SAU Community

What Makes A Skyline Ugly?

Well I thought this would be pretty appropriate for this section :D

I really just dont like blingy skylines... I bought mine to drive not look at (though I have to admit ive added a few mild aesthetic modifications) :pirate:

Edited by MintR33

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I thought this would be pretty appropriate for this section :D

I really just dont like blingy skylines... I bought mine to drive not look at (though I have to admit ive added a few mild aesthetic modifications) :D

i agree man. my car is built for a purpose and not looks!

:pirate:

hmm make a skyline ugly.

- 95% of the time Chromies look terrible. Change that to ANY NON-Jap Rims

- Bodykits that increase the overall height of the car (from bottom of panels to roof) without increasing the width. (infact. most aftermarket kits for skylines dont really grab me)

- T wing spoilers, unless we are talking about a fairly serious time attack Skyline.

- Vinyl Graphics / Airbrushing

- Too low. i.e dumped on its guts. (starts to lose the performance look imo)

- My basic conclusion. Every car has its strengths and weaknesses. And Skylines are not made to be "pretty". There body shape to me (and im sure lots of people will agree) is best suited for a tough "race" look.

Luke.

Kits are good as long as you change rims to 18s or 19s

Chrome rims are good as long as they are jap

wings can look good if they are a GTR wing

And if we all have stock looking skyline its just like owning a commodore

VERY HOT LINES

ugly lines are ppl that own stock colour lines and put 20inch chrome on them with big stupid gauges when its a stock engine and i hate ppl that go cheap with ozzy spec wheels lol

Hrmm, what makes a skyline ugly...

Big ricey chrome wheels, wheels that don't fill out the guards enough, big bollocks off body kits that aren't needed and probably a huge ass wing as well. Even on a race car, it looks ugly (but the car wasn't build to look good, so those with big wings on their race cars shouldn't be offended :pirate: ).

you know there is such a thing as being built for purpose (decent track handling) and still looking a bit show, just depends how you do it....

+1

This is the way im building my line,custom paint,19s,full kit,gtr wing,cf bonnet,audio,retrim in black laether but at the same time full forged built motor, handling,cooling the lot witch is what i think makes a perfect car

Oooo I think this is a bit of a touchy subject..

I've got 4 doors because I have kids (2 boys and a baby girl)... it's a bitch having a coupe when you've got kids.. not like I can send them back where they came from.

I have a giant carbon fibre shopping trolley wing.. was on the car when I bought it.. but I don't mind it.

Everyone is different.. and I like to be different.. I don't want my R34 to be the same as every other R34.. Besides.. it's easy to find in the car park..