SAU Community

Spare Keys

there ya go. some simply do not give a rats. the local dealer I deal with in brissy has no issue helping me on weird things (including JAP R35s.) he's happy to help. short of it. find one that helps you and continue to see them.

Hi all

Well a very happy ending for me!! :banana:

Went to Main North Nissan here in Adelaide and spoke to Josh (excellent friendly service!!) and they coded the new remote and keys no problem!! Strange thing is, it is the same dealer as the one in Unley that couldn't do it, just a different branch. Just shows you you need to get the right person for the job!!

Anyone, I am safely sitting with spare keys and remote now :D

Thanks all for posts

Mike

Main North Nissan are absolutely awesome. The guys there really know their stuff, and they've always been willing to help with both of my cars (R34 & N14 SSS). They seem to have absolutely no issues working on imports, using FAST to import parts from Japan, etc too. Additionally, as an SAU:SA member, we get discounts with them too :)

Main North Nissan are absolutely awesome. The guys there really know their stuff, and they've always been willing to help with both of my cars (R34 & N14 SSS). They seem to have absolutely no issues working on imports, using FAST to import parts from Japan, etc too. Additionally, as an SAU:SA member, we get discounts with them too :)

Hi Guys,

I am the owner of Skyline 250GT 2002 model . I also want to make a spare key but I even dont know how to check the BCM code that you guys were talking about. Once I get it, how to look for pin? Please help me.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hi Guys,

I am the owner of Skyline 250GT 2002 model . I also want to make a spare key but I even dont know how to check the BCM code that you guys were talking about. Once I get it, how to look for pin? Please help me.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Where do you live?

• 1 month later...

I got a replacement key coded for my 2005 V35 at Amalgamated Locksmiths at Newstead in Brisbane for $150. They advertise transponder keys on ebay. They needed my car and a working Key.... Dont wait to lose your only key like i nearly did...

Guy

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys im hoping one of you can help me with the pin code as the Japan email dont seem to respond. i sent 2 emails in last 3 days

my code is 9CB51

im gonna try and hunt around the Sydney dealers for a good price for new key replacement

post-71983-0-33172400-1294718653_thumb.jpg

Hey guys...

thought you may be interested in this...

One of my Remote Keys failed just recently (luckily the car came with 2 remkeys and that red key).

I tried everything to get the remote to TX (resolder Battery contacts, Battery changes, trace/clean/touch-up circuit tracks etc...) but all to no avail.

Anyways, off to Ferntree Gully Nissan, and reported on my issue and wants. First thing said...."V35!..naaaaw, geeesh, it's not one of ours" (which is kinda what I expected from the guy behind the counter to say)...luckily another tech overheard and came in....."yep, we can do that!"....cool!

The price of a new key was $440....but I didn't want the entire key assy, just the circuit board, which is $155....cool!

They'll also flash the new key free for me (if there are no other issues, which there won't be).

Sooooo....circuit board is on it's way from Japano, and I'm happyo.

Glad I went to Nissan, very helpful......this is the second time in a month I've been there (never before), prior was my left hand indicators not functioning, fixed for 50 buh (failed 'after-market' Alarm isolating diode attached to BCM)

Will let you know of the outcome....if you'd like.

Cheers guys.

Superspit.

Hi Guys im hoping one of you can help me with the pin code as the Japan email dont seem to respond. i sent 2 emails in last 3 days

my code is 9CB51

im gonna try and hunt around the Sydney dealers for a good price for new key replacement

so i just got a call this morning form a Nissan representative sayng that they can no longer send the pin to people as it is a security risk and if i need it just go to a Nissan Dealer to get a new key and they will give me the code as well. Rippoff

so any chance any of the guys here have the tool to get the pin ? please help.

nissan need to look it up. its not a tool issue. the tool will program it but the first thing that my tool asked for is a number. that is the one that teh dealer has to look up on a nissan database.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys...

thought you may be interested in this...

One of my Remote Keys failed just recently (luckily the car came with 2 remkeys and that red key).

I tried everything to get the remote to TX (resolder Battery contacts, Battery changes, trace/clean/touch-up circuit tracks etc...) but all to no avail.

Anyways, off to Ferntree Gully Nissan, and reported on my issue and wants. First thing said...."V35!..naaaaw, geeesh, it's not one of ours" (which is kinda what I expected from the guy behind the counter to say)...luckily another tech overheard and came in....."yep, we can do that!"....cool!

The price of a new key was $440....but I didn't want the entire key assy, just the circuit board, which is $155....cool!

