SAU Community

Rb29 Wow!

RPMGTR

There are only 3 ways to achieve over 2.8 litres, so it's not hard to work through them. I eliminated the 86/84mm combo as it gives 29.3 not 29.5. If I had known it was that capacity then the combo is obvious, although I still don't like the rod stroke ratio.

A questions if I may;

Why did you go for 86mm? Since you have to use tall liners I would have thought 87mm would have been more user friendly, plus give some more (0.7L) capacity.

Cheers

Gary

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only 3 ways to achieve over 2.8 litres, so it's not hard to work through them. I eliminated the 86/84mm combo as it gives 29.3 not 29.5. If I had known it was that capacity then the combo is obvious, although I still don't like the rod stroke ratio.

A questions if I may;

Why did you go for 86mm? Since you have to use tall liners I would have thought 87mm would have been more user friendly, plus give some more (0.7L) capacity.

Cheers

Gary

I chose 86mm as it leaves a little more rigidity in the block, and allows me to go up .5 or 1mm later if need be.

Capacity is 2.93, but everyone rounds up don't they?? so 2.95 was closest.

cheers,

Ben

Well its Friday night and 7.02pm and still at work...trying to break into the safe so that i can have the R32 with the mostest ;)

Firstly, this is one of the better viral marketing campaigns I've seen, onya Benno!

Secondly, and this is close to my heart and for that matter my wallet, how does one get rid of the heat that this engine would generate on the track. My measly 350kw is sending my water temps into the oh shit zone after 3 laps on a 28 degreee day.... :banana:

How the hell did Gibson and the boys do it for 1,000 k's. :P

I chose 86mm as it leaves a little more rigidity in the block, and allows me to go up .5 or 1mm later if need be.

cheers,

Ben

shouldnt u just round down to 2.9? only time i've seen capacity mentioned to 2 decimal places is on the old 6.75 bentley motors...

anyway what turbos? are they custom pistons? what cams? spill motherfcuker!! :(:)

cheers,

Ben

U don't happen to have a 6.3 AMG do you?

LOL just kidding. Congrat for the great result.

My T517Z produced similar results on a stroked RB as well. I wish I didn't leave the dyno in the car in SA and can post it up for comparision.

Keen to know what turbo you used?

Edited by 9krpm

Very flash Ben, or rather impressivie as I know you are not a flashy guy. Awesome dyno graph also.

Starting to look like a 300zx dyno graph although mine was on race fuel so not same. lol Waiting..........

Extra bit of engine capacity and stoke gives a lot more down low.

zed456kw.gif

Below is my Z dyno graph on the rleft compared to two RB26 GTR's with the middle one with HKS GTRS turbo's and the one far right with lag for sale is T88.

COMPARER.gif

lol at 100rwkw with T88 at 5000rpm.

LOL was thinking the exact same thing! GTRS's make triple the power at 5k compared to T88. Thats' crazy.

Edited by MR 33

Very flash Ben, or rather impressivie as I know you are not a flashy guy. Awesome dyno graph also.

Starting to look like a 300zx dyno graph although mine was on race fuel so not same. lol Waiting..........

Extra bit of engine capacity and stoke gives a lot more down low.

zed456kw.gif

Below is my Z dyno graph on the rleft compared to two RB26 GTR's with the middle one with HKS GTRS turbo's and the one far right with lag for sale is T88.

COMPARER.gif

i would like to point out that its not exactly apples to apples...

the rb's are coming on a little later but reving a lot further.

useful rev range and average power in this band is what u want :D

Secondly, and this is close to my heart and for that matter my wallet, how does one get rid of the heat that this engine would generate on the track. My measly 350kw is sending my water temps into the oh shit zone after 3 laps on a 28 degreee day.... :D

How the hell did Gibson and the boys do it for 1,000 k's. :D

50 mm PWR radiator

Large Oil cooler, mounted in the side vents (NOT in front of the radiator)

Tube and fin intercooler (NOT bar and plate)

If you are consistenbtly using more than 8,000 rpm (on the track) then an N1 water pump is worthwhile

Make sure you bleed ALL of the the air out of the coolant system

Cheers

Gary

50 mm PWR radiator - I have a 40mm one with the shroud - sounds like I need a bigger one

Large Oil cooler, mounted in the side vents (NOT in front of the radiator) - Done - sort of - I have a side mounted HKS 16 row one - maybe need a bigger one.

Tube and fin intercooler (NOT bar and plate) - doh - have an AVO bar and plate

If you are consistenbtly using more than 8,000 rpm (on the track) then an N1 water pump is worthwhile - Got one

Make sure you bleed ALL of the the air out of the coolant system - New engine - I assume that is ok.