SAU Community

I Got An Iphone...i Got An Iphone Today Hooray!

Omurru

hahah ferni..you go girl

ALSO

with the old one, yes it was 399 at the store (which went to 299 when the 16GB one came out)

this ALSO assumed you were gonna go on a plan. You bought it from the apple store, it came with a simcard and was LOCKED to AT&T. You actually couldn't use it until you had it activated with AT&T through itunes...

Thank god for the good people who hacked it and unlocked it though..you got yourself a iphone without having to go on contract...

I believe now though, you wont be able to do that anymore..because you can't walk out of an apple store with an iphone without signing up a contract....

and you can't do that in Australia because you end up having to buy one on prepaid for $750+ then pay to unlock it, yadda yadda.

So, for the $440 australian or so that I paid for my fully unlocked iphone, at the end of last year..I can't complain..and NOTHING on the market right now would come close to it for $440.

After all that i must conclude..

This thread is gay.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sigh.

In the red corner, we have the people who like the Iphone.

In the blue corner, we have the people who hate it.

In the end,it depends on what you want.

Iphone pros:

Awesome interface.

Threaded SMS's (see the conversations, not just the last reply)

Gesture based touch screen

Fantastic quality display.

plenty of storage space.

Cons:

Can't bluetooth.

No MMS

Very poor camera with no flash.

Assisted GPS (uses quite a bit of data)

does not compress data (unlike, say Blackberry)

needs internet to do everything.

End result:

If you want a good camera, look at the nokia 6220 or N82

If you are a more visual person, the iphone is for you.

N95 is a bit old now. N82 does all it can and more (better processor, xenon flash, upgradable to 8gb) and there's a new black one that comes out with "The dark night" built in. The screen is smaller, but if that's what you want, get the iphone instead. It's a better video playing device.

the iphone almost made it no where when they wanted to make money off airtime from telcos who charge users for it... didnt they get a shock

apple only allowed 1000 units in the country for the first month n will only allow the same every 2 months... its the same they did with the ipod by trying to create a frenzy by limiting sales.

y bother having a phone that u cant take ur pics/music/doc outside of the phone by not having an external storage slot? even cheap phones have them nowdays. apples gone backwards but thats the way they like it

also u wont b able 2 buy one outright for quite some time as stated by apple australia

1. There is more than 1,000 units in the country, much more. But yes they aren't easy to get a hold of, not the 16GB ones anyway. But I still managed to get one without lining up at 5am release day.

2. Apple have never done an external storage slot on their iPods, this is the same. I have no need to take my pics/music/docs outside of my iPhone - I can sync them across easy.

3. I bought mine outright, and had it unlocked officially, no problems.

Any more misinformation you want to spread??

A-GPS DOES NOT USE DATA. It uses cell phone towers to get a rough idea of where it is, then uses the gps chip to find out exactly where it is - pretty much just a fast way to get a GPS location. Google maps the application uses data to load maps.

1. There is more than 1,000 units in the country, much more. But yes they aren't easy to get a hold of, not the 16GB ones anyway. But I still managed to get one without lining up at 5am release day.

2. Apple have never done an external storage slot on their iPods, this is the same. I have no need to take my pics/music/docs outside of my iPhone - I can sync them across easy.

3. I bought mine outright, and had it unlocked officially, no problems.

Any more misinformation you want to spread??

A-GPS DOES NOT USE DATA. It uses cell phone towers to get a rough idea of where it is, then uses the gps chip to find out exactly where it is - pretty much just a fast way to get a GPS location. Google maps the application uses data to load maps.

I concur. Having done my research, this answer is on the money.

The other misinformation he would like to spread is the spelling of "paedophile" in his avatar. :D

Will be getting mine soon and have a funky case that attaches to the windscreen to utilise the GPS functionality while driving.

its funny because my mother has signed a contract with apple to sell the iphone which started from the other week

u dont get misinformation when ur in the business

Well I guess your proof that you do then :D Where is she selling them? My housemate works for optus and they alone got alot more then 1000 units in their first shipment, so if you add on the telstra and vodafone ones as well....well you see where it's going....

Well I guess your proof that you do then :action-smiley-069: Where is she selling them? My housemate works for optus and they alone got alot more then 1000 units in their first shipment, so if you add on the telstra and vodafone ones as well....well you see where it's going....

Kyle, she has stores with vodafone, virgin, optus and pivotel (old company name was globalstar)

also does corporate work with vodafone (help setup cocacola amatel deal in aus and had sct transport b4 it went bust)

u heard from kylie lately? havent spoken to her in ages

Edited by KamikazeR33

What happen to using you phone to make calls?

it's not a phone, it's a portable internet device ;) It can also be used to make calls.

Taking your logic, i could say "what happened to using a landline to make calls?" :D

I'm getting impatient .... has anyone bought a iphone outright/unlocked and using it on the 3 network?

Sure 3 only has 3g coverage in metropolitan areas but there data plans are just so much better value than the rest..

No doubt 3 will eventually sell the iphone but at the end of the day its all just rumor as far as i'm aware so far and no official word from the telco.

but i want one now....

What happen to using you phone to make calls?

haha, my friend has one of them fancy iphones. He does everything with it except use it as a phone. I called him once and he never answered. Probably too busy playing with all the options haha (crash team racing and scribble)

i know on my n95 when using the internet the 3g symbol comes up, i was playing with a mates new iphone on the weekend and when i was using the maps the 3g symbol was flashing, that would lead me to believe that it is using data transfer which you have to pay extra for.