SAU Community

Cast Iron Welding

BHDave

anyone in syd who can do this setup for a reasonable price.

im undecided weather im going to put mine on or not (probably selling my car in around 6 months) if i decide not to i will pm you.

im undecided weather im going to put mine on or not (probably selling my car in around 6 months) if i decide not to i will pm you.

hi mate i need one of these or someone will weld it for me but i need a t4 flange can some one tell me where to go to be done ,i live in bayswater victoria

w0rped, if your willing to sell it

ill take it for $150 + delivery

or send it to me

and ill send you my stock one.

Cheers

When i decide i will let you know, may be a while though so keep looking for someone to weld yours, any good welding shop should be able to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its the amount of flow the standard Exhaust manifold has.

most people have only ever been able to get around 300rwkw on the standard one. there have been a few that have made over that by around 30 or so kws.

Brett,

I have a highmount SS manifold if you want it. 38mm gate flange.

$150 Delivered :santa:

Im trying to keep mine looking as standard as possible, the external isnt exactly stock looking but its not as obvious as a high mount either, im sure it will sell quickly though at that price.

^ if i was going high mount setup i would've bought the manifold already from nytsky when i picked up the ext gate off him... im in the same situation as you, wanna keep it low mounted & sorta stock looking

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

stickwelder with special electrodes will stand the test of time better the mig or tig because once the cast manifold gets hot then starts cooling the weld and cast iron will cool at different rates and will crack over time.

^if you stainless MIG or TIG it it will be fine becuse of the high nickel content.

that said i modded my mates manifold a month or so ago and used castcraft electrodes :blush: but you can do it with a tig easy

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if anyone needs one of these i have one already made, got it welded my craig helps here in adelaide (cams welder)

pm me if your keen!

Hi guys,

There seem to be a few qualified and apprentice boiler makers and such floating around in here so i figure someone would know someone who can cut a hole into my stock manifold and weld on a bit of steam pipe properly so it won't crack up once it see's the track.

I have ongoing boost control issues with the internal gate 3071 and just can't be stuffed (and cant really afford) to redo all the piping again as well as shell out for a decent steam pipe manifold and gate.

cheers

Dave.............