SAU Community

300zx .... Good? Bad ?

RBPOWA-(TJ)

well wouldnt get a 2 dr for a girl because she might want her lady friend to come along with her lolz dunno lol rkn its good idea and yes my friend idiot and rich so he got his parent to come out with check book to pay for petrol lolz :domokun:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own both a tt z and a r32 gtr both these cars have good points and bad points and i love both to death. If you want to look at problems i had my z for 3 months before a coolant hose split even then it didnt overheat as i limpt it home but i only had the gtr for a week before it was back in the workshop for "general maintence" fuel wise they both are about the same and i would say the gtr has a more powerful feel simply cos its manual. But everything comes down to personal perception

So many people spouting a lot of dribble without any understanding of what they are talking about, kind of gives a very poor representation of SAU :D. 300s are great cars and if you look over to the US (where they didn't get skylines) they have pushed them quite far and shown them to be excellent cars. The link posted earlier about the VG30 engine is a great read and definitely worth looking over, I knew it was a good engine but I hadn't seen that much depth on the making of it before :). I'm interested to note that the variable timing got dropped from 96 onwards, why was that?

Anyways, I knew several women who want 300s, must be something about the look I guess? none of them had any idea about the workings of a car :P. I tended to recommend other Nissan's to them based upon my understanding of where the 300 lies in terms of design (at the top of the field, not the bottom) and as such does not suit well to owners with small pockets _or_ little interest in maintenance. My GF drives a silvia which she swears is a better car than my "gtr" :(.

My GF drives a silvia which she swears is a better car than my "gtr" :D.

poor dood, you cant argue with gf i know how you feel, they always seem to win all the time i know ur pain my friend i got it too lol my gf does the same

personally, i love tt zeds. if i had spare funds, i'd buy one right now, and keep the skyline of course

turbo nissans are sekks. that is all.

Come on guys, we are all Nissan drivers. We all love our turbo imports and otherwise. Lets just all sit by the campfire, sing songs, eat marshmellows and get along. :D

Come on guys, we are all Nissan drivers. We all love our turbo imports and otherwise. Lets just all sit by the campfire, sing songs, eat marshmellows and get along. :D

HSV 4 LIFE

i have had skylines (3 of em 1 gtr and 2 gtst's), and 300zx's and other cars, the 300zx is my favorite, and currently own one atm, i can actually find parts cheaper for the 300zx then skyline parts, and because they are big in the USA that means alot of very good cheap parts are available from the states! yes, they are a little crampes in the engine bay, looks more daunting then it actually is, but the engines imo are stronger then rb engines, and the cooling system is very sufficiant, never overheats as long as you maintain it, let it run into thr ground and you will have problems, same as any other car, but hey i would highly recommend her getting one! cant drive with your top off in the skyline either!

So many people spouting a lot of dribble without any understanding of what they are talking about, kind of gives a very poor representation of SAU :D. 300s are great cars and if you look over to the US (where they didn't get skylines) they have pushed them quite far and shown them to be excellent cars. The link posted earlier about the VG30 engine is a great read and definitely worth looking over, I knew it was a good engine but I hadn't seen that much depth on the making of it before :). I'm interested to note that the variable timing got dropped from 96 onwards, why was that?

Nissan's engineers went over the top on these engines... Adding in things that they could have done without. The VVT was dropped in 96 due to emmissions, that's the only reason. Nissan reckons that they still kept the same power and torque, but most people aren't convinced.

I quite like my Z and was looking quite seriously at getting a R34 GT-T not long ago to replace it, just couldn't get a reasonable amount of money for mine... So I've decided to keep it and wack in a TT V8 :thumbsup:

There is much more choice when buying a Skyline, you can afford to be picky and get a decent one relatively quickly for a good price. For the Z's it's very hard to find one that is in good condition within 1000k's from home within 3 months.

Another thing the girls always prefer the look of the Z over the R33 :)

hey my gf is considering buying a 89 300zx TT auto .... just wondering any one had much to do with them ? ... cheap to run ? look after ? parts .. insurence blah blah ...

and is 85000 - 100000k's the norm for the ODO of the 300zx ? any info or insight and opinions will be much appreciated dont want her getting cought up in somthing that will send her broke oh .... and its her 1st car aswell

They have a nice body shape but are a money pit.

The engine is so cramped, not many mechanics will work on them. The parts shouldn't be too hard to find as there are many in Australia.

But it is an old car so itll prolly be falling apart.

Go for something else if she does not know a thing about them... they are not your daily car, more like an enthusiast's car.

A 300ZX is an old car but an R32 is a newer car??

I believe that the 300ZX and the R32 are both good cars to drive.

I liked my 300ZX because it was a fast car, yet a nice car to cruise in.

I like the leather seats, the targa-top in summer etc. etc.

On the other hand, I like my R32 because it's a fast car too but the ZX was auto and a 2-seater which made me swap over..

I also wanted to try something different.

Jumped from a RWD to an AWD vehicle.

Jumped from a V6 to a straight 6.