SAU Community

[group Buy] Acpt Carbon Fibre Tailshafts Any Model! $1400us

Angus Smart

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... Just on 400 KW at the treads Via a 77.7 mm crank... now you got me worried!!!!!

lol, yeah, I'm unsure on the correct calculation method, anyone wish to clarify? but thinking about it basically (all my brain allows lol) is that the shaft will see more torque than the engine output.... :)

Mick

Great news,

I dont have a computer monitor at home at the moment so havnt been able to keep in touch with it all.

but i get to work this morning and no emails at all. but glad its all sorted now. i still find it strange that they say he didnt have the addresses when Michael was the last to add and one of the first to receive..

Anyway Andrew(Merli) I am still waiting to hear back about yours. but i figure it is going to be yours. want to arrange a time and a place?

Cheers

Andrew

If you don't think that we'll feel any difference from the 9kg carbon shaft, then why do you want to buy a 9kg chromoly one? :)

I too am in two minds about the 2000ft/lb shaft... Reading back through the thread, we were told it would be "about 3 lbs" heavier... Even then, I should have gone with the lighter one, since I'm not making that much power... <sigh>

the reason I'll be switching because it's about the same money as replacing the centre bearing. far better to have a one peice shaft which is lighter than stock and never have to mess with the centre bearing again. and sure some small weight saving is good (even if not immediately noticed by the driver). but I don't think it 12kg-9kg would be felt. but checking other sources people say the 32 GTR shaft weighs 14kg, so 5kg saving could be a different story. :ermm:

don't get me wrong, the carbon shaft is still the awesome. and I do half wish I'd bought one! and they really were a steal at the prices you guys paid. especially for the light 1000 ones. that would have been the pick for me, cheapest and lightest. :( though Mick has good point about torque multiplication which you'd have to consider for the guys with serious power.

whilst some torque is sent to the front, on that initial moment that the clutch is dropped at potentially 8000rpm, wouldnt the main shaft take 100% of the torque for that instant, and moreso if your running on some sticky DR's? and it is only that tiny fraction of a second of high load that would do the damage id think?

Certainly for the majority the lighter shaft will reap the most benefit, but either way the bigger shaft will no doubt be a good piece of mind to the guys running or planning to run big power and launches.

Andrew, we'll setup a time & place when you've confirmed that it's my shaft...

So has anyone else, other than GTR13 with his R34 actually fitted these yet? I will not be happy if after this whole debacle, the shafts don't fit properly, and I'm going to have to f&$k around with getting a custom spacer machined up.

This 'not fitting right' deal might have something to do with not having the correct serial number, assigned to you, so untill, and if everyone can spare a minute looking up their shaft serial numbers and comparing them to the paperwork, we might never know what we have against what we should have. My setup is: R32 gtr with a 6sp Holinger and my numbers dont match. I have not attempted to install the shaft yet but would not be surprised if it wont fit.

:/

Well a LOT of luck for me. Looks like I came back just in time, and chased up the 'old' address.

There were 3 delivery attempts by fedex but since that address has been vacant for some time now no one was there to get it. So i call up fedex and they tell me how lucky i am, as they were going to send it back to sender TODAY. so one day more and it would of been more mess!

Finally i have the thing sitting in front of me, serial numbers on shaft and invoice matching too.

i have 0708048

ill go measure up

so ive got an 840mm carbon section and a 1120mm total, can anyone confirm the correct length for the 2000model 33 shaft?

DSC05754.jpg

DSC05758.jpg

Edited by SLY33

Well mines supposed to be for a GTR33 95model and going on SLY's measurements mine is 835mm for the carbon and 1120mm total length..

Supposed to be 2000ft/lb shaft.

At least our total lengths are the same..