SAU Community

[group Buy] Acpt Carbon Fibre Tailshafts Any Model! $1400us

Angus Smart

yeah i was dissapointed at the balance weight on the shaft also. In terms of the spacer we made up if it came with the correct parts, I wouldnt have a problem...

I really am over it, I don't want to be spending money going to a shop getting it balanced when it should come from the factory ready to go. Time and money... Don't want to be spending the next 3 months fitting and re-fitting the thing trying to get it right. Shouldnt have to.

I'll contact ACPT today, I expect nothing less than money back. I will happily ship this junk back to the states as long as they are paying.

Mick

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Andrew, not your fault mate.

ACPT have offered to ship the shaft back to the US at their cost, check the balancing etc, if it is out, refund me.

Truth is, I do want the shaft. I might try somewhere local and just lump the costs...

Mick

Inline with GB rules about having a start & end date - this is now closed.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Th...Gro-t81129.html

SAU is clamping down on these GB's that never occur, never end, and so on.

PM me if you have a problem. However, before you PM me think about this.

A group buy, is a group of people buying the product together to lower the price.

Buying single units here and there is not what constitutes a GROUP BUY

Thanks

I think my shaft is one of those unbalanced shafts! :blush:

I have a vibration in every gear.... above 70km/h you can really feel it

I will be pulling it back out and fitting the stock shaft. Not impressed!

Where u at might be able 2 do yours with mine?

Yeah in the same boat & yeah not F%$#*&^% happy.(Not with U Angus)

For a reputible company they have issues in the balancing dept.(or they thought stitch those Ausies up)

Tested mine & have the same problem vib starts at 90klm/h & by 120klm/h decided enough was enough this needs a rebalance FFS.

Have emailed James to let him know of my problem,but with them so far away wtf can he really do.Maybe cost me $60 for a balance but in the end be satisfied & no vibration.Be more than $60 to send it back to the GREAT USA to get balanced when i can do it here for F^$# all.

And again not having a shot a u Angus ,in no way is this your fault.

Edited by YLD-CHLD

Where u at might be able 2 do yours with mine?

Yeah in the same boat & yeah not F%$#*&^% happy.(Not with U Angus)

For a reputible company they have issues in the balancing dept.(or they thought stitch those Ausies up)

Tested mine & have the same problem vib starts at 90klm/h & by 120klm/h decided enough was enough this needs a rebalance FFS.

Have emailed James to let him know of my problem,but with them so far away wtf can he really do.Maybe cost me $60 for a balance but in the end be satisfied & no vibration.Be more than $60 to send it back to the GREAT USA to get balanced when i can do it here for F^$# all.

And again not having a shot a u Angus ,in no way is this your fault.

Mate im at Bankstown. Thats not a bad idea. I really want to have this shaft but it need to be fixed up. Ill be keen to meet up and send them both in to get balanced... where ever that is.

Seeing that ACPT make the shafts for mines.... I wonder if they have any issues like this? Or was it just that they thought we are a pack of Aussies over the other side of the world and wont give a stuff?

On the upside i did notice a bit of response gained :banana:

Clearly ACPT farked up our order then rushed a heap through to get us to shut up. They're not expecting any of us will be willing to send it back to have it balanced after taking so long to get them, so they get what they want; our money and never hearing from us again. It's not like they expect repeat customers so who cares what a few Aussies think.

Dam shame this group buy went sour.

On the bright side considering SAU is one of the largest skyline forums in the world I seriously doubt that ACPT will ever sell another tail shaft to a Skyline owner in Australia again. Thats a whole market they have just succeeded in losing themselves.

If an aussie company pulled that crap and didnt fix it they'd find a tail shaft thrown through the front windows of their show room or the windscreen of their demo car. Companies that pull this kind of crap deserve to go broke.

sorry to hear this happen to you guys. I was planning on putting my name down for this but seeing this happen makes me think thank fcuk i didnt. if it helps maybe everyone who has been placed with a dodgy tailshaft should get together and mail the company on their complaints. power in numbers people even if only a small group. bad publicity isnt any good to any business. word easily gets out over the net.

http://www.acpt.com/index.html