SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Thanks- a little bit of that luck stuff could be required

bloody radiator still giving us some grief

we had a good prologue and a decent first run - 9.53? (we think) at 18psi and then a 10.10 at 12psi with a little bit of overheating (farking skylines)

so we're pretty confident of the win outright when we turn it up to 48 psi

look out for us tomorrow

we will be challenging Whitey in that lambo thing (1st by a freakin longshot) and that Jones bloke in the newest Neesan.

PS: Kel is teh best navigator eva

5 good runs up the hill today, down from 9.53 at 18psi yesterday to 9.31 at 12psi this arvo. Should go quicker tomorrow morning too as it is noticeably slower as the day warms up.

4 out of 5 runs today were at wastegate boost (7psi) to keep temps down, even so it was 113o by the end of the run. still no point pushing it harder and hurting something.

this is a great event and very different in a lot of respects to most tarmac rallies. the multiple runs up the hill together with Kel calling stuff so well means you can really push on even with the car making sfa power.

jess is going well too in the porsche now the intercom is sorted, and there are a couple of guys on here doing the tour too.

the whites are about 25s clear of steve jones, and at this stage all the skylines are still running (yay!). plenty of emos have bit the dust though, including a couple over the edge...and I saw a 3 wheel drive monaro coupe which is fairly unique (rexdan's better half in the silly seat of that car)!

Yeah well done Uncle Dunc and Kel. Going up a hill like that with only 7psi can't be much fun but you made a damn good fist of it.

Well done to Burgo too - the car sure did look hot and launched harder than anything else in the field (except maybe the sonic boom Lambo. LOL). The fight sure is going to be on at Targa next year with those Lambo's having the hollingers now.

Yeah the Lambo V R35 battle should be exciting to watch. I'm astounded by the times up Buller this year, very quick pace. Not lonmg ago sub-9 minutes was super quick, now they're knocking on the door of a sub eight challenge!

Just be aware that the course was shorted by around 400m at the top (with that super tricky hairpin gone as well) - so they reckon about 15s was taken off the stage.

So it's not as fast as it appears (but still damn fast no doubt).

Yeah basically it finished 30m past the clock tower @ the main square this year.

Craig finished up in 9th. Not bad given I think they had no notes on Day 2. lol

He's decided to come to Tassie too which is cool.

One of the best weekends ever.

Got to ride in the tour as a passenger in an R35, Evo 9 and the infamous Close 996TT. The 35 was fun (sideways is cool ay Snowy!) and the 996 unbelievably fast. It wasn't hard to imagine how the 911 holds the Targa Prologue record...soooooo tourquey everywhere!

Thanks Snowy for the ride and the drinking companionship well before everyone else had even finished :-D

Bring on next year...I'm going to the darkside and navving for Adam Newton in his newly built Evo 4 RS.

See ya'll at TWP :)

Nice work Dan! Sorry I didn't put you up as a candidate to nav for Greggy Muller! For some reason I thought facebook had you as booked elsewhere. I seriously regret not giving you a buzz mate :)

I had a quick look at that green/silver R32 before we left Buller... very very clean machine.

Perry thought it looked pretty hot, but the colour was just a little too Monaro for me!

Edited by t01-100

Nice work Dan! Sorry I didn't put you up as a candidate to nav for Greggy Muller! For some reason I thought facebook had you as booked elsewhere. I seriously regret not giving you a buzz mate ;)

All good Benny. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend as it was so don't stress too much about it :)