SAU Community

Nytsky's Engine Build

Ooow I have a Synchronic 50mm Wastegate also, Let me know if you find somewhere local to get the brass fittings from I can't find anyone here in brisbane who has them.

What brass fittings are you talking about?

lol the ring that goes between the wastegate and manifold is copper... but the little brass air fittings I cannot find, as to use it with a AVCR etc. you need to link A and B ports together and seal the top hole to act as the top of the WG and then use C or D for the lower depending onf the boost level required

But with the Aud $ the way ti is getting a little brass fitting from Synapse will cost around $40 after conversion and shipping costs for somethign so small.

Ill be using C and D for my base boost level.

Have you tried taking it to Pirtek to see if they have anything that will fit?

from memory mine will only be using port D with some preload adjustment. afaik you just leave the ones you aren't using unblocked?

f**king hell mate! sorry to hear the engine didn't last :D I feel for you mate. hopefully it's back again soon. :P

Cheers Richard, The goal is to be back on the road this year :)

from memory mine will only be using port D with some preload adjustment. afaik you just leave the ones you aren't using unblocked?

Hmm, I was told by them to link A&B together to use As the top feed back to the acuator and then c or d as the bottom feed back to the acuator

What sort of base boost level were u getting? I am hoping to run 14psi, 20psi and 28psi with my new build

Hmm, I was told by them to link A&B together to use As the top feed back to the acuator and then c or d as the bottom feed back to the acuator

What sort of base boost level were u getting? I am hoping to run 14psi, 20psi and 28psi with my new build

Its not in yet, looking at 20-22 psi, using the 50mm valve seat, the 60lb spring. From what i got reading the manual that comes with it i should only need to use port D and some preload to achieve this (i wont be running an ebc i only want the one boost setting)

In my RB25 /T04z twin scroll w/ 100mm run offs to 50mm synchronic I run it like so:

Stiffest preload spring

A&B joined to my EVC6

C- boost

This gives me 13psi low boost and it is dead stable till 27psi, youll find that you have to run the offset right down, so you could in essence just use B for your boost controler or A depending on how much "gain" you want to run on the solonoid/stepper.

Fantastic WG, I use teflon lines with quick couplings so switching it around as I want is cake... but where it is now is perfect, 2nd gear is easy to hold straight at 13psi and as im into 3rd the evc gives me 19psi and 4th and 5th are 25 to 27psi.

Hmm I can't wait to hit high boost of 28psi :P

I hope you get yours back on the road by the end of the year Dave. After reading about your belt I didnt wait to change the tension on mine got straight too it, I'm using the same belt

In my RB25 /T04z twin scroll w/ 100mm run offs to 50mm synchronic I run it like so:

Stiffest preload spring

A&B joined to my EVC6

C- boost

This gives me 13psi low boost and it is dead stable till 27psi, youll find that you have to run the offset right down, so you could in essence just use B for your boost controler or A depending on how much "gain" you want to run on the solonoid/stepper.

Fantastic WG, I use teflon lines with quick couplings so switching it around as I want is cake... but where it is now is perfect, 2nd gear is easy to hold straight at 13psi and as im into 3rd the evc gives me 19psi and 4th and 5th are 25 to 27psi.

That sounds like an awesome setup. Stepping the boost up through the gears would give you great traction.

That sounds like an awesome setup. Stepping the boost up through the gears would give you great traction.

Yeah its set up to boost higher as speed increases, the boost controler was one of the best traction devices I ever purchased :-) , got the combo in an S14 so the power to weight is pretty high for a street car... The T04z on the other hand is pure love! in 2nd shes all in at 4200rpm and 3rd shes at 28psi by 4000rpm giving it a very strong 4000rpm long powerband. Far more pleasant/easier drive than when it was fitted with the GT35 .82,,, now just to pull off an AWD conversion.