SAU Community

New Plug-in Ecu Coming

The highclone was made in Cairns wasn't it, that was an ummm.....good....invention....that.....worked.....very.....well....in......

Bahahaha sorry i couldn't keep that up :P

hahahahaha my thoughts exactly. Although it was a good marketing scheme to rip people off.

Usually most things from north qld are just all boganised.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi , definitely more interested now that we know that it can run off a hotwire AFM . BTW can they run the same range of Nissan MAF's like the PFC can ie Z32 and Q45 .

I am interested to know if they can use the later type pump cell oxygen probes .

Lastly can they be set up as a stand alone and run a generic loom . I need a programmable MAF based unit to run a mid 80's Subaru Turbo 4 (RX-L series) , it uses an optical distributor/CAS unit so much like some Nissans of the era .

Cheers A .

very intrested in how it compares ot the new v500 from wolf. as i know my mechanic has one running a soarers auto gearbox and many other nice bit and pieces.

at 1900 for the wolf they are in similiar price ranges and both aussie made products. very intrested which ones come out looking the best

Hi , definitely more interested now that we know that it can run off a hotwire AFM . BTW can they run the same range of Nissan MAF's like the PFC can ie Z32 and Q45 .

I am interested to know if they can use the later type pump cell oxygen probes .

Lastly can they be set up as a stand alone and run a generic loom . I need a programmable MAF based unit to run a mid 80's Subaru Turbo 4 (RX-L series) , it uses an optical distributor/CAS unit so much like some Nissans of the era .

Cheers A .

AFM's can be selected from a table (i asked this question especially for you)

a generic unit with a plug and wire in loom is available

This country is full of clever people...heck some smart people even live in QLD :thumbsup:

Ray Hall knows his stuff, I was wondering what happened when all the Autronic support collapsed in a heap. Poor old Richard Aubert will actually have to talk to people for a change.

From my 4 years using an Autronic plug in for my old STi, the 20+years of knowledge Ray displayed in support of that product was impressive to say the least.

This should be an impressive bit of kit, particularly because it's plug in.

^^ Yes...been able to easily switch off anti-lag for the street would be a good idea....although running anti-lag ON the street could be quite fun....def scare a few people hahah

Sounds like a good ecu, but 1 thing I really like about my pfc that this unit doesnt have (at the moment??) is a hand controller. I have never ever used my pfc hand controller to actually tune at all, but it is extremly usefull to use it as a data monitor and diagnostic tool. Since having a pfc I would never trust a standard Nissan temp gauge!. Some sort of "mini dash" or display with similar capabilities, would be a great idea.

Good to see some new aussie inginuety!!

What defines a "better" ecu. Sure there are shitloads of pudas out there that can out feature the power fc But in the real world the average modded car isnt capable of taking advantage of the extra available.

What sets the pfc apart from all others is its generic nature. It is (or was) priced very reasonably and can pretty much be tuned at your local cafe, An ecu that can be serviced at about any major centre in the country holds far more appeal to me than one that requires product specific knowledge to get the best from it.

That is not to say there isnt a place for the higher spec ecu's, far from it, big hp builds require a lot of management and that is where products like this one come in to their own.

I hope its everything you claim and you have great success with it DG. For me, I am running around 500rwhp on a highly modded 25 and doing it very safely with an fc. I see no reason to change.

I think this new system sounds like it has real potential , where it should get sales is from new installs .

I have a PFC in my R33 and I'm in no hurry to remove it , the Subaru needs something better than it's ancient non tunable factory management so I'm all ears .

For me the greatest stumbling block with programmable engine management was the ability to interface with the various CAS devices and being able to run off a Hotwire AFM . If someone local can put together a system that is a plug in for popular makes AND has a generic loom for conversion work the it should do well in the local market .

I think its questionable to state that system X can make better power than system Y , its down to the tuning parameters and the persons ability to give the engine what it wants .

The nice things are accurate idle and cold start functions and being able to handle rapid transients .

Fast 02 probe systems and effective knock control are a must in this day and age - face it the factory does it so the aftermarket should be able to as well . I don't see them as a band aid for poor tuning but they could be enabled afterwards just to keep things workable with poor juice or some other issue .

Will it be possible to pre purchase a copy of the software and instructions for this unit ?

For me it would be a 4 injector 1/2/4 coil system , cheers A .

Just so everyone is aware. Even if this unit does not come with a hand controller, Mountain Runner does an awesome data logging/viewer which can be wired into any system.

Just so everyone is aware. Even if this unit does not come with a hand controller, Mountain Runner does an awesome data logging/viewer which can be wired into any system.

ahh yes...he does...top quality unit too with lots of features.

Edited by DiRTgarage

I will be a guniea pig for this if needed.

Have a r32 gts-t. And have a rb30det sitting in a shead waiting to go in. Using a series 2 head and i have a pfc to go with it.

Features of this thing sound good so will sell pfc and give this a go

I am running a PFC and quite happy with it but been considering the option of a Link, this sounds much like the Links but even better and Australian designed - awesome!

Cant wait to see some hard data once its being tested

• 2 weeks later...
any updates on this thing?

Email from the National distributor

"Hi Paul,

I am still waiting on final specs and features to be made available. Very soon. I have been assured I will be the first to get one of these things - You will be soon after. This will be by the end of the month. Cheers"

wont be long :)

Edited by DiRTgarage