Sump Plug.

robbieraver

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its obviously been done for a reason. before you all jump on your bandwagons, there is another side to this story obviously as its harder to do what was done than just replace with the existing sump plug. as for fark ups...I'd like to see any one here who hasnt farked something up before.

That's just not good enough, if it was done for a reason why wasn't the owner made a aware of it???

If there was something wrong with the sump plug and they couldn't get it back on they shouldn't have given the car back until it was correctly repaired/replaced.

Yeah your right we all make mistakes but this my friend is not a mistake, it's pure stupidity and not professional.

That's just not good enough, if it was done for a reason why wasn't the owner made a aware of it???

If there was something wrong with the sump plug and they couldn't get it back on they shouldn't have given the car back until it was correctly repaired/replaced.

Yeah your right we all make mistakes but this my friend is not a mistake, it's pure stupidity and not professional.

the point was shit happens and it doesnt necessarily mean the people at that workshop are no good and as such we shouldnt be bagging them considering we have no idea what really happened. Its fruitless debating potentioal scenarios to a situtaion you nor I have not been involved with. That being said I have never seen anything like that before and if that hapened to me i would be quite pissed to say the least.

But at least we know what to do when we loose a sump plug LOL

the point was shit happens and it doesnt necessarily mean the people at that workshop are no good and as such we shouldnt be bagging them considering we have no idea what really happened. Its fruitless debating potentioal scenarios to a situtaion you nor I have not been involved with. That being said I have never seen anything like that before and if that hapened to me i would be quite pissed to say the least.

How are your NGK shares doing currently mate............... :laugh:

You said you went in there for idle issues, have these been fixed? Check your spark plugs, maybe there you will find your sump plug.

Hey if its idling fine now maybe the old 'swap the sump plug with the spark plug on cylinder 2' trick fixed it up.

:laugh:

yea shit happens, but you wouldnt want it to when your spending hard earned money

i reckon, they were putting it back together and doing a test of something, and couldnt find the actual sump plug, jsut for the time beig shoved that in.. then forgot about it

Sorry but theres just no excuse for that.Worse case scenario if he stripped the thread..at least let the customer know about it.or lost the sump plug..order a replacement...thats just seriously botched up...IF you make a mistake the first time then fix it and get it right the 2nd time,....no excuse for this

Bill for mechanical repair.

.5 hours labour to fix PFC Idle problem @ $90 p/h

5 litres Motul oil $100

7 new spark plugs $120

hang on a moment. 7 spark plugs??? where does the 7th one go? ahh I see.

My only fear is if in fact they did just forget to replace the spark plug with a sump plug then I hope they didn't forget to put oil in it too... I would be checking things over pretty thoroughly before doing anything else.

its obviously been done for a reason. before you all jump on your bandwagons, there is another side to this story obviously as its harder to do what was done than just replace with the existing sump plug. as for fark ups...I'd like to see any one here who hasnt farked something up before.

thats not a fark up, thats pure 100% dodgy and lazy. if they threaded the plug pulling it out ot something along those lines that is more definatly not the way to fix a fark up as far as im concerned. thats a horrable attempt at trying to cover up their stuff up.