SAU Community

Stagea Questions...

Ranga007

hey all well ive only just been bit by the stagea bug and now decided thats exactly what my next car will be. im a member of another car forum and i made a thread there for help wit sum questions i had... ill just copy paste the full thread from there to here and hope sum of u can help me.

cheers

kk well first things first...

2 things.

2 - SHOW US PICS OF UR STAGEA'S/INFO/anything else u wana share :banana:

3 - question time (yeh again i tried a quick look and culdnt find the info i was after so figured id ask all of you)

~why is it so hard to find manual stageas... and when i do whats the average price for one going to be?

~are they all AWD? can u get a RWD stagea? if not... how hard is it to convert it to RWD?

~what sorta engines did they come out with? i saw on sum import site that one had a RB26DETT standard?

~anyone done an engine conversion into one of these before?

~are you able to remove the roof rails?

~and just your personal preference on these cars/other info you think i should know...

i was in the market for a new car and i kinda like the look of these, hence the thread. but i really need a manual and id prefer RWD or even the prices + process involved in converting a AWD.

Pl1Z n0 fLaM3 mEe

ciao!!!

Welcome to SAU, and to the Stagea section.

First things first, where are you located? If you can give us an idea, then we can give you better location-based information in regards to who to use to buy and maintain your car.

Manual Stageas were built in lower numbers, so that's why they're harder to find, and (usually) cost more. Apart from the 260RS, there were no other manual s1 Stageas in the C34 range.

Nope, they're not all AWD, so if you wanted a RWD they are out there. But I think all the RWDs were autos, someone may correct me on this...

Engine availability question should be able to be answered in the Stagea Buyers' Guide thread. The one with the RB26DETT was the 260RS.

Yep there are a few conversions going around, but it would probably be cheaper just to buy one with the intended engine already in it.

Yes, but getting the kit to cover where the rails went isn't too easy, AFAIK.

i live in brisbane, qld.

and well yeh im trying to track down a stock manual RWD stagea... and also the kit to cover the rails. and i have intentions of being the first in australia to put a 13b into a stagea... so i doubt i can buy one with that already done... :P thx tho

i live in brisbane, qld.

and well yeh im trying to track down a stock manual RWD stagea... and also the kit to cover the rails. and i have intentions of being the first in australia to put a 13b into a stagea... so i doubt i can buy one with that already done... :P thx tho

each to their own i spose bud .i think you will find you can get some pretty amazing performance from the stock engine setup with the right mods. take the time and read the forum pages here and it will answer all of your questions. regards mike .ps a quick search on jspec found 3 manuals http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=13326

Yes, but getting the kit to cover where the rails went isn't too easy, AFAIK.

Don't take this as gospel but I *think* Takero's make the panels that cover up the roof rail holes.

It's either Takero's or Eastbear.

a reminder that RBNT has a 260RS weapon for sale and the price is cheap for the work done. forged internals, quality parts, big power, tuned, sorted & working.

since they wheel around exclusively as rear wheel drive until you get right up them there seems little reason to specifically desire a rear wheel drive. if rear wheel drive is a must then pull out the front driveshaft.

13b?? (shakes head and wonders why you would want to push a heavy car around with that)

.... and i have intentions of being the first in australia to put a 13b into a stagea... so i doubt i can buy one with that already done... :/ thx tho

sweet baby jeebuz on a tricycle :O

A 13B in a 1650kg wagon? Mate, have you ever heard of the Mazda Roadpacer?

Oh, and good luck finding a manual RWD stag. I spent the last month looking for one (in secret :wave: ) and came up with bugger all. They are out there, but I am pretty sure they come with a free bag of rocking horse poo.....

Have to agree, putting a 13B Rotary in a Stagea isan't very practical. If you wanted to do something different and dont like the RB, the only way to go would be a 2JZ-GTE.

Yeah same here, the 13B would struggle to pull the Stagea along. (wasn't the Mazda Roadpacer just a Holden Kingswood with a 13B?). There is a youtube vid of a Stagea witha 2JZ-GTE and from the video, goes very hard.

If you wanted to be different...how would a Nissan Cima V8 Motor (VK45DD) go in a Stagea?

2 - SHOW US PICS OF UR STAGEA'S/INFO/anything else u wana share biggrin.gif

see this thread :(

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Po...ad-t123730.html

~why is it so hard to find manual stageas... and when i do whats the average price for one going to be?

only the s2 comes in manual, or otherwise the 260RS's which only came in s1 and s2 form. Even with the s2 the manual ones are quite rare - not sure how many were made but not nearly as many as the auto version.

~are they all AWD? can u get a RWD stagea? if not... how hard is it to convert it to RWD?

no they're not all AWD. there are a few RWD stageas on here. AWD ones can be made to run RWD (by removing the front tailshaft) but you'd still have the extra weight of the front diff etc which the factory RWD ones dont have.

~what sorta engines did they come out with? i saw on sum import site that one had a RB26DETT standard?

the ones available in australia are listed below:

s1: RB25DET (similar to R33 skyline)

s2: RB25DET NEO (similar to R34 skyline)

260RS (both s1 & s2): RB26DETT - pretty sure this is same as R33 GTR

M35: VQ25DET (same design as 350Z but smaller and with turbo). These do come with VQ35DE too but so far those ones are not able to be complied in australia.

~and just your personal preference on these cars/other info you think i should know...

They rock!! Once you get one you wont look back. :)

my rig also has the rail covers, but unlike SHIZNT's they are smooth without the little protrusions

100_0587.jpg

mine is factory rwd but is auto (i think all rwd were?) - will be going manual soon :(

i wouldn't bother trying to go 13b either, go 1j/2j

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=DO8pPEjByHA

was a japan built car, looks like it's gone to brazil

yah i had a 13b in my s13 which was great, but an s13 is a tiny lil car n not a hulka wagon like the stagea, just wouldnt be worth it dude....not to mention its basically impossible to engineer a rotor even with all its pollution gear on.....

no such thng as a (Standard From Factory RWD Manual) and from what i know as i have a RWD when i was looking at converting to a manual i might have been the only one in Australia to have done it. The AWD guys have done it using a GTR box with great results. im still trying to decide if i convert to maunal and use the power fc that i have or put a shift kit in the auto and retune the factory computer. i have done a fair few mods and my car is pretty quick even with all the smoke it blows cause of the pathetic over rich nissan tuning.

i reckon u get alot more enjoyment out of these cars once u make them handle better by upgrading atleast the sway bars and if u want to by also upgrading the springs and shocks. take into account the massive differences in the RWD and AWD stageas when buying parts as like things with suspension and brakes they are quite different.

13b was just the first thing that came to mind as i love the sound of them.... i jus wanted to clarify that i wana do sumthing unique lol.... but yeh atm now ive got my mind on a supercharged LS1 into a stagea... i think id be the first in AUS then and i shuld be able to get more HP outa a charged LS1 over a worked RB26DETT

If you wanted to be different...how would a Nissan Cima V8 Motor (VK45DD) go in a Stagea?

Ultimately that is what I want to do with my M35, except with twins & liquid LPG conversion.... May take some time though....

13b was just the first thing that came to mind as i love the sound of them.... i jus wanted to clarify that i wana do sumthing unique lol.... but yeh atm now ive got my mind on a supercharged LS1 into a stagea... i think id be the first in AUS then and i shuld be able to get more HP outa a charged LS1 over a worked RB26DETT

The LS1 is a much better idea to the 13b. You will need that torque... but if you think that you will be getting more power out of a supercharged LS1 (~430kw at the fly) than a worked RB26, I would beg to differ.