They'll also flash the new key free for me (if there are no other issues, which there won't be).

Sooooo....circuit board is on it's way from Japano, and I'm happyo.

Glad I went to Nissan, very helpful......this is the second time in a month I've been there (never before), prior was my left hand indicators not functioning, fixed for 50 buh (failed 'after-market' Alarm isolating diode attached to BCM)

Will let you know of the outcome....if you'd like.

Cheers guys.

Superspit.

Hey guys, just an FYI if you're interested in my 'new key'.

Key remote circuit board came in from Japan this morning, picked it up and had it programmed via the Nissan Consult II device.

Took Mick the tech about 5 minutes to determine/verify that my old key was infact stuffed, then placed the new circuit board into the key assembly, 'taught it', and now all good.

So I'm back to having 2 working remote keys again!...very comforting!...

Mick also (at my request) did a fulL systems check via the consult device (4 main areas, Engine, BCM, Airbag and some other Logic functions), and all good!...and all free $$. (just because I bought the key circuit board from them).

Great service FTG Nissan...you faaarkin raaaaawk!

FTG Nissan are the best. They show such professionalism. Always willing to give it a go. If they don't succeed they won't try to rob you. Other dealers I tried wanted to charge to even attempt it. Another one I tried wouldn't even make an attempt.

My next New Nissan will definitely be from FTG Nissan.

FTG Nissan are the best. They show such professionalism. Always willing to give it a go. If they don't succeed they won't try to rob you. Other dealers I tried wanted to charge to even attempt it. Another one I tried wouldn't even make an attempt.

My next New Nissan will definitely be from FTG Nissan.

It's kinda funny, but I avoided FTG Nissan for many years in fear of their (in my mind-set) price.

But they have been more than fair with this and other little jobs....Maybe when I do a clutch, or something major, things maybe different.

On a side note, I watched on as a guy was buying a brand new black GTR....geeeesh, noice.

God those things are glorious to look at...from any angle.

Pretty girls workin there too!...hehehe.

• 4 weeks later...

It's kinda funny, but I avoided FTG Nissan for many years in fear of their (in my mind-set) price.

But they have been more than fair with this and other little jobs....Maybe when I do a clutch, or something major, things maybe different.

On a side note, I watched on as a guy was buying a brand new black GTR....geeeesh, noice.

God those things are glorious to look at...from any angle.

Pretty girls workin there too!...hehehe.

Hi - I have just had a spare key supplied by a local locksmith for my V35 coupe. The key doesn't have the remote function but it has the transponder in it so I can enter the car (which turns off the immobiliser) and start the car. He also supplied a valet key.

I did not have a key code, he has a reader which produces a serial number which then can be programmed into the transponder key.

Total cost = $125.

However if you lose your one and only key and don't have a key code, you can expect to pay about $1300 for a replacement. At least that is what it costs for and X-Trail which uses a similar security set up and key codes.

A word of warning - don't hide your spare key under the car (especially in a magnetic box)as most thieves can find it in about 30 seconds with a mirror and LED light. And the magnetism will affect your transponder inside the key.

I'm located in regional SE Qld so most metro cities should have similarly equipped locksmiths getting around the place. So don't get ripped off.

Cheers - Neil

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I just got a v35 coupe and was really lucky as I have all three keys AND the code!

From what I have read here, on compliance, the cars immobilizer needs to be converted. My car simply has the standard keys with std buttons, so I can only assume if a new immobilser was fitted, it was fully integrated with the std one. I have a suspicion that all that happened was that the immobiliser was removed. Is there anyway to check if the car has a working immobiliser? If I use any of the keys, the car just works. The only thing I can think of is to get a plain key cut at the local key cutter, and try to start the car with this key with no transponder. Any other ideas?

V35,

got your email. will reply in the morning.

in regard to keys - you got lucky. in regard to immobiliser - you paid for something you probably didnt get. they are SUPPOSED to have one fitted by the RAW that complies it. as that car TECHINCALLY sits it is uncomplied. there is a bit of paper floating around the traps that says that the murano shares the same NATS system as the V35 . DOTARS say otherwise.

the OEM NATS 5 system is intact. its not something that can me switched off and removed. it is part of the cars computer.

I'm in/out tomorrow but accessible on the phone - give me call and I will explain.

• 2 weeks later...

not quite.

you need the BCM codes off the BCM in the drivers kick panel

from there contact nissan japan

wait for immobiliser codes from them

buy key.

hey chris,

how would one contact nissan ?

-----------------

once i haev a key and code, how much are peopel paying nissan to recode it for you??

thanks

• 2 weeks later...