SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

AWESOME Andrew!!! :ninja:

Have you thought about Targa? Decided to enter Rookie to see if you can win modern to get the full entry for 2010 or just goin the whole hog?

Yep I'm looking at this Wrestpoint Rally, Targa Rookie and hopefully Mt Buller for 2009. Not sure about trying to win the Rookie however since neither me nor my nav have any Tarmac Rally experience so really we are just going out to learn what it is about and to have some fun and most importantly bringing home the car in one piece next year.

I'll probably be getting in your ear a bit over the next few months though as I try to sort all of this stuff out. Even this entry form looks daunting :P

Are you using the blue car? Be interested to see what you needed to do, full cage and all the other bits and pieces.

Yep using the Blue car. Already have been down to see Toby at Merridian to sort all of the safety / other generally rally stuff out (car will be down there in the next month or so to get it all done) and have also chatted to Benno about what I need to do to bring the car in-line with Rally regs which will all be done when I fix the diff. It's actually not so bad these days with the AASA rules (given things like oil coolers and radiators are much easier now).

So.....Wrest Point - im keen as mustard!

And for $2k you cant really go wrong given the amount of K's driven

EDIT: I rang the number on the bottom of the email to find out the exact rules regarding cages - does anyone here know 100% what the rules will be? I have a bolt in half cage sitting here i can put in, not really looking to get a full weld in cage

Ok, ill have a look at what they cost and weigh it up :P

Helen came and asked me about half cages and R32 GTRs so putting two and two together she will call in the morning suggesting a CAMS approved Bond bolt-in system... allow $1200 for R32 kit. They are pre-fab and generally in stock ready to freight. No cutting trim required even with side intrusion so no real resale killer.

For a decent weld-in allow atleast $3500.

you're 3.0L motor isn't going to be all that legal either mate btw.....

:(

Helen came and asked me about half cages and R32 GTRs so putting two and two together she will call in the morning suggesting a CAMS approved Bond bolt-in system... allow $1200 for R32 kit. They are pre-fab and generally in stock ready to freight. No cutting trim required even with side intrusion so no real resale killer.

For a decent weld-in allow atleast $3500.

Ok so thats a definate on the full cage....

Hahaha, thanks for that ill mention i spoke to you when she calls back :D

As Snowy said, ive got an rb30 bottom end, so it looks like i cant enter anyway - unless there's a class for people who just want to have fun and dont take it as seriously as the guys at the pointy end of the field?

Cheers :)

cool, helen is good value.

funny you should mention that... for 2009 with targa tasmania and targa wrest point we are introducting a class that will allow people to compete with modifications outside the tollerence of the technical regs.

providing cars meet all the safety requirments eg. cage, belts, kill switch etc you can run all stages at unrestricted pace, compete for a targa trophy, but not be classified under the final results.

That sounds like a good class :D

So in this proposed class for example, you would allow single turbo conversions on GTR's, Rb30 bottom ends, different gearboxes etc - that kind of thing? Or less mods than those :blink:

Looks like ill have to wait another year

cool, helen is good value.

funny you should mention that... for 2009 with targa tasmania and targa wrest point we are introducting a class that will allow people to compete with modifications outside the tollerence of the technical regs.

providing cars meet all the safety requirments eg. cage, belts, kill switch etc you can run all stages at unrestricted pace, compete for a targa trophy, but not be classified under the final results.

Good news! Be keen to see what these rules entail Stu.

So in this proposed class for example, you would allow single turbo conversions on GTR's, Rb30 bottom ends, different gearboxes etc - that kind of thing? Or less mods than those :blink:

And you'd want to drive that through the trees without a cage....

You're pretty special Sunshine :D