SAU Community

Why Do People Remove The Rear Spoilers Of Gtr's?

menace

lol so now REMOVING a wing off your car is rice? wtfbbq? I must've missed the "global convention for the definition of ricey modifications on skylines".

I must admit on an R33 taking the wing off and leaving the batman ears stickin out is a bit homosexual, but on an R32 and an R34, it can look good if the rest of the kit on the car makes up for it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, if some of you guys wanna pull the wing off and look like a 16 year old stooge then thats up to you, but when I'm trying to buy one of these things and half of them have no rear wing and another 1/4 have more fibre glass than a surf board shop, im started to get a bit shitted off!!

Coming from Holden's and Fords my Wife is bagging the crap out of me asking if i want the Too Fast Too Furious DVD collection for my Birthday so I dont need any more heat from the "cable tie" body kit brigade. I have explained to her, in no uncertain terms mind you, that a GTR is not rice, its a muscle car that cant be matched for twice the money.

The simple fact is, the GTR is an icon, its not to be farked with by some young punk with a 12mm spanner, leave the steering wheel too for that matter!!

:D

Matt.

then don't try to buy a shitbox 15 year old GTR that's been gangbanged by a group of 16-20 year olds on a McDonalds wage.

pay a little extra coin for a nice factory spec car which has been well maintained and respected for what it is and you'll get what you're asking for.

I do know what you mean but most of them have been "farked" and modified.

My one came with a fibreless bootlid with a large lip. I bought a stock wing to "restore it" but sold it when I saw what the bootlid actually looked like in real life when the car arrived. I dunno you guys make up your own minds.

To each their own I guess.

The simple fact is, the GTR is an icon, its not to be farked with by some young punk with a 12mm spanner, leave the steering wheel too for that matter!!

:D

Matt.

post-1646-1200381214_thumb.jpg

Its not just a simple case of cats over here removing the spoilers, alot of mods tasteful or not are actually performed over in Japan, then imported here.

Maybe you should rant to them. Or better yet, if your looking to buy a GTR and cant seem to find one with the factory spoiler. Then buy one for it. there not that expensive.

Simple

Guest trikdoutvl

yes removeing ur wing a ricer modification, how often do u see a commodore with holes in the boot neva......... an another thing if u own a ricer dont put a shopping list down the side of it i mean FFS its a road car not a raceing car, stickers dont make u go faster

end rant

I definately don't like the look of a GTR without its rear spoiler, looks incomplete....but I mean its their car and their taste so they can do whatever they want and don't have to answer to anybody.

But yes, add one to the "keep wing" poll :/

Cheers!

Gagz

fcuk people are running out of stupid threads to post.

if you want to paint your car chameleon then it's your choice. if you want to take the wing off it's your choice.

I'll second Funkeymonkey and buy the next round of "harden the fcuk up"

then don't try to buy a shitbox 15 year old GTR that's been gangbanged by a group of 16-20 year olds on a McDonalds wage.

pay a little extra coin for a nice factory spec car which has been well maintained and respected for what it is and you'll get what you're asking for.

I agree!

Well I'm stuck with having to buy a 15 year old R32 because of budget contraints (read: 'my wife has my goolies in her purse') but its more than that too as I personally think the R32 GTR looks more agressive than the 33 and I cannot afford a R34 GTR - period!

I have put of purchasing one in an attempt to gather more dosh to get a better example and I also have to move a couple of used car's I've been fixing up before I can seriously go looking. And look I shall. There are alot to choose from (some realy nice cars too!) but the biggest problem I've got is that I'm a fussy bastard.

Matt.

yes removeing ur wing a ricer modification, how often do u see a commodore with holes in the boot neva......... an another thing if u own a ricer dont put a shopping list down the side of it i mean FFS its a road car not a raceing car, stickers dont make u go faster

end rant

Screw the wing debate, I for the life of me can't understand why people come on a forum dedicated to the cars they are bagging out and hang around and post crap.

So removing stuff is a "ricer" modification is it?

What would you call all the SICK VL's with chopped springs and "COP" wheels - D!ckhead modification?

Or all the tools with the "altezza" morano style lights on every Crapadoore from the VK to the current "M5 beating - hahahahahahah, billion dollar baby?

As for a road car not a racing car, the amount of knobjockeys in a V8 Commonwhore who take off the exhaust just after the cats to get that "Supercar sound" is fu(king ridiculous.

Would you like me to go on?

Cause you can bet your a$$ that the list of bogan mods is far worse than what you call "ricer" mods!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

From what I understand from this, taking the spoiler off isn't 'rice' modifications. Having a spoiler on a street driven car is only going to give you shittier fuel economy. So it's a performance gain in a way. Or if you're going for top speed... no spoiler will help.

Why do it? I dont get it!!

Is there some sort of Japanesse fad to do this that we hooked onto and thought yep, i need to wreck my car like those guys?

STOP IT! If you have removed it put it back on, if your mate has removed his, gently take him aside and advise him to put it back on.

sorry for the rant.

I prefer the GTR R32 with a spoiler too, but when I bought mine it didn't come with one, previous owner took it off and my friends tell me it looks better with it off. To me it looks just as good on or off but the spoiler is quite heavy and its pretty much only good for turning corners at like 100+ km/h also I guess it give some downforce, but Im not fussed. But I don't like the GT Wings on a normal road car. Tha looks YUCK!

No its not. Its much bigger than the nismo boot lip. Its a fibrglass bootlid with a much larger lip built into it.

that's a factory option boot lip for GTR's... it was supposed to sit under the GTR wing, but a lot of guys take the wing off and run just the lip.

I definately don't like the look of a GTR without its rear spoiler, looks incomplete....but I mean its their car and their taste so they can do whatever they want and don't have to answer to anybody.

But yes, add one to the "keep wing" poll :blink:

+1

YES! imcomplete was the word i was trying to think after reading this thread. there are only a few cars imo which look ok without a spoiler, otherwise leave the stock one on there! looks fantastic and gives it the look of a race-bred sports car! i dont believe in any of this 'sleeper' look, i mean its a skyline... not a daily...

oh and for the weight reduction issue, for the street skylines that have their wing removed for 'weight reduction' i dont think its going to make much of a difference with an amp for the sick 6x9s to make up the difference...

In my opinion........

R32 looks good and 'complete' with the GTR spoiler - looks skinny without but doesnt look too bad, nor the best.

R33 looks good and definitely 'complete' with the GTR otherwise it leaves the guards hanging higher than the bootlid! - with a bootlid that lines with the quarter panel it still looks odd... too round and plain, looks odd.

R34 looks good with or without GTR spoiler though for the R34s I like it without... looks much sleeker and tougher.

and lastly.... GT wings = gay, bogan mods = gay and dickheads thinking anything that comes out of japan is 'rice' = gay

Edited by vietorious

I do know what you mean but most of them have been "farked" and modified.

My one came with a fibreless bootlid with a large lip. I bought a stock wing to "restore it" but sold it when I saw what the bootlid actually looked like in real life when the car arrived. I dunno you guys make up your own minds.

To each their own I guess.

Man, I got to say your car in the pic looks bad ass! I will not be converted to remove the rear wing but that looks angry, purposeful and would syke me out if i was sitting next to it at the lights...