SAU Community

Welcome To Rb30 Forum!

Duncan

This is the place to discuss all aspects of rb30 twin cam converisons.

A huge amount of information already exists in the rb30 conversion thread, but if you can't find the answer, this is the place to post your question!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea Duncan. Maybe you should post in the intro what people should put in their questions so we can give some answers. Like with Nev above. Sorry to single you out mate but some tosser could start by saying "maybe look in a GMH parts catalogue...." or other worthless crap.

You really need to give us an idea of what you are planning to do with the engine, HP goal, car it goes into, budget etc. From about there we could just about price it up completely and tell if the machine shop is ripping you off.

i have a question regarding compression ratio's :( , im scared to ask though

but i will anyway :P . does anyone know what piston height would be required (from the pin) to achieve a cr of 9:1? using an n/a block with r33 det head? :P

actually what would be really good is an up to date step by step guide on the conversion locked would be nice too

i have a question regarding compression ratio's :( , im scared to ask though

but i will anyway :P . does anyone know what piston height would be required (from the pin) to achieve a cr of 9:1? using an n/a block with r33 det head? :P

What piston crown dimension?

What head gasket thickness?

What combustion chamber volume?

What deck machining?

What length rod?

Cheers

Gary

awesome, cant wait for more info for this setup. been wanting to do it for ages but still dont know everything exactly.

whats the differences between the 25 & 26 head, sorry if its off-topic...