SAU Community

Why Do People Remove The Rear Spoilers Of Gtr's?

menace

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol its ok to take a wing off but its not cool to have the holes left behind when the wings taken off.... if ur gonna take it off get ur boot bogged n resprayed so theres no holes....

that's why i brought rubber grommets for mine, so that if one day i decide to put the ugly standard spoiler back on i still can. or you can do dori spec duct/gaffa tape haha.

In answer to the original post....."BECAUSE I f**kING CAN" :)

But its true the spoiler does actually have a purpose. If u cant find a wind tunnel and u really wanna see jus stick 6" strands of wool all over ur car and drive behind it. Or alternatively get the book 21st century performance...some pics of this in action.

I have submitted the case for r32 GTR's international heritage listing to the appropriate governing bodies and am awaiting a reply(the case looks strong).

If passed all modified road cars must be returned to stock where feasible, any further/future modifications must be submitted in triplicate to the board and passed through a 3 panel approval process, With some of the more culturally significant examples they will be confiscated and housed in an enormous plastic bubble where you will be allowed to occasionally view your car for a nominal cost.

Enough silliness....if you own it you have the right to turn it into any abomination you please.....hell set it ablaze and dance naked around the furgler for all myself and anyone else should care. :)

Edited by madbung

GTR owners touting 'practicality is king', seems to me like camry owners saying 'the performance is outstanding' hehe.

No the camry owners saying 'the performance is outstanding' is like a Gtst owner saying ' it's more practical than a GTR..' ........practical performance like a camry that is. :D

when i purchased mine i was a big fan of the wingless 32gtr,hence me buying one wingless...but as ive had the car for longer and longer i wanted a wing.so im in the progress of getting one pinted up to chuck back on there...

post-19779-1200634599_thumb.jpg

my 33 GTR will be wingless soon because i feel like it :D

the boot lid with the gtr wing will be replaced with the spare boot lid I have with a ducktail on it so it wont have any holes or will look like its missing something.

try it witout the ducktail...you'll be surprised how tough it looks with that wierd step from the boot to the rear quarter.

will see...

im still yet to buy the ducktail at a reasonable price :D

when i purchased mine i was a big fan of the wingless 32gtr,hence me buying one wingless...but as ive had the car for longer and longer i wanted a wing.so im in the progress of getting one pinted up to chuck back on there...

post-19779-1200634599_thumb.jpg

That looks pretty frigging good! Mine looks like that, but I want like mudflaps, the sort that mold into the bumper, sorta like an add on like what you can do with the R33 GTR's. Kinda tops it off I guess.

What those rims you got?

Edited by (00)SKYLINE(00)