SAU Community

Why Do People Remove The Rear Spoilers Of Gtr's?

menace

spoliers are an extension of the car that doesnt need to be there

my supra-no spolier

my gtr - no spolier or lip

my new 200sx now spoiler

they r so not needed imo

if i had a porche i would still take it off i just hate them

they remind me of those little off the boat asian dudes with civics with 5 inch exhaust and 2 foot high t wings

i hate it when people put spoilers from other cars on theres ie r34 spolier on a silvia or something

and most of all i hate those devil horn looking spoilers where the poofs get a massive spoiler and remove the middle bar from it so the back of the car has horns ewwwwwww

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

r33 gts-t's just look weird without a rear spoiler. it really shows off the 'whale' aspect of it.

now take the wing off a s13 and it will look sweet as. but on r33 gtst's it is not advisable hahaha.

Totally agree, im the same with badges as well.

Regardless, 33 gtr are nice and all but the spoiler is played out, one its ugly as sin imo, 2 it weighs a tone, 3 its on more gts's then on gtrs.

I think that a GTR looks better with its wing but without the wing ain't that bad!!! I have seen FAR worse modifications to a car than taking the wing off

r32_white_gtr.jpg

Aww nice so that's what mine would look like :)

I do like the R32's without wings but leave mine on for the sheer fact that I dont have to listen to this type of stuff in this thread! lol

I also really really like R33's with just that lip on the rear boot lid...Like Danni R33 had from JMS!

• 7 months later...

Sorry was looking for wing removal threads and came across this and cant see why theres a big fuss. Everyone is different. Personally when done right, wingless is just plain sexy. Most wings also.. especially the 34gtr wings imo, make it just as mean and sexy. Every part has to compliment every other smoothly. Otherwise you might as well put a big dildo on the roof to stand out. But hey I bet some chicks would be keen for a ride.

But seriously thats why i love skylines, cos however you have it, wing or no wing (any model) If i had the cash id have one of everything, they just look sic! Have a coke and a smile and enjoy ur own ride, Ya dig? Peace

Whatever blows ur hair back..

070408_11.jpg

Edited by 1R34SON

people who change GTR rims for heavier chrome rims I never understood. factory GTR rims are like 5 ot 6kg each. lightest rims you can get for the price.

Agree,

Not quite sure your right about the weight of them though! Saw a r32 gtr at Speed on the Tweed, charcoal grey, no spoiler, and 19 inch cheap-arse chrommies. The guy is an sau member [had the sticker]. Was not a good example of what a r32 should look like [in my personal opinion]. Pissed me off actually lol. Im sure a mint stock looking car would have got alot more attention. Also Met Jim Richards there... great guy!!!!!

Edited by Duncan1

to me, an r32 gtr with no rear spoiler is like a women with awesome hips, but no tits! :(

HAHA!!

Thanks buddy! Do you want to sell me your spoiler, I could do with a Stock R32 GTR spoiler.

I think the R34 GTR stock spoiler (On a R34 GTR) is a Must. Looks tuff!

R33 is a must or it can look weird and for the R32, either way looks good.

I like the wing on my GTT, that or a nice understated and low GT wing. However, do what ever you like, it's all personal choice and opinion. The only time where I might suggest someone put a wing back on or put a drag back on has been said many times before... R33.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Each to their own. Build your car to make yourself happy, not to make others happy.

I have, see!!!!! I think you will agree I am a master at fabrication!

nissan-wood-spoiler.jpg

Seriously though does anyone know where I can get a drag spoiler for a 32GTR from that will ship to the U.K? Dont fancy making my own!

Edited by Big Ash