SAU Community

Anyone Help With This Light On The Dash?

Hey guys, got into our V35 this arvo to be greeted with the icons in the posted picture below flashing on the dash. Now from thne manual it looks to have something to do with the airbag system. Obviously the airbags aren't deployed so anyone have any clue as to what it might be or how to diagnose the problem? Would Nissan be able to help (doubtful I know)

Cheers

12082008101.jpg

i believe it will be a wire in the seat belt clip that has come loose.

As both the seat belt light and that one should disappear when you plug your seat belt in.

Shaun, the light has never come on previous and there is a separate light for the seat belt as you can see. I'll have a looksie but don't think that's it

Yeah it's a 35 Chris... I'll make sure to look at the seat harness tomorrow, what exactly should I look for? Loose connections? If not I may have to call up Nissan and see how we go from there :domokun:

I can remember reading somewhere that in most cars, airbags need to be checked as part of servicing, and as said once checked the light can be reset. Is this correct Chris?

I think it's like in some cars when it's time for a service the k's blink when you start up, and will keep doing so until you reset it.

check under your seat there will be a wiring harness and clip, dare say it has come undone

I am 6'7 and I have seat all the way back on its rails,

had some one sit behind my wife whilst she drove and they scrunched the floor mat up under the drivers chair, I moved the chair back next time I drove and the light came on. 35 pesos for Nissan to reset.

I know the service manager so I didn't get charged for it.

Hope this helps

Mike

Well took it to Nissan and they reset it for a fee... of course :( They said if it happens again they will have to do more conclusive "testing" but at this stage all seems good! :laugh: