SAU Community

What Makes A Skyline Ugly?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rims over 18", especially when they have those 'elastic band' tyres. Leave that to the 'pimped up' SUV's.

Local rims such as Incubus. Fcuking disgusting, even on Commodores they look SO bad. I'd pay to NOT use them. :)

Rims with kerb rash.

De-spoilered 33's; leave the 'smoothed' look to Mexicans.

post-45625-1253440871_thumb.jpg

just thought i would ask for an opinion im sure ill get flamed for something lol. I have had a few people comment on the wing which as far as i know is a Dspeed item. i really wanna get the Top secret kit for it as its the only one that sticks in my head. so is this ugly?

stickers/graphics

GTR badges on non GTR's

Gay china wheels

non jap parts

huge body kits

veilside.co.jp

thread closed

yeah basically relaying what most people are saying.

don't try to turn into something it's not.. specially with the badges and all the stickers.

i seen this china shop sell chrome wheel hub cap spinners.. at like 80 bucks a set too. total rip!

I think "proportional" is the word. Everyone's got their own taste. However, don't over do it.

Personally, I honestly feel Skylines need their rear wings - they look weir without them.

A few badges and stickers here and there aren't too bad - but full blown graphics - I'm against that!

I guess each to their own.

I absolutely hate the look for R33's. Honestly, its like Nissan couldn't choose if they wanted to make it a sports cars or a family car. Dont take it personal you R33 owners...

I also hate the front bumper bar on R32 gts-t's. They are too caved in...

stock height with shitty body kit so the distance between the tire and wheel arch (guard) is at leased 5 to 6 inches lol, those old black spoke with electric red rim wheels, shopping list of audio brands on the back window. all that with the maccas toy hanging off the back.

i said the rear bar because, most of the times i c a r33 skyline, it looks so nice with low front bumper, side skirts but when you look at it from the side the Rear bumper doesnt blend. it looks too high. Nissan should have given rear Pods standard on all 33's.

Try lookin at a skyline wt a factory Bodykit from an angle. maybe u will see what i mean.

My mates r33 with rear pods looks very nice and evn blends with the factory kit.

Edited by SL33K

Oh ok i see where you are coming from. Yeah i hate when people have a front bumper the size of a snow plow 1mm from the ground and than the rest of the car factory height with big gaps in the arches.