SAU Community

Stagea Questions...

Ranga007

i culd even turbo the LS1 and get close to 500hp atw if i got a big enough kit... gas motorsports got sumthin similar to that...

and if i got bigger injectors and a a charger on a ls1 i garuntee itd be more than 430kw at the fly

500rwhp the target....like this??

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Au...ea-t208727.html

Make: Nissan Stagea Autech 260RS

Model: Stagea Autech 260RS

Milage: 115,000

Transmission: 5 speed Manual

Colour: Pearl white

Complied? Yes

RWC supplied? Yes

Currently registered? Yes

Price: $29,000 (edited by wolv to current price)

Times up, missus wants a Prius. Hell of a way to reduce my carbon footprint.

97 mod. Excellent condition. Motor completely rebuilt at 100,000kms.

Engine.

RB26DETT

K&N pods

Z32 AFMs

N1 Group A turbos (RS581's)

TuneAgent manifolds

HKS dumps

Nismo front pipes

Trust PE2 exhaust

Blitz FMIC 102mm

Just Jap radiator

Greddy top pipe (rad)

N1 water pump

N1 oil pump

Oil catchcan

Tomei HG

CP pistons

REV I beam rods

Fully rebuilt bottom to top

New valves, stem seals etc

Minor head work

Tomei 264 cams

OK Giken cam gears

Greddy timing belt

Greddy timing cover

Relocated oil filter

Oil cooler

Tomei sump baffles

Sard 700cc injectors

Greddy rail

FPR

Bosch 044 pump

Splitfire coils

NOS heat plugs

Direct clutch twin plate (very heavy)

RS*R coil overs

Brembos with Ferodo pads

DBA5000 slotted rotors with gold hats (replacement rotors are cheap!)

BEO gold 17"

Greddy oil pressure guage (elec)

Greddy boost guage (elec)

Greddy pillar mount for the above

PowerFC

Greddy ProfecB Spec2

Blitz FATT timer

JVC HU with 3.5" screen

Im not sure if I have forgotten anything.

Car has run 11.9 in Darwin, unprepped track, street tyres at 35psi and 30deg heat (wind was blowing the wrong way too).

500.9rwhp, once again 30deg at 22psi. (wind was ok this time).

Regularly serviced, rarely driven as I have a Lib GTB wagon for work and the missus wants a Prius.

Great fun to drive, attracts very little attention. Manages to scare most people silly.

PM me for any questions.

Cheers

Ken

Edited by wolverine

great thread.

I'm thinking about a stagea myself. I've done a fair bit of research but can't seem to find running costs of a stagea.

I want to purchase one and just drive it as is, no modifications.

Are they higher maintenance than your average family car? If so is it possible to specify..

Parts: body & mechanical - readily available?

Reliability: They seem to have a fairly good name among enthusiasts, but i've noticed enthusiasts tend to have a blind love and overlook the times their car needs to be off the road..

I've read buyers guide etc.. but your thoughts would be good on general reliability - sorry to hijack the thread, but i didnt want to start another 'new to stagea' topic :-)

regards

David

great thread.

I'm thinking about a stagea myself. I've done a fair bit of research but can't seem to find running costs of a stagea.

I want to purchase one and just drive it as is, no modifications.

Are they higher maintenance than your average family car? If so is it possible to specify..

Parts: body & mechanical - readily available?

Reliability: They seem to have a fairly good name among enthusiasts, but i've noticed enthusiasts tend to have a blind love and overlook the times their car needs to be off the road..

I've read buyers guide etc.. but your thoughts would be good on general reliability - sorry to hijack the thread, but i didnt want to start another 'new to stagea' topic :-)

regards

David

I may be able to help with a few of these...

Running costs are a little bit higher than an aussie equivalent car (if one were to exist). However you get to drive a car that quite literally compares to cars worth more than twice as much....so they are still very good value!

I've only been driving my new M35 for a few days so cant offer much info on that, but I did own a series 2 stagea for 2 years, sold it earlier this year.

Maintenance-wise, its a matter of how much you want to look after your car. Not that different to any other car except that I'd recommend only using fully-synthetic oils and things like that.

My stagea didn't break down in the 2 years I owned it. There were a few issues when I first bought it - regarding the turbo and one rear shock absorber - but these are not a common fault and once fixed all was fine. The exhaust manifold can eventually crack/split, causing a loudish whistle when on boost (not the normal faint whistle you might here), but once fixed this doesn't normally show up again unless you're pushing it too far with mods...but once again, not a very common fault.

About the only common fault I have seen with stageas is a tiny rust spot underneath the passenger mirror. :(

Overall they are extremely reliable. However if you do need parts, a lot of the mechanical parts are shared with the skyline R33/R34's so you can be lucky with these. Worst case, you can import parts from Japan, but I've never had to do that (I've owned 4 nissan imports over 7 years and have never needed to import any parts from japan). There are a few wreckers here now stocking stagea parts too so for body panels etc you may still be in luck.

Fuel usage was around 13-14L/100km for me when my s2 was completely stock. I managed to lower this to 11-12L/100km through mods such as exhaust, apexi SAFC (+tuning) and some ignition timing adjustment, but if you want to leave it stock, the s2's are slightly more economical and more powerful than the s1's, and I've heard the M35's are also more economical and definitely more powerful than the s2's.

Look after the car and it'll look after you. Most of the ones that break, do so because they've been pushed too far (ie. modified or running too much boost etc) - which is why we dont include stuff like this as reliability problems. Mine was modified (160kw at all 4) and was rock solid.

Insurance will be a bit higher also, depending on your age and driving history. My M35 is $850 a year with a high excess. I had the option of $1200 with a $400 excess. I'm 26.

Hope that helps :O

Edited by pixel8r

I have to agree with pixel8r with every he said

As you have already read the buyers guide - you would have read the common things to find when looking at a Stagea.

I've got a S2 RSFour V Prime Edition (electric leather seats and "woodgrain" interoir) and i've had it for 10 months and hasn't skiped a beat. I just have to do some minor repairs (change over front castor bushes) and do some mods

If you intend to keep it stock and well maintaned, then car will be relaiable like every other car on the road IMO.

in addition to looking for parts - always check the parts classified here on SAU - people are always selling...even ebay - you may get lucky (I saw someone selling SK's suspension kit for $800 not that long ago - wish i had the money).

Insurance just shop around...there is a thread on here about insurance and how much they got it for (I went with Just Car - $1050 with $500 excess, rating 1, all my mods covered aswell and i'm 26)..mind you this is my real first car and first time i've got insurance

Edited by BigDirtyJase

barra 240T into a stagea.... opinions??? ;)

Turbo is on the opposite side of the engine to the RB, so that is something you'll have to think about. However, as mentioned the 1JZ has been transferred into a Stagea before which also has the turbo on the drivers' side, so it's not impossible.

think itd be possible to do a twin turbz 2j into a cressy?

That's been done plenty of times. Even better, some people leave them looking grandpa-spec outside!

They were available like that in Japan direct from Toyota, at least in 1JZ form.