SAU Community

Parking Ticket For A Silver Volvo.....lol

Paramour

Got a parking ticket from the thieving government for overstaying by 10 minutes in an empty car park...$81 thank you very much.....

Anyway The ticket says Silver Volvo........for someone who sees cars everyday has no idea...LOL

Just to be sure in case I was wrong I looked everywhere for the volvo badge...couldn't find it......Because you know the government is always right

your leagal right is to fight this ticket if you want, my ex's dad succesfully faught a ticket, because they put the wrong suburb on the ticket, only by a matter of meters but, it can and should be faught

your leagal right is to fight this ticket if you want, my ex's dad succesfully faught a ticket, because they put the wrong suburb on the ticket, only by a matter of meters but, it can and should be faught

Agreed.

Since you don't drive a Volvo Jules, how could it be your car?

Agreed.

Since you don't drive a Volvo Jules, how could it be your car?

Sadly the Rego plates confirm it as mine........I have fought the Revenue office a few times and honestly it is just easier to pay the fine and cheaper too.......

My gripe is I got a fine in an empty car park...Seriously I was the only car there......tell me that is not revenue raising for a debt ridden NSW government, I have seen these pricks out in huge force recently...must be a big drive to get cash.....

Because it is clearly not about safety......

Sadly the Rego plates confirm it as mine........I have fought the Revenue office a few times and honestly it is just easier to pay the fine and cheaper too.......

My gripe is I got a fine in an empty car park...Seriously I was the only car there......tell me that is not revenue raising for a debt ridden NSW government, I have seen these pricks out in huge force recently...must be a big drive to get cash.....

Because it is clearly not about safety......

As far as I understand, an infringment notice has to be filled out correctly or else its void

As far as I understand, an infringment notice has to be filled out correctly or else its void

i also believe this is correct, and since you clearly do not own a silver volvo, then the bloke had not done his job properly, so why should you have to pay for his mistake?

and, if vic roads wouldnt let me de register my old car, because it was regestered as a "datsun" and i said "nissan" then f**k'em :)

:)

i also believe this is correct, and since you clearly do not own a silver volvo, then the bloke had not done his job properly, so why should you have to pay for his mistake?

and, if vic roads wouldnt let me de register my old car, because it was regestered as a "datsun" and i said "nissan" then f**k'em :)

:)

I'll give it a crack and see how I go....... Because I certainly don't pay Volvo prices for Insurance

Wait, wait, wait.

So I can fight the defect & neg driving (*cough*bullshit*cough*) infringements that I got issued last week, because the pig put down Purple Supra instead of Blue Supra?

Wait, wait, wait.

So I can fight the defect & neg driving (*cough*bullshit*cough*) infringements that I got issued last week, because the pig put down Purple Supra instead of Blue Supra?

hmm, colour perception is subjective, make & model of a car isn't

I know that I had a neg driving fine dropped once because an incorrect penalty amount was written on the infringement notice.

hmm, colour perception is subjective, make & model of a car isn't

I know that I had a neg driving fine dropped once because an incorrect penalty amount was written on the infringement notice.

Well I've got an incorrect penalty amount on mine too.

One section says $234. The latter section says $324.

or just write a letter first saying that the officer in question 'may' have been mistaken. they may just waive the fine as you have done the right thing. taking it to court is risky no matter how far in the right you are.

This is correct.

When I was a security guard, if anything was filled out incorrectly (it was all legal documentation - as a parking fine is) it was non-admissible.

There was one instance where a former colleague of mine wrote down the details of car and description of the driver at the time of the offence (theft) and it had to be submitted in court. Unfortunately he did not give a matching description of the car and driver. The offender walked.

As zei20l said, write a letter and perhaps make a phone call if a disputes line number is provided.

guarenteed you will get off this ticket. i had a holden pannel van and the person who wrote my ticket out said it was a cream honda wagon. i rang up the council and they told me all i had to do was write a letter and send in a copy of the ticket and they cleared it.

Edited by loymclure