SAU Community

[group Buy] Acpt Carbon Fibre Tailshafts Any Model! $1400us

Angus Smart

Wow, what a read.

Fingers crossed all this gets sorted. Bad luck for the thread starter, he will probably never attempt such a thing again. However, organising a group buy is a whole lot of effort on one persons shoulders for no gain personally, so chin up hopefully this shamozzle wont put you off them forever :thumbsup:

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New shaft is on its way currently, will let you all know of the outcome. Better be balanced properly...

sweet good news! glad you got your problems sorted, i think alot of us are still yet to try them? i should do it soon but i am going to take it to a balancing shop before i attempt to use the shaft considering the problems that have happened.

as for the last post.. your right! i feel bad for dragging everyone into this mess!! i thought a carbon shaft would be a good addition to my pile of parts.. wasnt i wrong!

Yes but does it fit...is it balanced..

I'm too paranoid to take mine out of the box...tailshaft balance shops are as rare as hens teeth over here. Anyone i ask here just give me a stupid look and ask ,why did you buy an unbalanced shaft??

Andrew ..not your problem mate...reckon its pretty dodgy customer relations from ACPT, the been great on the emails but bloody slow as for delivery. At least its not as slow as an engine build, my engine still hasnt come back from maching but any day now..

Andrew. Are you going to get your balanced here in Australia? (If it is out... Hopefully it isnt). What happens if you get it balanced here and somehow it breaks in half. Will ACPT come to the party seeing that you modified their product? We shouldnt have to get these things balanced.

Food for thought :)

My god, what a read! I feel so sorry for you guys and especially you Andrew, your a good bloke for keeping your head up, most people would have just given up. Hopefully this all gets sorted out, but damn, what a bunch of f***ing c***s is the US for pulling this shit. Fully agree that they are lucky they are not in Aus......

Edited by PM-R33

Andrew. Are you going to get your balanced here in Australia? (If it is out... Hopefully it isnt). What happens if you get it balanced here and somehow it breaks in half. Will ACPT come to the party seeing that you modified their product? We shouldnt have to get these things balanced.

Food for thought :)

perhaps just get it checked to see if it is out of balance or not..

Yeah I'm the same Andrew, just got my block done now head has been sent off for maching so gunna be at least 6 weeks and probably early may sometime befor it all goes into the car. Finding a tailshaft balancer is like a needle in a hay stack here.

Well the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be the sun and not a locomotive. The Shaft spun up well and the dimensions are within spec but....

At the front, a ring had to be machined up to sit between the adaptor and the locator on the front of the shaft. The adaptor supplied didn't locate on the front of the shaft very well as it would have only been bolted on through the 4 nuts and bolts.

AdaptorFront.jpg

More nonsense on the rear. The adaptor supplied (right hand side) was machined up to locate on the centre of the tin plate on the end of the tail shaft. The adaptor that was machined locally (left hand side) locates using the outside of the shaft.

AdaptorRear.jpg

Now comes the good part. :wave:

^ Mark. The good part??? it's finished and the car drives. Cost, a lot less than it's going to cost you in Japan lol. Let me know if you need something machined mate

Well this is it guys... JOB DONE !!!11ty!!!

Run 60 = 430.5 pre shaft, original tune from the middle of last year

Run 63 = 428 Shaft installed...running fat

Run 67 = 433.9 Shaft installed...basic tune, probably more in it but this isn't for sheep stations.

It's hard to say if it feels different as I haven't driven the R for quite a while. But the comparison says it does. Was it worth it? lol. Personally I believe if you continue to pursue the small gains, especially the more cost effective ones :banana: , they add up to decent gains. Well that's the plan anyway

Discuss

post-a211429-keets-dyno1.jpg