes and respraying yet. I do like the little lip on the boots of gtrs' though.

As for the comment that says it was designed like that so leave it, why do people change the rims? Leave the gtr rims on cauze thats what they were designed with.

I can never drive a stock car, even if its a lambo or something, i will have to modify something on it.