SAU Community

The V Series Spotted Thread

Off topic- Does it anyone else get slightly annoyed that other people in R32/33/34's don't acknowledge you as a Skyline driver? I usually wave to anyone in a Skyline but don't seem to receive it.

I have seen so many V's and R's around in the last week or so in Adelaide, whilst driving my 4 door V and I never get a wave back :angry:

Feeling a little invisable. Someone please spot me!!!!!!!! (I even had a very nice Black 2 door V35 drive past me yesterday whilst I was turning into On The Run at Plympton and they still didn't acknowledge my :action-smiley-069: )

I have seen so many V's and R's around in the last week or so in Adelaide, whilst driving my 4 door V and I never get a wave back :angry:

Feeling a little invisable. Someone please spot me!!!!!!!! (I even had a very nice Black 2 door V35 drive past me yesterday whilst I was turning into On The Run at Plympton and they still didn't acknowledge my :action-smiley-069: )

Andrew has a nice black v35 coupe. Maybe it was him. Bad Andrew Bad! :spank:

Spotted a Black v35 coupe on Parramatta rd heading towards the city i was heading out of the city, a girl on her green P's was driving it :)

I thought our car was restricted for P platers here in Sydney. Ive seen a few p platers in G's.....i dunno why i waited to be on my full to get mine.

I thought our car was restricted for P platers here in Sydney. Ive seen a few p platers in G's.....i dunno why i waited to be on my full to get mine.

They're restricted, those people just run the risk of getting caught. I want one so bad!

Spotted a Black v35 coupe on Parramatta rd heading towards the city i was heading out of the city, a girl on her green P's was driving it :)

I've seen her zoom around strathfield area many times too! blitzes down some roads haha

Also, spotted white/ pearl coupe on yesterday noonish going down bourke street heading to Cleveland! Pearl 350s look really solid!

Correct. Nissan Skyline V35 350GT is on the "restricted list" in NSW. However, in QLD there are no records at all of them being restricted. But they are actually illegal for every P plater due to the power to weight ratio. I have had my V for 5 months on my Green P's been pulled over once for a RBT other than that i drive sensibly and have no troubles.

I don't think they are illegal in Qld actually.. I checked it out a little while back.. the rules are weird.. Qld has the normal 'No V8' and 'No turbo' rules, but for others, the limit is 210kW. And since the 350GT produces 206KW, it isn't restricted.

However, if you own a restricted vehicle and want to apply for an exception to allow you to drive it on your 'P', then one of the requirements for the exception is a maximum of 125KW/tonne, which the 350GT doesn't pass..

So if they ever do decide to ban it.. you have no chance of getting an exception..

I don't think they are illegal in Qld actually.. I checked it out a little while back.. the rules are weird.. Qld has the normal 'No V8' and 'No turbo' rules, but for others, the limit is 210kW. And since the 350GT produces 206KW, it isn't restricted.

However, if you own a restricted vehicle and want to apply for an exception to allow you to drive it on your 'P', then one of the requirements for the exception is a maximum of 125KW/tonne, which the 350GT doesn't pass..

So if they ever do decide to ban it.. you have no chance of getting an exception..

Yes that's what i wrote, there are no records at all of the car being illegal in QLD. I have a mate that has the same car as me and thrashes it has lost his lisense for 12 months and has countless speeding fines and everything but has never been told the car is illegal for him. So basically i'm keeping it on the low-down and keeping out of trouble and trying not to draw attention to myself incase i do meet an educated police officer who knows that the car is illegal for me.

I drive past Plympton alot. Hope that wasn't me....what kind of rims and headlights??

I haven't seen any black Coupes like mine down my end of town.

I drive past Plympton alot. Hope that wasn't me....what kind of rims and headlights??

I haven't seen any black Coupes like mine down my end of town.

there are a few black coupes frequenting plymton/marion. none of the 35 drivers ever wave back or even look

no response to a flash of the lights either...

Edited by Deep Dish V35