SAU Community

10th August Great Ocean Road Cruise

qikshift

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmm pretty much this is just a re-group after the MAS, catch up a guess if you like.. with a nice drive down to apollo bay :D

and a chance for the newbies to meet other members (lol i havn't been on one yet.. so i'mm in this boat :D eheh

mark

I should be there guys!!!

Its my birthday on the 10th too... so hopefully its a nice sunny day.. which will make the cruise up GOR so much nicer!

Remember my b'day cake guys.. :D LOL

TTFN

Kylie

Ok guys, I'm a pretty dumb ass when it comes to reading maps. The map on the first post doens't mean sh!t to me haha and I don't know the Laverton area really well. Is anyone here going down from the SE suburbs, so I can follow them to the meeting point?!?!

Coco69 you going to the cruise?! Anyone from the Glen area?!

ok its not too hard.. map makes it look worse that it really is, rofl.

basically you have to get to the princess fwy which heads towards geelong, not to far out of melbourne here is an exit that says "point cook rd" exit to the left when you come to the sign and you will see the shell/subway on ur left from the fwy.. u can't miss it.. with nice big car park.. thats where will be meeting :rolleyes:

there's mel ways references in the first post also.. take make ur life easier.. treat it as alearning exercise hehe.

mark

You guys have been given a melway ref for crying out loud!!!

What more do ya's need?

If poeple are going to whinge like they did with the ANTRX.com one then FFS. People can't provide anymore than a melway ref.

If you can't read a melway, then get a Navi to do it for ya!

going solo sucks anyway.

What do you reckon the chance are of the cops reading this thread and staging a stakeout?

That thought isn't gonna deter me but I wouldn't put it past the piggers to try to ruin our day and score some $$$ in the process.

Call me a pessimist if you want.

That said, of course. I"M SO GONNA BE THERE!!!!

nah, last time they didn't hassle us. and we have regular R31 meets that everyone can read, so i doubt it.

Even if they do, we are only going on a cruise FFS, why hassle us.

Plus... like i've said before, SAU and R31sky have never had police trouble, we've had their presence ie, they've see us all and come in for a look etc etc.

And that's all. A look, chat see what we are upto and they are on thier way.

You only get hassled if you go upto them and act like an idiot.

I really dun think i can make this mmet... but if i was there i'd talk to the police, just tell them what your are upto etc.

SAU, cruise down to Apollo bay etc etc.

Just a car enthusiansts day out and you wont find any problems.

Guest RedLineGTR

I live near Chadstone shopping center so if anything who ever wants to follow the leader be my guest. Closer to the date PM me and we can arrange a meet point that everyone knows where it is ( i have one in mind ). CHeers Rob

Guest RedLineGTR

coco if your coming along...be my guest you can hop in my car if you want...(anyone else for that matter, as long as ya dont smell :D) it gets boring driving by yourself.

Guest RedLineGTR

probably somewhere around toorak..i dont have a e tag so i usally stay away from the toll ways but yah somewhere around there. CHeers Rob

haha Yeah I know, I can't ask more than a mel way reference haha

Hey RedLineGTR,

Chadstone is not too far from my area too. Will be good to cruise down together to the meet. PM with the location, maybe somewhere on Pricess Hwy. I don't have etag either so can follow you through the back road hehe.

Cheers

Aaron

Hows aboout the Shell servo on Toorak Rd (near Chapel) in Sth Yarra? No tolls if you get off at Toorak Rd (or come down Dandenong). That way we can fill up on petrol and snackietimes for the trip :D

Plus is close to my house. Leewah could make the trip in about 12 seconds :)

posted by skylineakt

Ok guys, I'm a pretty dumb ass when it comes to reading maps. The map on the first post doens't mean sh!t to me haha and I don't know the Laverton area really well. Is anyone here going down from the SE suburbs, so I can follow them to the meeting point?!?!  

Coco69 you going to the cruise?! Anyone from the Glen area?!

posted by Teeznu

im from the SE skylineakt  

but i was hoping to follow someone too.. cos ill get lost that side of town...LOL  

TTFN  

KYles

yer if u dudes wnana meet up beforehand, im near gw too, i dont mind :D im near gw too, as redline said, its boring drivin by yaself, atleast its a lil more interesting in a group

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• A lot of bmw need big end bearings as often as other cars need timing belts, the v10 and v8 from the m5 and m3 around the e90 era were bad for it 
    • Near 12mths since the last update apologies.  Car is back running and driving.  Have had a few runs at the drag strip also with a bit of success.  Managed to run tje cars PB with a 10.88 @139mph with a 2.0 60ft.  I have a stock 8hp converter and it's definitely too tight for my setup. But it drives on the street phenomenal. So happy to have converted from the sequential. Has made the car enjoyable to drive vs a what felt like a chore with the sequential.  Looking a at few different options for converters waiting for some feedback from SDE if he can do one for me.  Still a few minor things to work out regarding finalising torque reduction, I have it working but needs to refining.     
    • I honestly wouldn’t bother with this. They don’t hold up under any serious strain. Get the Blackline (Chinese fake Quaife) if anything, as it’s reported to perform pretty well. 
    • For future reference, I believe all that Amayama does is act as a middleman between you and Nissan. Go to your local dealership, ask nicely for a parts account (I get 15% off with mine) and you'll get better pricing. Cheers, 
    • Hi guys, I have a 2005 V35 skyline with the vq35de.  It is a drift car and has been stripped, its now running a standalone ECU and a body harness. Dash everything has been changed to a digital dash controlled by ecu.  The vq35de has been great, very reliable but wanting more HP atm the 35de is making 228rwhp. I'd like to be making about 350rwhp. From my research it looks like a vq25det lightly modified could be a good engine to swap in. I understand the CD trans will bolt up right to the vq25det with a 35de sump used.  My only issue is a wiring harness/ecu to control the vq25det, from what i've found the ecu is a lot different to the vq35de so my plugin for the 35de will not work. Is there any potential to use the vq35de wiring harness and modify as necessary to retain the plugin ecu?  Keen to hear what you guys think, or am I best off to chuck on a cheap turbo kit on the 35de and see how long it lasts.