SAU Community

[group Buy] Acpt Carbon Fibre Tailshafts Any Model! $1400us

Angus Smart

Nice work Keith, Glad this has turned out ok for you!

You should notice more response... not really power, if you get bored try the stock vs carbon again :blink: with a dyno plot..

i'll give mine a go like this i guess when i can find a dyno willing to strap me in.

so most of us will need adaptor plates similar eh? that seems about it! shouldnt be a problem but i'll have to go custom also since i have the r34 box in my car

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where u at might be able 2 do yours with mine?

Yeah in the same boat & yeah not F%$#*&^% happy.(Not with U Angus)

For a reputible company they have issues in the balancing dept.(or they thought stitch those Ausies up)

Tested mine & have the same problem vib starts at 90klm/h & by 120klm/h decided enough was enough this needs a rebalance FFS.

Have emailed James to let him know of my problem,but with them so far away wtf can he really do.Maybe cost me $60 for a balance but in the end be satisfied & no vibration.Be more than $60 to send it back to the GREAT USA to get balanced when i can do it here for F^$# all.

And again not having a shot a u Angus ,in no way is this your fault.

Exact symptoms mine had.

I'm interested if you have had re-balanced yet? If thats the cost, I probably should make some effort to find someone up here (QLD) to do it.

Its making for a nice ornament in teh garage at the moment. lol :blink:

Shaft is out. Stock shaft is in. Vibration gone. ACPT is getting their shaft back.

For the guys that have sent their back... how did you go about this? Who did you speak to? How much was postage?

They have a fedex account and will let you ship it back to them using that. if they find a problem they will give money back.

Well the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be the sun and not a locomotive. The Shaft spun up well and the dimensions are within spec but....

At the front, a ring had to be machined up to sit between the adaptor and the locator on the front of the shaft. The adaptor supplied didn't locate on the front of the shaft very well as it would have only been bolted on through the 4 nuts and bolts.

AdaptorFront.jpg

More nonsense on the rear. The adaptor supplied (right hand side) was machined up to locate on the centre of the tin plate on the end of the tail shaft. The adaptor that was machined locally (left hand side) locates using the outside of the shaft.

AdaptorRear.jpg

Now comes the good part. :blink:

cool results. Will scope the front end, as we machined up the shaft on the rear to locate home.

thanks

Hey Keith, you may aswell post em up anyway :pirate:

it appears we're all going to need to do this!

if i get my work done early today i'll see how my 32 shaft mounts up with the 34 box.. hopefully there wont be a problem..

As for Paul...

Propellar shaft services i think is in edgar street... googleing now

http://www.propellershaftservices.com.au/

I just sent them an email. i guess if we can organize to get a few shafts together for balancing that would be good :P

Edited by Angus Smart

This is one of the very few threads I read from start to finish. Take some solace in the fact that something you created is making so many people happy.

Happy they didn't go in on the group buy

Happy they spent an hour finding out that even reputable companies can't always be trusted

Happy to see jokes dawning through the times of hardship. (The "SHAFT!", "damn right" posts had me in stitches)

I urge anyone who reads this post to send an email to ACPT and mention that you read all this, and that they should too. Strength in numbers people. Let them know what the true cost of screwing over a few Aussies has done for their company's name. At the very least, it'll get some dodgy employees out of their system.

Andrew, your intentions were good from the outset, and everyone understands. But sometimes if a deal seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Moral of this story, NEVER TRUST THE YANKS! :P

Andrew. Edgar Street. Nice. I could almost walk there with my shaft!!!

The re-balancing of the shafts might be a good idea. I havent done anything about mine as of yet but to be perfectly honest i DO want the shaft and if we can get away with having it balanced then im all for that.

Thoughts guys?

Hey Paul i think its a great idea, i thought it be close for us :D and my friend has used them a few times before..

i'm still yet to know if mine is going to cause a problem. i'll proably take it over there just incase, and to think i was going to have my car running by the time i got this shaft haha.

Andrew.

I had a look yesterday while going down the street and couldnt find them exactly.... Perhaps we could choose a day and time and those that are interested rock up with their shafts? Might get it a bit cheaper that way... A Group buy of rebalancing driveshafts. How ironic! haha

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh. Ill see how it all comes back. He said if the shaft isnt straight, its rat shit. In which case ill have a report in the box with the shaft sent back to ACPT. If it is straight and all it needs is to be re-balanced i think ill be sending off an email with all evidence to show that it was unbalanced.

Either way its something that as a consumer we shouldnt be doing.

I'll report back with results when I get it back :)

OK guys this is the story.

My shaft was straight, he just had to balance it up for me. He charged me $210 bucks but alot of that was becasue he had to modify his fittings to accept the shaft. So maybe it might be a good idea to go to these guys as yours wont be as exxy as mine. I have asked him to give me a report so I can email these swines in the US and try to re coup the money for the balance. Worth a try I guess.