SAU Community

Gtr Front Bar On A Gts-t?

VIL10N

Well it must look pretty shit then

You modified it obviously which is hardly constructive to what this guy needs

If you want to modify it thats fine you can get it to fit and look good but whats the point when you can buy something straight away that will fit perfect and look better.

Well it must look pretty shit then

You modified it obviously which is hardly constructive to what this guy needs

If you want to modify it thats fine you can get it to fit and look good but whats the point when you can buy something straight away that will fit perfect and look better.

looks pretty shit? from what i can see in that picture he fitted it pretty well...and what could look better than a genuine gtr bar if you wanted to have the gtr style?

so your saying that copied ones are better? sure they fit straight on and do the job and theres nothing wrong with that but its up to you if you can wait/want quality or not i reckon.

The whole point is to be practical about it. Will a gtr bar fit without doing some modification. No!

Sure you can trim what ever but thats just extra time and money. A gtr has a wider front so it wont look right with a thinner gtst side body anyway.

When i say it must look shit then i mean if it wasnt modified it would look shit cause the guy was stating it fits without mentioning extra work required,

The whole point of this thread was to give this guy some good advice. If you all honestly believe getting the gtr bar is a better idea then why dont you say it,

that was the point wasn't it.

Are the 33's like 34's? Like if you want a 34GTR front bar u need new bonnet etc etc... or is the reason for changing bonnet on 34's mainly for the front lip on the nose of the bonnet?

I think matt maybe wants to know if it will fit as in buy one and fit it.. otherwise u can say a rb30 will fit on my mountain bike no worries... If its not too much stuffin around with bonnets, guards etc then might be cool, I say if you love it just do it.

Edited by 1R34SON

• 2 weeks later...
The whole point is to be practical about it. Will a gtr bar fit without doing some modification. No!

Sure you can trim what ever but thats just extra time and money. A gtr has a wider front so it wont look right with a thinner gtst side body anyway.

When i say it must look shit then i mean if it wasnt modified it would look shit cause the guy was stating it fits without mentioning extra work required,

The whole point of this thread was to give this guy some good advice. If you all honestly believe getting the gtr bar is a better idea then why dont you say it,

that was the point wasn't it.

Yeah I know what you mean. Thanks for the ideas, that give me a starting point.

Are the 33's like 34's? Like if you want a 34GTR front bar u need new bonnet etc etc... or is the reason for changing bonnet on 34's mainly for the front lip on the nose of the bonnet?

Kind of, i know you need to change the guards, to accommodate the wider bumper. Maybe the reo too to suit the FMIC hole.