SAU Community

Installing Apexi Power Fc D-jetro- Drilling Holes Into Intake Manifold?

hey guys

im about to install my Apexi Power Fc D-jetro into my r33 gtr

so i need to know where to drill the holes for the vacum in my inlet manifold and how big to drill (what size drill bit)

where to run the harness and map sensors?

and what ever else i would need to know

i did try searching but didnt have any luck

thankyou kindly

I've never installed one of these myself - but why can't you just use one of the existing vacuum lines? there is one at the rear of the inlet manifold (after the throttles), one at the rear of the plenum (before the throttles) and the line to the BOV or FPR.

YOu drill into runner three and four into the section betweem the head and the throttles. I used 1/8 bsp fittings which require a 8.8mm drill bit, and a tap. To do it properly is a full days job, removing the plenum & throttles etc. Just make sure you get some gaskets, and dont clean the throttles.

dont know but when you find the answer please let me know, ill add to the pfc faq

I noticed by fitting it the right way I had much better tune. Lot smoother, better response, better economy, and lot less time in tuning.

By teeing it off the fpr and factory boost gauge line took so much time in tuning and still doesnt go as good as the other.

I noticed by fitting it the right way I had much better tune. Lot smoother, better response, better economy, and lot less time in tuning.

By teeing it off the fpr and factory boost gauge line took so much time in tuning and still doesnt go as good as the other.

Have to agree....the added air volume of the vac rail must dampen the signal or something. Its worth the effort to tap the runners.

Duncan musta been tired :3some:

Running a motor off a MAP sender straight up, is a feat in its own.

Your using a pressure sensing device in the manifold to assist the ECU, in guessing what mass of air is being ingested. Comparing that to a one of these "AFM" contraptions, that spits out a voltage, fairly relative to the direct mass thats going through it?... The ECU's job with a MAP sender as main load deriver is much harder.

Single throttle blades make it so much easier. Theres a 10L+ plenum that blends and muddy's up inlet pulses, making life so much easier for a MAP ECU (baring in mind, in this instance AFM's are better for ridiculous cams)

.. On the other hand, you have a 6 throttle blade RB26 setup, where you need to take a air sample from between the throttle body and inlet valve (wot? 3 inches max) on EACH cylinder... then combine that into ONE accumulated pressure zone to stick the MAP sender in...

Getting to the point :) The two MAP senders with the D-Jetro, i would have thought, need to be spaced geometrically equal along the length of the .. (collection tube, i think Nissan call it) in an attempt to gain a true manifold pressure reading, as per Adrian's post.

Important maybe, is that i myself have never personally owned and tuned a MAP referenced car. These thoughts are purely from my peers experiences and my deductions; debunk away.

There is a diagram in the D-Jetro manual that shows where and how to do them. but as stated above, it's runners 3 and 4 post throttle. I have the manual somewhere, but god knows where. maybe someone else with one can scan that for your page Paul?

Have to agree....the added air volume of the vac rail must dampen the signal or something. Its worth the effort to tap the runners.

haha yeah, i went the lazy route first then after a few drives and pulls was not happy with the way it traced throught the map.... re did it the correct way and the result was 1000% better.

Take it from ben and myself that if you are going to the effort of a D-JETRO then do it right, the system STR8E180 has posted pics of works poorly.

haha yeah, i went the lazy route first then after a few drives and pulls was not happy with the way it traced throught the map.... re did it the correct way and the result was 1000% better.

Tae it from ben and myself that if you are going to the effort of a D-JETRO then do it right, the system STR8E180 has posted pics of works poorly.

Gold.

:P