SAU Community

Rb29 Wow!

RPMGTR

Just put the figures in the dyno tool paul was quite interesting maybe gtrs aren't to bad comes on about the same as my setup but with heaps more in the midrange.... As Cubes said earlier its hard to compare dyno graph but there you go.....

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put the figures in the dyno tool paul was quite interesting maybe gtrs aren't to bad comes on about the same as my setup but with heaps more in the midrange.... As Cubes said earlier its hard to compare dyno graph but there you go.....

Screenshot??

quite easy to compare dyno graphs if the dyno's are operated correctly. Between Croydon's Dyno Dynamics and Autosalon's Mainline we usually only see a couple of KW's difference, but thats a topic for another thread.

Agreed Cubes but to make another 50kw that low down where its not making much boost regardless of how it was loaded is quite impressive..

Hey Guys,

I thought this post would stir some interest.

Now, the 450@wheels top end is okay, but check the torque curve and compare it to other rb's.

It makes like twice a normal rb between 2-4500!

This is the area most gtr owners complain about.

It is bizarre to drive, kinda like a quiet 6 litre n/a v12 that makes 600whp and revs to 9k....

I think we can get similiar improvements from the 2.6 as well.

cheers,

Ben

Surely lowly RB20 owners would not be able to afford welding and therefore resort to race taping the 2 blocks together.

That's just stupid man, everyone knows you need to use zip ties to put 2 RB20's together. Noob.

Yep - I don't know what you did to mine but in the quick drive I had last week it sure has changed down low. I honestly thought at first you had changed turbo's on me. So I don't know if you have started tinkering with your ideas on a 2.6 already?

Still - it's nothing compared to yours now I'm sure. It sure looks impressive.

Hey Guys,

I thought this post would stir some interest.

Now, the 450@wheels top end is okay, but check the torque curve and compare it to other rb's.

It makes like twice a normal rb between 2-4500!

This is the area most gtr owners complain about.

It is bizarre to drive, kinda like a quiet 6 litre n/a v12 that makes 600whp and revs to 9k....

cheers,

Ben

Its truely mental...and i thought our torque curve was fat and flat. Its the ultimate circuit/street engine set-up. The linear power delivery would ensure a well balanced car coming onto the power through the twisties. Again Ben...job well done mate.

Tomm0...run in tune with BP98 as stated.

OFENSV, was done in 3rd to stop turbo shuffle, actually made another 10KW the night before at CRD in 4th gear. Jim just knows how to ramp it properly in 4th to stop it, old mate at Autosalon is not as experienced as Jim...hence 3rd gear.

now back to chatting about this bloody torque monster.

EDIT: Ben, any chance of getting a torque printout in a better scale...say 5000-15000N (motive force) or a 100-1300NM (torque).

QUOTE(RPMGTR @ 18 Feb 2008, 01:22 PM) *

:D

Hrm... i dunno wether to be excited or extremely worried about that :banana:

EXACTLY.....i just got mine back and i thought it was finished....clearly not :)

happy to donate it for 'testing'

hahahahahaha

Man, insane results - well done :teehee: There was a guy in NZ running I think low 11s (at least) with his R32 with what was rumoured to be an RB25 (or 26?) running an RD28 crank and rods and some aftermarket pistons resulting in a 2.9l. Not sure how much there is to that rumour, I've hunted around trying to find information on the parts to see if it can be or has been done and documented but to no avail.