SAU Community

Group Buy: R33 Gtst And R34 Gtt Cold Air Box Cover

ashneel

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im writing down all the names of those interested as i cant edit my first post and you will all get PM's regarding this. im still waiting for the manufacturer to confirm if he needs payment upfront to get these made or not so will have a definite answer hopefully within the next couple of days.

satanic ill see if we can get a blank side done as well.

as for fitment with standard cooler you may need to trim a little on the side to allow the return pipe to fit in but its best if we try it out on a stock car. can someone with a stock GTT and GTST in Melbourne SE suburbs pm me so we can try it on to see if it fits?

sorry guys jumped the gun and forgot about those with stock piping.

You're married?

Yep, for about a year now :P Hence why i've been curbing my spending on the 34 lately.

as for fitment with standard cooler you may need to trim a little on the side to allow the return pipe to fit in but its best if we try it out on a stock car. can someone with a stock GTT and GTST in Melbourne SE suburbs pm me so we can try it on to see if it fits?

Sweet, thanks for checking mate.

Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T and R34 GT-T Brand New Cold Air Box Cover which is designed to house Pod Filters.

This assists to reduce power loss caused by the sucking in of hot air from the turbo.

The box is made of ABS plastic, and features allen key bolts and nut inserts.

$50.00 each

Some adjustments may be required when fitting, depending on your intercooler and setup.

Pictures are example pictures of a R33 Series 1 1993 Skyline with the Cold Air Box Cover fitted and R34 GT-T. All piping are the same the only difference between the two models is the catch can behind the headlights are different so around that area its not a flush fit in a 34 but is not noticeable. (as shown in pic)

The example skyline R33 is set up with a Hybrid front mount intercooler and APEXI pod filter.

The cover will definitely fit the GTS-T without many adjustments as it did for me,

but I am not sure how well it suits with other models. (adjustments may be required)

The example R34 is also set up with a Hybrid Front mount cooler with a Drift pod filter.

As tested the cover will fit a 34 GT-T but you may require some adjustments depending on cooler size

You are welcome to view the item and pick up in south-east Melbourne, or postage at buyers expense.

You may pm me or post here if you require further detail.

How this will work is we will need at least a minimum of 15 confirmed numbers to get these made, and either a deposit or full payment of the item may be required as I do not have the funds to get a huge number of these made up at once but this will be confirmed within the next day or so.

PICS WILL BE POSTED TONIGHT

I'm in for this.

cheers Muz

ok confirmed with manufacturer and what we can do is provide two kinds of pod box.

one is a ready to go bolt in for cars with aftermarket cooler and one for cars with stock coolers so both cooler pipes are on the same side.

now for those with the return cooler pipes on the same saide what we can do is offer a blank box so no holes on the side you can make you own holes according to your cooler size and the angle your pipes run.

and for those with hybrid cooler systems this box will be a bolt on. price will still be at $50 per box with or without holes. postage should be no more then $20 at the most as these are very light and pretty flexiable so can fit it in a small padded box.

now payment for these will be needed upfront as i dont have the funds to get a hole heap made.

all those that have posted interest you will be getting a PM just to confirm the type you need and payment details. once payment for the first batch have been received production will start which shouldnt take more then a week to make.

ta

Ash

for the guys in sydney on here i just called High Octane and they recon they have some for an r33 gtst for $45.... i'll check them out and see if they for real or talking alittle shit.... if they are talking crap i'm sure to get one of you asneel

damn knew i missed something. at this stage we dont need a certin number but what we will do is for the first batch to be made we will need payment of $50 by friday 21/11/08 end time is 5pm. those who have made payment by then will go into the first batch.

production will start monday. if things got to plan the box will be posted out the following monday being the 01/12/08

once production start i will send pms to those in the batch and adv of postage cost for those needing to post. once postage is paid box will be sent and for those locally picking it up arrange a time and pick up.

ta

Ash