SAU Community

Rb29 Wow!

RPMGTR

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a stock looking and sounding GT-R with 400 + kw's at the treds....

must be a lie only people in nsw could pull this off.... or maybe its on autosalon's dyno ?

Did someone say that top gear should road test this standard gt-r ?

Assuming this is legit, this must be up there with Giants BNR32 results. "N1's" (Undoubtedly modified) with greater then stock response, 400rwkw and 10s quarters?

Makes ppl that fit singles, wanting less then 400kw's look like monkeys haahahah.

...Still in shock with a whiff of denial, I am.

Edited by GeeTR

There are enough subtle things going on in the engine bay to know this is genuine. Go to Vic race tracks to see some of the RPM built GTRs doing there thing and you will be amazed by how quiet the cars are. A result of the in house exhaust development. You see how quick they are and thats a result of the chassis, engine, braking, cooling development that RPM have done on the GTR.

I say hats off to a local workshop wearing the huge expense of development and showing an amazing level of ingenuity. Rather then just slapping a catalogue of Japanese brand names on it and hoping that it works, or assuming that Aus Engineering/Tuning is inferior to Japanese so not worth the bother.

Personally it sux to see the GTRs going so quick becuase i have to admit to myself that deep down i want one :)

I say hats off to a local workshop wearing the huge expense of development and showing an amazing level of ingenuity. Rather then just slapping a catalogue of Japanese brand names on it and hoping that it works, or assuming that Aus Engineering/Tuning is inferior to Japanese so not worth the bother.

:) 100% :D

I've personally only realised more recently, the insane levels of expense required by shops (So, not just experimenting on various customers "no budget" project car)

The cash equates into nothing more then knowledge to put into another customers car.

People often whinge when shops lock ECU's or don't divulge certain details of setup. "Its my car dammit" they say. Often certain tricks can make or break a setup; differentiate it from the pack. Big shops aren't around to fluff you, they run a business.

What ever they are doing, should be kept tight to their chest.

Respect

There was a bloke here in SA 'mark99' who built a rb29 with almost identical results a year or so ago.

He used an rb26 block, destroked rb30 crank, I forget which rods and custom pistons.

Looks like am rb26, smells like an rb26. :thumbsup:

The way the dyno operator loads the car up also makes a huge difference to the look of the curve.

I've came to the conclusion that its near impossible to compare a curve in a true sense.

Mine for example during tuning was seeing 225rwkw at 4000rpm with 1bar; a usual shootout mode power run where you'd nail the throttle at 2000rpm and by 4000rpm we would only see 190rwkw.

But none the less this gtr does have it. :thumbsup:

Check out this engine for area under the curve.

Goes like no other RB we have ever seen!

Sounds like a dream??? photoshop??

I can assure you it is for real!

Hopefully there is more to come so stay tuned...

MORE PIC'S Dammit!!!!!!!!!

Top results!

Well done Ben...top stuff. Very similar to our 20psi BP98 run at Autosalon Newcastle. You have better down low (i suspect my GT-RS turbo's might be a little laggier than what you have fitted), mines a bit harder midrange but with the same top-end. Good comparo as yours is not finally tuned, ours was ran-in the day before and still with a very safe tune. If someone would like to re-plot our graph over Bens so its easier to look at feel free.

GO THE LOW-MOUNTS!!

post-23582-1203298122_thumb.jpg

Its a 2.9ltr Joel (same as thread title, RB29) :D

That it is buddy. :P

Mark99 used a destroked rb30 crank with rods and custom pistons in an rb26 block to obtain 2.9ltrs. Very similar result.

Curious if this is how they are also doing it.

150rwkw off the bat at 2600rpm is impressive. Its pretty much the same as my stock rb20det turbo'd rb30det was making without loading the car up prior to starting the power run. With the GT30 with 1bar it doesn't make 150rwkw until 3000rpm if you don't load it up prior. hence my comment of how a car is loaded up makes a huge difference to the look of area under the curve. IMO. :whistling: