SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

okay noobish question here but how is the RX8 allowed to run a turbo?

as long as a manfacturer made 10 of a car it can run. mazda made 10x turbo rx8s. Same story with the ATTKD Select R SP that Kel is in.

#819, David Ayers and Robbie Bolton, 1997 Nismo 400R

^^^This is a replica, right? Just came up on the feed they've gone off the road

yes, and its now a very good replica of a cube.

snowcone managed to lose no time at all with that off...the stage was downgraded to non-competitive after they crashed! I want to go in a lotto syndicate with him, I've never met anyone so lucky! Hope Chris is OK since it was his side

The motor is 100% ok. Fuel on the road for about 1km, we were only at half pace, rear end came around as we powered slowly out of a corner. We just watched the video. No fault of nav or driver. We still finished the stage and the stage was downgraded, so we didn't loose any time. Car still drives straight!

What are you doing Jesus! Wind the window down and do the big palm/fend to protect the car. Its like the Secret Service, you sign up to Nav you are committing to putting your life before the cars and drivers :cool:

What are you doing Jesus! Wind the window down and do the big palm/fend to protect the car. Its like the Secret Service, you sign up to Nav you are committing to putting your life before the cars and drivers :cool:

Didnt you know the pace notes have a huge tree magnet in them. cars always go in navigator first.

sh1t she didn't do too bad. Bad luck to the guys that went off though. Good to see Snowy still going strong, I saw the pics on targa's site and came here to see what happened.

Oh Man, that;s a nasty hit for Snowy!

Bugger!

Call it drift damage!!

How much time did they loose?

The phrase "Kissed on the Dick" springs to mind..... Bugger all!!

TT

Whish is what exactly? Its an R32 but with what done to it?

It has Black Cloth looking Bonnet, Pops n bangs and shoots flames... goes puuuu on lift off.

The rules have changed quite a bit and the AASA cars are getting fairly wild...

Becoming cheque book racing from machinery point of view... but Targa as a course is driver rewarding and there are a lot of cars with owners scratching their heads, and wondering why they didnt get an i30 or Mazda3 D.

TT

yeah early modern looks like "SAU class" doesn't it! Good work from Tim, obviously he hasn't had to read any stages backwards this year!

Roy, ATTKD Select is not a GTR, that is a different model of car. It does have many similar parts like the whole chasis. Engine is also very similar to NIssan's car but ATTKD's car has a larger stroke 2.8l, bigger cams and bigger turbos than the similar car from nissan.

And while I'm glad Kel is in such a damn good car....I really don't agree with what the current rules allow.

exactly correct. Mark and I are now building a short run of Raceworx Super Spartan Targa GTSTRs. We just need 8 more customers. They are about 1000kg, spaceframe, RB34DERT (super and turbo charged to help get the twin td06s spooling), hollinger sequential, carbon fibre body. They run 325 tyres on the rear and have 12 spot brakes, you would be a great customer. Best of all they run a Vipec ECU from the factory and include a 4th gear lock out for drag racing purposes. No rear seat either.

ayres car :(

I've still got my damaged 33 GTR shell under the house from last year's Targa with a perfectly good rear end. It might be just the thing for David to fix his car?

Cheers

Paul

post-42431-1272709538_thumb.jpg

post-42431-1272709573_thumb.jpg

Edited by poolheaters

I'd be devastated if that was my car (way too much blood, sweat and tears in in...some of them mine), but the truth is it is cheap and easy to reshell these cars. Other than the shell pretty much everything Mark is running this year rolled down a hill 7 times.

Changeover cost for a new shell is less than $10k which is a drop in the ocean compared to some of these builds. I know of a full, uncomplied 33 GTR with running motor going for 12k...once you sell the motor it doesn't cost much.

I guess snowy is going to need to reshell too, that one is seriously f**ked and I've never seen a "middle-cut".