SAU Community

Gtr R32 Weight

tacker

Ok a quick list of parts and their approx weight from what has been found within posts on SAU.

this list is only the weight removed not replaced with any other items yet as stuff like exhaust needs to be replace with a difference system to get nett gain

2 x Door window, electric motor and guide for glass, switch, door card = 24kg

HICAS removal, soliniods, pipes, etc = 25kg

Fuel tank = 12kg

Steel exhaust system =15kg

Rear seat =6kg

Passenger front seat =12kg

A/C system =10kg

heater core, ducts and fans =10kg

Standard prop shaft =15kg

sound proofing ( tar like crap ) =8kg

carpet and underlay ( best guess ) =7kg

sound system AC control =10kg

interior trim ( best guess ) =8kg

Feel free to correct any of these or add some more to the list

r32 gtst rear seats weigh 13kgs so not too sure how those big buckets on the gtr rear seats can be 6kg?

r32 gtst door with speaker, intrusion bar, handle, wiring and the rest stripped out = 25kgs

also the gtr hubs are said to weigh less then the gtst variants. anyone wish to confirm or have gtr hubs to weigh :)

1 gts4 rear hub with no arms, lca, handbrake clips,calipers and disk's which ended weighing 8kgs (most gts4 parts = gtr parts as theres no reason produce things twice)

Edited by Dan_J

yer i have the extreme clutch and alloy flywheel. Flywheel is 4.1 kg which is less than half the stocko item

Clutch is a single plate button clutch ( 1650KG clamp load ) so a little lighter but pressure plate would be about the same.

Ok removed the other half of the crude / tar stuff on floor and put it into a plastic bag and weighted it at work and it was 4.9 kg was of crap

Even whilst knowing about the dry ice idea I still instead spent a month of weekends scraping it out with a hammer n chisel :)

Only cut my hands about 5x when sanding it down.

• 8 years later...

HMMMM, OLD THREAD, but just weighed my 32 with vq35hr. rwd, 1190 dry with no interior at all. have to see how much all the stock interior coolant and carpet weigh. (still has the heavy stock sided intrusion doors aswell. if it comes in at 1300 dry il be happy.

• Like 2