SAU Community

Sump Plug.

robbieraver

Thanks heaps guys for the support ;) god knows i need it, coz my little saga gets worse.....

here goes.......

along with fixing my idle problem i had a leaky sump bolt, so they thort they would fix it for me. They thort they would helicoil a new thread in using a particular thread pitch and size 14 by 1.25, this size ONLY, im mean only comes in spark plugs, no compamy makes a bolt in this size it has to be custom made.

so i have to retap it AGAIN to a lagrer size :)

THE EXSUCE - the mechanic who works on my car asked one of coworkers to plug it with something thats fits, and then forgot about it. He says they took his words too literaly to plug it. He was there when the car went out but didnt check it.

all i have to say it PET/GTECH in cambellfeild suck dont go there, im sure there are lots of happy customers but im not one of them.

So they holicoiled the thread, while the sump was still mounted on the engine and refilled the oil.

What happened to the metal filings (if any)? Are they still floating in the sump?

That is just a farken joke.

I go to EAS Perfomance, info in my sig below, have been taking my Skyline there for the last 6-7yrs, without drama.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL, i knew the "excuse" would've been a good read.

Whilst you shouldnt let them get away with something like this as they are responsible, taking it back for them to work on it again to fix it would make me a lil nervous :)

I'd probably take it back demanding a new sump and (if the thread was indeed re-tapped) a drain of oil to ensure against loose metal filings. I'd also be standing there watching like a hawk whilst they did the work just in case

i hear you, but id rather just move on from this nightmare.

im no pussy but this work was just mindless, i dont ever want to go back there for what ever reason.

ok buddy so what was the verdict?why did these cockheads stick a ngk in ya sump hole.do they want to damage your gtr ,or even total it or maybe you?you got any enemies around there?you could have sued the dudes.

after reading this i feel it is a joke?........are you serious?.......i would ask for some reimbursement or potentially seek some legal action if your serious.it is an expensive exercise to treat a vehicle in this way.

ok buddy so what was the verdict?why did these cockheads stick a ngk in ya sump hole.do they want to damage your gtr ,or even total it or maybe you?you got any enemies around there?you could have sued the dudes.

after reading this i feel it is a joke?........are you serious?.......i would ask for some reimbursement or potentially seek some legal action if your serious.it is an expensive exercise to treat a vehicle in this way.

if they had to rethread the sump, they should have kept car till ordered plug part was available.............with legal issues these days they are asking to be taken on for a legal debackle.....and so they should be.

if they had to rethread the sump, they should have kept car till ordered plug part was available.............with legal issues these days they are asking to be taken on for a legal debackle.....and so they should be.

they should of just used the right thread to start with

its obviously been done for a reason. before you all jump on your bandwagons, there is another side to this story obviously as its harder to do what was done than just replace with the existing sump plug. as for fark ups...I'd like to see any one here who hasnt farked something up before.

Are you on crack? :ninja:

Can I just ask after reading this thread did everyone go outside and check their sump plugs?? I know i did...

Oh and does anyone mind if I send the photo in to rove for What The??

I do my own oil changing so I know there's no spark plug in there. :)

And is rove still even on air? :)

I do my own oil changing so I know there's no spark plug in there. :)

And is rove still even on air? :)

rove is on xmas break - im not sure he will know what that pic is about though :bunny:

ROFL funniest thread ever.. unless it was my sump :D

Troy, please stop, you're killing me lol

Same goes for Jack lol 5kw

How would you even know to put it there!!.. he must have been really bored at work.. hrrm sump.. spark plug.. sump.. spark plug..

square_peg.jpg

i agree, move on, i wouldn't go back they could stuff something up on purpose now and more money to spend, u dont know how ppl think so better take to another trusted mechanic. If some thing like that happen i be asking my money back and if they dont agree threaten u go to consumer affairs and do go, they could lose their licience for this

Was it a brand new NGK plug or used? That is the real question!

Like nearly everyone, i died when i saw that pic! I know some bodgy people, hell even im king of bodgys! But that is just down right wrong! :) This is another reason i do everything i can on my car! Id never bring my car 2 a workshop for an oil change!

Look on the bright side, least it was intact & oil still in your engine! :laugh:

Edited by MR-GTIR/S15