[group Buy] Acpt Carbon Fibre Tailshafts Any Model! $1400us

Angus Smart

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought i'd report back again :). Got the shaft in last night. I think being a one piece it must transmit more NHV through the driveline. Its not unbalanced as such (well there isnt any one speed where it shakes the car like it used to). Of the guys that have fitted their's, have you found the same thing?

On a side note car gets tuned on tuesday. Woohoo!

Good news Paul. I haven't really noticed any increase in NVH to be honest, but I don't drive it every week. I have a small vibration from the OSG 5 speed that needs attention... 3rd gear light to medium acceleration only.

Vibration after putting in the OSG 5 speed. I have that EXACT issue. ONLY in 3rd though. I have gotten rid of most of it by putting in rear sub frame locking collars. 90% dissapeared. How many kms have you put on it? Ive done 1200 and although its not getting any worse... it aint getting any better. I have rung up and spoken to quite a few people about this but they all say it isnt the gearbox! If you do manage to fix the issue please let me know what you did!

I'm interested in this as well as got OSG 5 speed on order..

Vibration after putting in the OSG 5 speed. I have that EXACT issue. ONLY in 3rd though. I have gotten rid of most of it by putting in rear sub frame locking collars. 90% dissapeared. How many kms have you put on it? Ive done 1200 and although its not getting any worse... it aint getting any better. I have rung up and spoken to quite a few people about this but they all say it isnt the gearbox! If you do manage to fix the issue please let me know what you did!

Paul, Mark

No billet plate, I wouldn't have 2,500Km on the box yet. A mate told me it might have been a bearing run out issue...not sure. I'm home in the first week of July so I'll have the shop pull it down and go through it again. Definitive answer...here's hoping.

On second thoughts I might just get the centre bearing replaced on the standard shaft(s) and see if that changes it. If not...then it's the box

^^

Well I have the same 3rd gear vibration with both the stock shaft and and the carbon one. When i built my box i replaced all bearings with new NSK sealed units. Either way it will be interesting to see what comes out of you pulling yours apart. The bloke that built my box also used that yellow paint on the gears to make sure they were all meshing correctly... Everything seemed 100%.

mmmm. I couldn't tell as my centre bearing was on the way out anyway. The cat who built mine has built a number for my tuner. I'm not aware of anyone else from that shop with a prob...I might put a thread in the drivetrain section tomorrow + the UK forum.

EDIT: Done

5 speed vibration: SAU Drivetrain sub forum

Didn't any of you guys read the acpt motto before your purchase? EXPERIENCE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! so true so true.......what an experience!

I bought a pst shaft when darren was doing a group buy. I spoke to pst personally, and their service is excellent. All the extra time and money that you guys have spent has really made this such a sour experience. If anyone would like carbon shaft, shoot dazmo a pm and he would be glad to help you out.

Another report back

Car has been tuned and i took it for a long drive yesterday. This shaft is going back to where it came from. There is a vibration/grumble at 70, goes away at 82ish then comes back at 100 then anything up from there it just gets worse and worse (not anywhere as bad as before. Anything over 120 you really cant see anyting out of the rear vision mirror). Also what i noticed was when you feed the power on it makes more of a noise then if you are just cruising. Im so over this thing!

Going to WSID on wednesday so maybe a 7500 RPM launch might sort it out haha.

In 2 minds how to go about this.

Seeing that I got it rebalanced externally from them, the might not accept it. However when/if these guys do accept it back they will probebrly put it on some sort of machine to see if it is out. Now the guy that I got it balaced up through did say it is perfectly straight and is reading "0" on the machine. Bah humbug!