SAU Community

Air Rifle

Mick

Hey i want an Air Rifle, does anyone know what license i need if any and where do i need to go to apply for one.

Also does anyone here have one and what brand is it and how much did it cost you ?

I just want one to shoot at targets in the garage..

hey you can't assume he's going to shoot ppl in the butt with it, caus thats like assuming everyone that buys a skyline is going to be a hoon :blink:

Ive been on a few rifle ranges too :huh:

we had an armoury at the Boys School when I was in HS.. not really sure if it was really supposed to be there..

Hey thanks Kaz180 for defending me .. akeenan i specificaly stated the reson i wanted one, keep your own asumptions to your self ..

Hey thankyou to everyone for the information ..

Does anyone know if i can get one for the reson i want one for or do i have to join a club to keep one .. i would like to anyways but it would be a bummer if i had too by law ..

Edited by Mick

I have an air rifle... I shot myself in the foot to see how much it hurt... Now I'm fairly certain I won't ever shoot anyone else with it... unless it's really REALLY funny... but f**k me that hurt! I still have a scar...

I have an air rifle... I shot myself in the foot to see how much it hurt... Now I'm fairly certain I won't ever shoot anyone else with it... unless it's really REALLY funny... but f**k me that hurt! I still have a scar...

hmmm, why the hell did u go and do that?

Cause I wanted to shoot my friends with it... I thought I would do what seemed like a smart idea at the time and find out how much i was hurting them... can't laugh at a joke at someone elses expense if you couldn't laugh at the same joke done on you...

Plus I was drunk...

i used to have a diana one.... except it wasnt really powerfull. i think i hit someone with it. about 30-50m away, left a small bruise and thats all. it was good for one thing only. but my cousin's cheap knockoff was more accurate and powerfull.

ahh yeah..... i swear i havent laughed hard enough when i read that you need a firearm licence in australia to own an air rifle..... :wub:

hehehe The fact that you stated that you are after it just to shoot in your garage will never secure you a shooters license , as it is illegal too discharge any firearm in a designated built up area (assuming you are)....

The only way you are able to get a shooters license these days is to prove that you hunt (or intent to hunt) by written consent by a farm owner . Otherwise prove that you are (or intend) to shoot on a range i.e. by being a member an approved shooting range or being a member of SSAA (sporting shooters association of Australia) .

Once you have the reason part of the requirements , you need to then sit the standard license test for either an A or A+B license .

The license test is very easy (basic gun safety really) its the same test for a 12-year old to get a shooters permit as it is to get a full license at 18 years .

(assuming its still the same).

I used to own a Gamo 440 hunter in .177 (when i was young) It was very accurate with or with out a scope mounted . i used it for anything from targets to shooting small game ... was very potent on rabbits , feral cats and even foxes up-to around 40 meters or so depending on the ammo used ...

You can pay anything from $40 to a couple of thousand on an air rifle , I think i payed around $350 for the one i had ...

In reality with buying a new air rifle , there not the old piece of shi# that you could shoot your mate in the ass with at point blank range and at worse leave a bruise ...

With the majority reaching velocities of around 1000 fps and more ... only around 200 fps off a .22 rim fire ... there something that you hope not to be shot with ...

hehehe ...