SAU Community

Dyno Graphs Comparing Pfc Boost Controll Vs Blitz Idiii

on our application we were running internally gated HKS turbo's so no chance of changing the spring as they are sealed units.

The best and only option for us and many others was to invest in a decent controller...the Blitz ID-III is the best on the market in my opinion.

Even though I have a Blitz ID-III myself I also think the Turbosmart e-boost is also an excellent EBC.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how much is this boost controller? it looks nice :D

Have one Spec R sitting here on the desk for $560 courtesy of a certain well known J shop starting with N - but now I feel a dill when I realised who asked the question. How many you have on the shelf? :D

Edited by WRRR

maybe its a RB in a 180? people do some interesting things with nissans these days

NO WAY who would do such a thing thats absolutely obscene

Any Blitz dual solenoid in my experience works the best (gain wise), i have plenty of graphs i could post up but i rate the boost controllers as follows;

1. BLITZ dual solenoid (type R, ID, IDIII or I-color) But i find the i-color is a bit too gadgety.

2. Gizzmo MSIBC (black with blue display) (awesome controller with closed loop boost control and cheap)

3. TRUST Profec b SPEC 2 (great controller, easy to set up)

one old controller i like which is no longer sold anymore is the Greddy Type S wats your thoughts on these?

the ID3 is a fantastic controller and can bring boost on alot sooner than most gotta love its self learn mode

IDIII's a good bita kit eh :(

Only last week I heard a story about a SVI RX7 with upgraded hi flows, simultaneous mod, inj, pump reg, blah take 3 WOT pulls to achieve near ruler flat boost control and ~285rwkw's.

Its been around for years, I'm surprised... others still get surprised ;)

Good work Trent for taking the time.

Edited by GeeTR

Great read and interesting results but how would this compare to a twin setup?

My car currently have a HKS EVC version III which is set to just under 1bar and made 235awkw. I am in the market for a new boost controller and was about to buy the powerfc kit as i like its ability to run without an extra module in the cabin (less chance of being picked on by police)

Now if the results are that drastic then i will be going a different direction and probably just get it installed in the glovebox.

Anyways, i will be doing this same test as i have just installed an apexi pod filter kit and would like to have another dyno run once i get a new EBC.

Great read and interesting results but how would this compare to a twin setup?

My car currently have a HKS EVC version III which is set to just under 1bar and made 235awkw. I am in the market for a new boost controller and was about to buy the powerfc kit as i like its ability to run without an extra module in the cabin (less chance of being picked on by police)

Now if the results are that drastic then i will be going a different direction and probably just get it installed in the glovebox.

Anyways, i will be doing this same test as i have just installed an apexi pod filter kit and would like to have another dyno run once i get a new EBC.

honestley the blitz boost controller really comes into its own in twin applications, im sure there are a few guys on here with crazy GTR's who will back me up (dirt garage for one).

Wait.

The PowerFC boost controller has a gain setting. I know it's not the best, but I'm using one with my stock turbo and it makes 16psi at 2900rpm in 4th if the gain is set agressively. Can't be that bad. (Sorry. This is on an SR20)

Edited by Equinox

Wait.

The PowerFC boost controller has a gain setting. I know it's not the best, but I'm using one with my stock turbo and it makes 16psi at 2900rpm in 4th if the gain is set agressively. Can't be that bad. (Sorry. This is on an SR20)

no it only has a duty cycle setting....

as for being an sr20 all pfc boost controllers are the same see attched SR20 screen grab.

post-34927-1217322136_thumb.jpg

Wouldnt you say that the result is due to the dual solonoid?

Damn lucky I run this setup :)

Edit = was running and its already been mentioned.

Edited by DECIM8

Wouldnt you say that the result is due to the dual solonoid?

Damn lucky I run this setup :huh:

yes on some cars, esecially twins the table flat boost control is due to the fact it has double the resolution compared to a single solenoid. (mind you if the gate setup is good a single solenoid will easily suffice) the DSBC just allows more scope to adjust an unruly gate :) a nd still maintain a nice flat curve. (there are cases though that no controller can fix a boost drop or creep if it is of mechanical origin... too small a gate etc..)

the extra response is more a product of software programming and i can only assume is the fact that opening two valves at once allows you to hold out to the last possible moemnt yet still pass the required volume through to the gate/gates without spiking.

i dont want to get into a blitz is best type argument as the whole point of my post was merely to prove that a properly setup EBC can gain you quite a LOT of extra FREE power

Software and closed loop control aspects aside, the type of boost control valve used would make a difference i assume. Dual solenoid seems to work well in this instance. Isnt the stepping motor type of the EVC a better ideal solution to the task of boost control? Though the controls behind the EVC mas bot be as good as the Blitx unit.

honestley the blitz boost controller really comes into its own in twin applications, im sure there are a few guys on here with crazy GTR's who will back me up (dirt garage for one).

Hey Trent, thankyou for the reply. Looks like ill be buying the blitz EBC; thankgod i read your thread cos i was just about to order the powerfc kit for like 500bux.

-Johnny

Trent,

In your opinion do you see any reason why the IDIII wouldn't work on an APS kitted twin turbo LS2 running Tial ext gates.

I ask cos my brother has this setup without boost controller at this stage and just relying on wastegate springs to keep boost at just under 8psi (which is the way the workshop set it up).

I've just sold him my new IDIII (as I've gone Autronic SM4 on my SR) - however, we werent sure whether it would work on his car. Obviously it won't be installed until the bottom end is forged - its already putting out over 500rwhp with less than 8psi of boost.

Thanks in advance.

No reason for it not to work man, turbos are turbos, regardless what they are on.

Yeah thats what we thought.

PS: Let us know what power the LS2 makes :(

The torque is already awesome - the RE55 semi-slicks are useless in most gears. The kit is supposedly good for around 1000hp at the crank at around 14 psi IF the bottom end holds together. At that stage even the LS2 block integrity becomes questionable.

What really surprises me is that it now uses less fuel than when it was stock when driven in a "normal" fashion.